OT: UF President Steps Down

Advertisement
Unregarding what you seem to think, this guy's a no-go at Miami.
The PTB's at UM are some whacky folks. I'm not sure anyone can predict their behavior. It's going to be interesting to see what they decide to do next.

Probably just say f*ck it and go w Frenk again, while hating on him from the sideline.

Oh bull****. The dude is going back to teaching. Geez, the dude is 67. I'd like to see a young, energetic candidate as the next President of Miami.

Not that I am advocating for Fuchs, but he teaches in Engineering. We have to do something to fix that dog of a College.

Starting salary for a pharmacist straight out of school is around $130,000. I’m just talking about a straight retail pharmacist. If they are accepted into a residency program which is one or two years of additional work/schooling, they have a greater career opportunities and can surpass that number easily. So of course that’s up to six years post college graduation, so it’s not without sacrifice.

Yep. She was head of the Pharmacy Department at a big hospital (Halifax). Big for Daytona, that is, but still. Paid well.

Oh bull****. The dude is going back to teaching. Geez, the dude is 67. I'd like to see a young, energetic candidate as the next President of Miami.
What are you calling BS on? I don't want the guy.

The "return to teaching" shtick might be true in this instance but it's also a verrry common initial theme when a college president is essentially forced out. I remember when the Pedo State pres was forced out (and later eventually incarcerated). He too was "returning to teaching and research" there.

Advertisement
What are you calling BS on? I don't want the guy.

The "return to teaching" shtick might be true in this instance but it's also a verrry common initial theme when a college president is essentially forced out. I remember when the Pedo State pres was forced out (and later eventually incarcerated). He too was "returning to teaching and research" there.

Yep. Teaching inmates and researching escape routes...

1 year younger than Frenk. They like em seasoned. Think Donna was in her 60's as well.

Funnily enough, Tad was relatively young (for a university president) when he got the gig back in 80 or 81. Think he was in his mid 40's, but boy, he sure did act like an octogenarian when it came to that foolsball.

Anyway, I'd like to see a younger person. A minority preferably (idc idc).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not that I am advocating for Fuchs, but he teaches in Engineering. We have to do something to fix that dog of a College.
They are dumping a bunch of money into engineering. Only thing disappointing from my son's perspective is they really only use the wind tunnel for graduate students. Not that he cares that much because he wants to fly them not build them, but then he wants to be a test pilot so who knows.

Advertisement
I thought I heard they were putting money into STEM programs now?

Yeah, they are supposed to be building a new Science building (the old one was built in the 70s) and adding on to the Physics building.

But the Engineering building? It still smells like the 1950s, at least the basement does.

Advertisement
Back