OT: UF President Steps Down

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Totally OT… UM used to have a collaboration with Nova Southeastern University and their school of osteopathy. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t buy them and expand their footprint - mainly because UM doesn’t have a pharmacy school but NSU does.

It might not be cost-effective and certainly the admission requirements are different for the schools, but it was just a random thought I had.

Totally OT… UM used to have a collaboration with Nova Southeastern University and their school of osteopathy. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t buy them and expand their footprint - mainly because UM doesn’t have a pharmacy school but NSU does.

It might not be cost-effective and certainly the admission requirements are different for the schools, but it was just a random thought I had.

Interesting point on the Pharmacy School. A guy I used to work for (USC grad), his wife got her Pharmacy degree at Emory (I am fairly certain), and she made a pretty nice salary. I even think she was making more than he was, at one point (he's now a CFO).

No Fuchs given!!

Sorry if that’s been used already , I’m not reading this entire thread

Advertisement
Fuchs is perceived as DeSantis' ***** = unhireable at Miami. Not that I want some UiF cast-off disirregardless.
Oh bull****. The dude is going back to teaching. Geez, the dude is 67. I'd like to see a young, energetic candidate as the next President of Miami.

Perceived? Pretty clear he is, and took it a step too far, which is why he's on his way out.

But politics aside, he did some good work and he has some ties to South Florida. Not saying he is my perceived pick, but wondering if he's just the kind of guy the BOT is looking for.
Unregarding what you seem to think, this guy's a no-go at Miami.

Advertisement
Interesting point on the Pharmacy School. A guy I used to work for (USC grad), his wife got her Pharmacy degree at Emory (I am fairly certain), and she made a pretty nice salary. I even think she was making more than he was, at one point (he's now a CFO).

Starting salary for a pharmacist straight out of school is around $130,000. I’m just talking about a straight retail pharmacist. If they are accepted into a residency program which is one or two years of additional work/schooling, they have a greater career opportunities and can surpass that number easily. So of course that’s up to six years post college graduation, so it’s not without sacrifice.

Advertisement
Back