OT - TV’s

Advertisement
What is your budget? You workin on a Miami budget or a Bama budget?

If you just want a brand name...LG or Vizio get you to the dance and there are plenty of good TVs at each price point from those two makes.

If you being recruited by Bama, let'em know you want that Sony Master Series OLED or LG C9 OLED to get yer commitment.

OK guys I’m ready to upgrade my 9 year old Visio HDTV. I know, I know. I’m in the dark ages. But who better to ask for recommendations on a new TV than fellow Cane CFB fans.

Thanks!

Look, you'll get a bunch of guys coming on here to tell you about some unbelievable TVs that are probably out of your price range. If you hung onto a Visio for 9 years, then you're probably not looking to break the bank on the new TV.

I have 4 Samsungs, various models, purchased at different times, they are great. Find the best possible model you can in the largest size you can afford and call it a day.

Also, check out the pricing at Costco/Sams/BJs, and don't be afraid to look at open-box models at Best Buy. I know guys will tell you to go high-end, but if price is an issue, you can get something pretty darn good for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
What is your budget?

If you just want a brand name...LG or Vizio get you to the dance and there are plenty of good TVs at each price point from those two makes.
Money not really an issue but I don’t need a large one due to the space it’s used in. I’ve been pleased with my current 47” Vizio Just want to upgrade to the higher def.

What do you think about Samsung?

Advertisement
The biggest thing is what you plan to use it for.....regular TV? Streaming/Netflix? BluRay or 4k movies?

For my regular TV in the office and family room, i went with Sony because of the great upscaling and motion blur capabilities. I have an LG OLED in the bedroom for movies. My one Sony tends to drop the internet a lot.

Look, you'll get a bunch of guys coming on here to tell you about some unbelievable TVs that are probably out of your price range. If you hung onto a Visio for 9 years, then you're probably not looking to break the bank on the new TV.

I have 4 Toshibas, various models, purchased at different times, they are great. Find the best possible model you can in the largest size you can afford and call it a day.

Also, check out the pricing at Costco/Sams/BJs, and don't be afraid to look at open-box models at Best Buy. I know guys will tell you to go high-end, but if price is an issue, you can get something pretty darn good for a reasonable price.
Thanks TOC. Not looking to break the bank as I mostly use it to watch sports. We have a membership at Sams and that’s where I got the one I have now. I paid about $600 for it 9 years ago and as tech usually does, one that size is about half that now.

Advertisement
Thanks TOC. Not looking to break the bank as I mostly use it to watch sports. We have a membership at Sams and that’s where I got the one I have now. I paid about $600 for it 9 years ago and as tech usually does, one that size is about half that now.

I said it in a different response, I screwed up, I have Samsungs, not Toshibas.

I would go to Best Buy, look around, learn about the models, and then see if you can get the right model from either (a) a warehouse club, or (b) Best Buy on open box special. You can also go on the Best Buy website, and it will help you find open box specials at all the stores in your area.

I just hate paying more than I have to for electronics.

Can you fit a 55 in there?

Samsung is aight, but feel they've been passed up by LG, Vizio, Sony.
Probably so on the 55”. The one I have now is 47”. Due to the space it’s in, probably not much bigger or my hard would be on a swivel. The LG’s and Vizio’s on display seem to have great pictures.

Advertisement
Had to do the same. Just got the Sony Bravia Oled, 77 inch. The thing is sweet! Very easy to set up. Worth the price!!

I had the first Sony lcd/led in 2010, it just died at my homeboys house. I actually forgot about the tv, it was amazing. I bought two Samsung’s and both went out in two years. Pure crap , both were over a grand. I’ll never purchase one of those again.

I said it in a different response, I screwed up, I have Samsungs, not Toshibas.

I would go to Best Buy, look around, learn about the models, and then see if you can get the right model from either (a) a warehouse club, or (b) Best Buy on open box special. You can also go on the Best Buy website, and it will help you find open box specials at all the stores in your area.

I just hate paying more than I have to for electronics.
I’ll check our Best Buy for sure. I’m all for saving a few bucks whenever I can.

Thanks!

Advertisement
The biggest thing is what you plan to use it for.....regular TV? Streaming/Netflix? BluRay or 4k movies?

For my regular TV in the office and family room, i went with Sony because of the great upscaling and motion blur capabilities. I have an LG OLED in the bedroom for movies. My one Sony tends to drop the internet a lot.
I use it mostly to watch sports and other cable shows so all the other options aren’t really necessary although most probably include them.

Thanks!

Had to do the same. Just got the Sony Bravia Oled, 77 inch. The thing is sweet! Very easy to set up. Worth the price!!
77 would be too big for the space. My head would be on a swivel! Lol. I’ll surely check out the Sony’s.

I’ll check our Best Buy for sure. I’m all for saving a few bucks whenever I can.

Thanks!

Yeah, there are always dudes who go out and buy "too much TV" to handle (or that the wife won't allow in the house), so they always have returns. Maybe more now in the time of coronavirus.

I think the guy who mentioned "holiday specials" might be right when it comes to the "doorbuster" models, but just find a model you like, talk to the sales guy, and maybe buy the extended warranty with the money you save. I bought one of my Samsungs in an open box deal, it was missing the remote, I got the remote on Amazon for 8.99. Samsung brand too, not some off-brand replacement remote.

I had the first Sony lcd/led in 2010, it just died at my homeboys house. I actually forgot about the tv, it was amazing. I bought two Samsung’s and both went out in two years. Pure crap , both were over a grand. I’ll never purchase one of those again.
Wow on the Samsung’s. When I bought the Vizio, I was told the life span was about 8-10 years. I figured now is the time before it blows up on me in the middle of a Canes game.

Advertisement
Back