OT - TV’s

Advertisement
If you go Samsung then opt for one of the older (if you can find one) UHD 4K TVs. DO NOT get the new Crystal UHD TV. It is the 2020 replacement for the older models. The problem is that they are made from lesser grade materials. The reviews on them are not nearly as good as the older models. If you can afford it go for the Samsung QLED. Those are their new technology TVs.

I bought my 65 In Samsung 11 years ago and it's still going strong. Before that I had SONY and they were great TVs...got out of my price range.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just out of curiosity, do any of you have an 8k television yet? They have been available for a year if so, and I saw the very first one in person at the Consumer Electronics show in 2011. I’m curious what you think of them.

I just bought a tcl 6 series 75 inch and returned it. Great picture but the component attachments were not straight and dont want to get stuck down the road. Getting a samsung RU8000. For all the reseach and my 1100 budget that is all I can do.

rtings.com has excellent reviews and guidance

Advertisement
I just bought a tcl 6 series 75 inch and returned it. Great picture but the component attachments were not straight and dont want to get stuck down the road. Getting a samsung RU8000. For all the reseach and my 1100 budget that is all I can do.

I think the RU800 is $999 at Costco right now

Edit: It is. Just saw it and am considering picking it up

IMG_20200703_184311.jpg

Best Buy has the RU8000 for $899.

Since we're on the subject; what do you guys think of an HDMI projector? I'm closing on a house this winter, and I wanted to convert one of the rooms into a man cave with a wall projector and surround sound.

Watching the canes on an 80" projector screen sounds majestic.

Advertisement
BusyBuy online outlet, usually has some great deals.

I got great price on a Samsung QLED display/open box.

Advertisement
Back