OT: Sports Cards

Not sure if any of you guys collect cards,
Or ever did. Popped open a bunch of football cards the other night, and hit these babies.

B863DB2C-2E0C-486B-AB92-7774564A3607.jpeg
A13E4413-5E40-4580-BB25-64D8C84E254B.jpeg

Advertisement
Or ever did. Popped open a bunch of football cards the other night, and hit these babies.

View attachment 127680View attachment 127681
Nice. I still have all my baseball cards from when I was a kid. Have debated throwing them out several times, but just can't bring myself to do it. They'll probably sit there in storage in my house until I die for no reason but for whatever reason I guess nostalgia I just can't toss them.

View attachment 127680View attachment 127681
Nice cards. I just got back into a bit of collecting and bought a few rookie autos, including Tua. This one is super rare I bought 4 years ago of José Fernandez because of how he signed “2013 NL ROY” and its rarity. Plus with it being a portrait and what happened it just looks eerie to me now.
DE09F025-29FA-4BDD-A61D-3F4B7B8567CE.jpeg

Nice. I still have all my baseball cards from when I was a kid. Have debated throwing them out several times, but just can't bring myself to do it. They'll probably sit there in storage in my house until I die for no reason but for whatever reason I guess nostalgia I just can't toss them.
What years did u collect?

Nice cards. I just got back into a bit of collecting and bought a few rookie autos, including Tua. This one is super rare I bought 4 years ago of José Fernandez because of how he signed “2013 NL ROY” and its rarity. Plus with it being a portrait and what happened it just looks eerie to me now.
View attachment 127683

Follow me on IG @cognizantcardbreaks, what’s crazy is when I tell people about cards they remember it as something they did as kids. Once I show them how much rookie cards sell for nowadays they’re like holdup wtf lol.

Advertisement
I'm thinking probably 86ish-early 90s but have some older individual cards that I either bought myself or were gifted to me. Those were the years I can mostly remember doing it in mass at least.

If they’re in pristine condition you might have some money with the right cards.

1990 topps Tiffany Ken Griffey just sold for some decent money in pristine condition.

66350B8E-47D0-447D-BB9D-C0070D6DEA05.jpeg

If they’re in pristine condition you might have some money with the right cards.

1990 topps Tiffany Ken Griffey just sold for some decent money in pristine condition.

View attachment 127690
My brother had his Upper Deck rookie card which was worth even more (at the time, not sure now). I asked him about it randomly a few years ago but I can't remember if he knew where it was or not. Back then when I checked prices my Wade Boggs rookie card I think was my most valuable. I have some full unopened sets from that era also

My brother had his Upper Deck rookie card which was worth even more (at the time, not sure now). I asked him about it randomly a few years ago but I can't remember if he knew where it was or not. Back then when I checked prices my Wade Boggs rookie card I think was my most valuable. I have some full unopened sets from that era also

Yea a pristine upper deck sells for about 10-13k

Advertisement
I have over 100 barry sanders cards including rookies kobe Bryant Tracy McGrady rookies Tim Duncan i have a **** load of cards in pristine condition back home baseball basketball football soccer from 1998-2004 Topps upper deck skybox etc

Need to see how much their worth nowadays i know ill get a pretty penny for Kobe got rare Michael Jordan and magic Johnson cards too

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've got a shoe box full of baseball cards from the 70's. None are mint I'm sure.

The price of the card is very dependent on its graded condition. Most view PSA as the eminent authority on grading, not Beckett or something else. And the price tends to drop like a half-life for each downward grade. PSA doesn’t do half-point scores so, as an example, if the card sells for $1,000 as a PSA 10, it’ll sell for about $500 for a PSA 9, $250 for a PSA 8, etc.

I bought a lot of 232 Jordan cards a few weeks ago for $260 on eBay. They range from 1989 to 1998. Debating which to get graded. A lot of the 1989 Hoops cards (which I got 50 or so including the 89 All-Star Jordan) are notorious for being a tad off-center.

Advertisement
Back