OT: Sports Cards

Yes I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have a T206 Honus Wagner.Theres only a couple known to exist and the the last one sold for a little over 3 million.
Now he may have a remake cause there’s a bunch of those out there

Not saying he 100% doesn’t have one but I’d be willing to put a pretty large bet down that he doesn’t have an original.
It was a joke.
Right now I’m sipping out of the holy grail.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200823-092739_Mercari.jpg

I thought if anybody would appreciate this you all would. Not even sure how I got this back in the day, some promo with Bounty...

it’s a full sheet of some of the guys from the 91? team.

Attachments

• B6F5C760-30F8-42DB-8334-657788BE0B52.jpeg
    B6F5C760-30F8-42DB-8334-657788BE0B52.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Advertisement
I collected pretty intensely until the market went just **** poor. I've got a decent amount of graded hurricanes, rookie cards. I'm definitely going to check on the edge rookie's I've got. Ton of basketball rookie cards. I had no idea these came back to life. Seriously, thanks for the thread.

Advertisement
I got back into the hobby a couple of years ago on a lark, and because I wanted some crap for my office. Amazing to see how it's zoomed since then, but I know full well it's going to plummet back to earth. A lot of the same things that destroyed another hobby I once enjoyed(Sneaker collecting) are coming over for this hobby as well. Where's there's money, there's going to be dumbasses that do stupid, selfish crap.

Jimmy isn't my most valuable card, but he's my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_132537812.jpg
    IMG_20210117_132537812.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Its funny this thread popped up.

I've been watching a lot of card breaks lately been thinking about getting back into it. ***** aint cheap no more though.

Watched some chick pull $1800 worth of Sabrina Ionescu WNBA cards last night.

I've been watching a lot of card breaks lately been thinking about getting back into it. ***** aint cheap no more though.

I just pulled out my stock of cards. Going to see if any value and get some $. Good feeling as i go thru the boxes.

Advertisement
Internet killed card collecting... So they made up some BS about grading cards..lol

I have over 100 barry sanders cards including rookies kobe Bryant Tracy McGrady rookies Tim Duncan i have a **** load of cards in pristine condition back home baseball basketball football soccer from 1998-2004 Topps upper deck skybox etc

Need to see how much their worth nowadays i know ill get a pretty penny for Kobe got rare Michael Jordan and magic Johnson cards too

Most cards during those years are worthless. It’s sad because they were overproduced. Unless you got a rookie or something rare and can get it graded, most others are worth $1.

Now the new cards are insanely priced because it’s the opposite and not enough supply. You can’t find a box anywhere retail these days. Aftermarket for boxes is 3-5X the price if not more. Random cards going for thousands. Just got back into it and learning cause it’s like the stock market. Players cards go up in down depending on in season play etc...

I just box a panini prizm box cause I had the itch and I pulled this Hebert.

If graded a 10, would be worth $1,200-1,500

A00CC0B3-A23B-4D96-80BD-7A21F8C0548C.jpeg

Advertisement
I used to collect Cal Ripken Jr. cards, have anywhere from 500-600 of them, some cards are multiples with the majority being singles, autographed jersey cards and all. Have all his rookie cards from 82. They're in my safe at the house with some other personal valuables. Wife gets ****ed at me cause I always say it's the 1st thing going out the window if there's a fire. Did see a 1/1 and it was autographed by Ripken, Jeter, and Rodriguez. It was on eBay as a buy it now option, but didn't have the money for it.

I got back into the hobby a couple of years ago on a lark, and because I wanted some crap for my office. Amazing to see how it's zoomed since then, but I know full well it's going to plummet back to earth. A lot of the same things that destroyed another hobby I once enjoyed(Sneaker collecting) are coming over for this hobby as well. Where's there's money, there's going to be dumbasses that do stupid, selfish crap.

Jimmy isn't my most valuable card, but he's my favorite.

That is an awesome card. To a 'Cane fan, priceless.

My dumb *** gave all my cards to my brother when I was 16-17.
We will see pulled my first set of 1986 topps football looked for high value and see two cards, i have multiple Rice x5 rookies says 10 mint value s 30k and S Young Rookie x3 at 20k mint. Might have go to them graded. Also suprised Reggie white Rookie at 1750 i got x9 of them. They are in all in great condion but as i have read grade of 7 to 10 is subject to alot. **** it cost alot to get them graded. But be nice to know. I have 3 large totes. Time to pull out good cards.

Last edited:

That’s the beauty of it though, def not cheap but you hit a banger and you got some nice play money or a down payment on a new house lol. I’ve hit some pretty insane cards for people, and myself.

Advertisement
Back