OT: Spencer Jones

An OU player who doesn’t know how to defend?
Meme Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
this. 100%

now, you never know what a jury will do, .... and some of them do some really odd things .... but if a prosecutor wants to try and make spencer the victim, then some defense attorney is laughing all the way to the bank. easy money.
When juries err, it’s usually on the side of who they feel some sympathy for. It’s almost never in favor of some puke at a bar trying to flex on a smaller guy.

When juries err, it’s usually on the side of who they feel some sympathy for. It’s almost never in favor of some puke at a bar trying to flex on a smaller guy.
Yup. Unless it's a jury of OU boosters, neither Jones, with his threatening "GTFO" refrain, nor turtleneck with his repetitive "look at me *****" and tough guy shoving move, will be getting any sympathy from a jury.

Advertisement
You never want to end up going at it with a wrestler!! Check the ears and nose.

second if you push some dude and he’s just got a smile on his face and he’s not one bit worried about the size difference you are screwed

I got a good friend we call him Crazy Steve
He will f you up so fast and he won’t stop. There is no off switch when he gets going.

Wait, the real danger here is nobodies wearing a mask during this catastrophic pandemic, not to mention they are in groups bigger than 6 and not practicing social distancing! Don't they realize everyone might die?
What do you mean might!!!???

OU reported every single person in that bar suffered severe....

nothingness, nada, zero, zilch.

😳

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll come out of Lurker-ville to comment on this one. First the guys above talking about Karate guys being bad-asses, I'm sorry but that's just not true in my experience. I used to work the door (bouncer) at clubs back in the 80's and I've seen so many Karate black belts get their asses stomped it's not funny, and not by other "martial artists" but by average dudes who didn't take ****e from anybody. And don't get me started on Tae kwan do, Good grief, breaking pine boards? Great. Fighting? Absolute ****e. Second, the guy talking about his friend the "tunnel rat in Nam", he's probably full of ****e. In my current line of work (MRI tech) I hear this BS almost every day from guys who are claustrophobic and feel like they need an excuse because they're ashamed. If someone tells you that, ask to see their Rat tat that they all had, if he doesn't have one he's a liar. There were only around 100 and less than half made it out alive. About 10 years ago a reporter did a story on them and could only find 12 still around. They were almost exclusively asian or hispanic and they ALL were little dudes, so that they could fit in the little tunnels. I literally had 2 guys tell me that BS last week and both of them were over 6 feet tall.

The other guy’s an actual local kid and OU student.

Apparently Turtleneck guy was also on the OU football team, but it looks like he was a washed out walkon. The two MMA guys are brothers and their father owns and operates The Colosseum Wrestling & MMA in Norman.

Jones and his buddy really did pick the wrong two guys to start stuff with. Football is a violent sport, but it's not a combat sport. Hopefully some valuable lessons were learned.

I'll come out of Lurker-ville to comment on this one. First the guys above talking about Karate guys being bad-asses, I'm sorry but that's just not true in my experience. I used to work the door (bouncer) at clubs back in the 80's and I've seen so many Karate black belts get their asses stomped it's not funny, and not by other "martial artists" but by average dudes who didn't take ****e from anybody. And don't get me started on Tae kwan do, Good grief, breaking pine boards? Great. Fighting? Absolute ****e. Second, the guy talking about his friend the "tunnel rat in Nam", he's probably full of ****e. In my current line of work (MRI tech) I hear this BS almost every day from guys who are claustrophobic and feel like they need an excuse because they're ashamed. If someone tells you that, ask to see their Rat tat that they all had, if he doesn't have one he's a liar. There were only around 100 and less than half made it out alive. About 10 years ago a reporter did a story on them and could only find 12 still around. They were almost exclusively asian or hispanic and they ALL were little dudes, so that they could fit in the little tunnels. I literally had 2 guys tell me that BS last week and both of them were over 6 feet tall.
I am one claustrophobic puss and I won’t even pretend. When I had an MRI last time, I did the open one.

A lot of traditional “karate” guys don’t fair as well in bar fights. I remember a black belt in tae kwon do I was friends with in college who would stand on one leg with his foot on the other leg extended over my head. He got popped and went down in a crowded bar. These MMA guys are a different breed though and they obviously fight in ways which are better adapted for this.

Karate dojos really blew up in the 70s and through the 80s. The result is a lot of bad schools out there, and "black belts" that are pretty worthless (and a lot of dudes pretending they have a black belt). One "black belt" might have 2 years of elementary training without ever sparring or sparring with full contact. Another might have trained for 5 years with full contact sparring a few times per week for his black belt. There are some karate black belts who are dangerous (at least on their feet), but there are a ton of them who have never been in anything resembling a real fight in their lives.

Sadly, BJJ has gotten that way with its popularity through the UFC/MMA craze. Mileage varies greatly between gyms. The floor is higher though, since the fundamentals of BJJ require your training to utilize some degree of sparring (instead of just practicing katas in front of a mirror or lining up punching/kicking imaginary opponents).

Tae Kwan Do is just fundamentally among the worst. Bunch of spinning, jumping, and turning techniques that look very cool when you are sparring for points or nobody is fighting back, but the moment anyone with their balls on tight and some power comes forward you're in trouble.

If I was 16 again, I'd probably pick something more combat-focused like Krav Maga.

Advertisement
Back