OT: Spencer Jones

Advertisement
There’s no viable civil suit for losing a fight. This guy was an active participant throughout even continuing to struggle till the end of the video. Had he clearly submitted at any point then maybe there would be something viable after the clear submission.

People can try to sue for anything, but that means nothing. Same thing with an arrest. They might arrest the guy who won the fight, but I doubt it would go farther than that. Anyone with a lick of common sense sees that video and doesn’t see MMA guy picking on anyone or starting trouble. Now if they want to arrest all the participants for drunk and disorderly or endangering others, then that might be viable.
Whether justified or not, once the MMA guy was in the fight, the Jones guy kept resisting so I don’t know at what point the MMA guy exceeds necessary force when the other guy wasn’t stopping trying to fight.

At this age, I’d hurt myself just trying to do that imitation thing there. I definitely don’t belong on a ****-soaked bathroom floor the hard way.
Dude - that was my first thought!! A ****ed soaked floor is not a place I want to be scrapping but to some, field conditions don’t make a difference. They’re going to beat your *** 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Respect to your knowledge, friend, but they'd have to be fools to charge that dude. Any half decent defense attorney would be drooling over this case. In the heat of the moment, you don't have the time to respond in kind. Those guys knew they were escalating a situation and what the potential ramifications of their actions would be.

They wouldn't make sympathetic complainants at all starting **** at a bar. There's always a real world component to every case, and when juries are involved, you need a compelling and sympathetic story. And a couple meatheads starting **** at a bar and then getting tuned up isn't sympathetic or compelling.
That may be right (particularly in Oklahoma, which I presume is very, very conservative), but in a larger sense, it may not matter. If the kid is charged and has to hire a lawyer, that's $ out of his pocket, his name in a criminal court file, etc. There are going to be some financial repercussions for this kid. Both of these kids are screwed in different ways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So is it still all fun and games???

Ie: Were the surgeons able to save buddy's eye?
This two day old OU Daily article says they did. They practically let Jones' lawyer write the article.

Advertisement
This two day old OU Daily article says they did. They practically let Jones' lawyer write the article.

Surgeon said hes incredibly lucky to have his eye

P
Sooooooooo my cousin is a former fixed martial artist. He’s a pretty boy, but he will beat the everlasting ish out of u. First thing he taught me; he said Rell, I know u got hands & what not, but if u ever come across a muthafcka that got an ear like me, walk away.”

Any **** that have a crinkled or cauliflower ear, there’s a 98.9% chance he’s a MMA guy. That physical contact gave him a license to defend.

But what I’m most impressed w/ is he did this w/ some cowboy boots on. Lol

He nails it with this bit about that very thing:

Advertisement
Back