OT - TV’s

NO!

Go for this....

admiral tv.jpg

You can play your records too. I think it has an adaptor for your 45's, so you won't be out of luck.

You get plenty of screen which is unusual for such a multifunctional device--16 inches.

Tubes might be a bit hard to find though. I haven't seen one of the tube testing machines in a while. (Try eBay)

Advertisement
Go Samsung. That’s the best picture for sports. Just picked up a QLED Q70 75 inch at brandsmart with a sound bar. They have great prices.

Go Samsung. That’s the best picture for sports. Just picked up a QLED Q70 75 inch at brandsmart with a sound bar. They have great prices.
My new set says, "Samsung, get your tongue out of my *** and go make me a sandwich."

NO!

Go for this....

View attachment 120709

You can play your records too. I think it has an adaptor for your 45's, so you won't be out of luck.

You get plenty of screen which is unusual for such a multifunctional device--16 inches.

Tubes might be a bit hard to find though. I haven't seen one of the tube testing machines in a while. (Try eBay)
That's awesome. I wonder if the record player has a USB port?

Advertisement
I refuse to buy anything LG. My LG dishwasher flooded my house twice because of ****** plastic valve parts. Haven’t had problems with the fridge, oven or microwave but just out of spite I will not buy LG. I have a samsung tv from sams club and love it - it’s worked just fine for about 7 years. Only a 55 but when I eventually upgrade - I’ll likely do a 65 or 75 from sams club as well. Their deals seem to beat every other store on TVs and decent enough quality for me.

My 55 in. 4K LCD Samsung is still going strong in year 5. :noidea:
Yep I got a 65" 4k Samsung curved in '15 and a 60" 4k Samsung in '16 and both are still going with every day usage. I even dropped the 65" when hanging it and just knew it was toast but not a single problem.

I routinely see LG appliances ranked near the top across most categories (with Bosch for Dishwashers). What issues have you had?

I'm in the market for a net set myself and was told by many to stay away from Samsung (especially Samsung refrigerators) eventhough they look nice and have those fancy bells and whistles.
Within a year myself along with 3 other family members bought an LG suite. Entire set of appliances, within 2 years we all lost the fridge and I also lost my stove. And good luck finding someone to repair the fridge. I also bought an LG tv, lasted 18 months and I found out what was wrong was “a common problem “. Why no recall then? Samsung used to be nice. Not anymore either. I’m on my 4th year with a set of Frigidaire appliances and a Sony tv and no problems. **** I got a 20 year old whirlpool fridge in garage still making ice !

I refuse to buy anything LG. My LG dishwasher flooded my house twice because of ****** plastic valve parts. Haven’t had problems with the fridge, oven or microwave but just out of spite I will not buy LG. I have a samsung tv from sams club and love it - it’s worked just fine for about 7 years. Only a 55 but when I eventually upgrade - I’ll likely do a 65 or 75 from sams club as well. Their deals seem to beat every other store on TVs and decent enough quality for me.
Yeah LG is mierda

Advertisement
I think any Hurricane game has to be featured on the biggest screen possible:

View attachment 120711
Is that a phonograph in front of that guy's crotch? Where do you play your albums? Does it have a 45 adaptor?

Does it use tubes or transistors?

The only downside to some of these units is that finding tubes is a *****. Ever since they took the tube-testing machines out of the Jackson Minit Marts....I haven't seen one their in ages....in fact, I haven't seen a Jackson Minit Mart in ages....

tube tester.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a phonograph in front of that guy's crotch? Where do you play your albums? Does it have a 45 adaptor?

The only downside to some of these units is that finding tubes is a *****. Ever since they took the tube-testing machines out of the Jackson Minit Marts....I haven't seen one their in ages....in fact, I haven't seen a Jackson Minit Mart in ages....

View attachment 120736

1593961161854.png

Advertisement
I hate how the Vizio seems to die after 4 years.
****. Really. Hasn’t been my experience. Have one Vizio that’s 12 years old and still kicking. I know it’s not the best quality picture but it’s a solid B/B+ brand for me. Price, then quality, then user interface is how I like to look at the Vizio brand.

Advertisement

View attachment 120736

I took many tubes up to 7-11 to test for my Pa 😎

****. Really. Hasn’t been my experience. Have one Vizio that’s 12 years old and still kicking. I know it’s not the best quality picture but it’s a solid B/B+ brand for me. Price, then quality, then user interface is how I like to look at the Vizio brand.

Both of mine seemed to just die. No picture but power is on. They are the best priced TV for the size you get it seems.

OK guys I’m ready to upgrade my 9 year old Visio HDTV. I know, I know. I’m in the dark ages. But who better to ask for recommendations on a new TV than fellow Cane CFB fans.

Thanks!

I have a Samsung, but even within brands there is so much variation. I've found this to be the best review site for TVs as it goes through each feature and tests the t.v.s in a consistent, scientific way:

Advertisement
Back