OT- Shalala

Advertisement
One of the few people I truly hate in this world. I will **** on her grave in front of her family!!

Because you're a terrible person and one who's dumb enough to think that the President of the University is responsible for winning/losing football games.

She WAS!

Couldn't sign Butch's contract, destroyed the Orange Bowl, picked three loser coaches after that - and YOU don't think she was responsible for us winning or losing?

Next time you get a thought - don't.

Tad Foote was the President when Butch left UM.

The City of Miami had a SIGNED CONTRACT with Hammes to renovate the Orange Bowl, and then after getting pressure from the Latin Builders Association, the City claimed that they thought they had a contract with Hammes, Inc., not Hammes Florida, LLC. The City then spent millions to break the contract. Shalala was not involved with that AT ALL.

Coker was selected by Tad Foote. You can blame Shalala for Shannon, but Golden was the product of the "search firm" and our AD at the time.

Oh, and the first 7 Confederate States seceded in January 1861 BEFORE the Morrill Tariff Act was passed in March 1861.

You, literally, GET EVERY SINGLE FACT WRONG.

And you have the idiocy to criticize someone else for having a "thought".

It is really easy to Google actual facts and dates and whatnot. You should try it sometime.

Hey!

You're messing with my narrative, and I was on a roll!

You just don't take stuff serious enough!

If your view of Shalala begins and ends with Miami (FL) football, then yeah, she was horrible.

If you care about the university outside of football, she brought in a **** ton of money, and had the university ranked top 40 in the nation with significantly higher admissions standards by the time she left.

Couldn't sign Butch's contract, destroyed the Orange Bowl, picked three loser coaches after that - and YOU don't think she was responsible for us winning or losing?

You are woefully uninformed.

Shalala didn't take over until the summer of 2001. Any involvement with Butch Davis was cursory. Butch Davis left for $15 million and an NFL job. Now you're blaming Shalala for that?

The City of Miami destroyed the Orange Bowl. What did Donna Shalala have to do with a facility that the University didn't own?

Paul Dee and Kirby Hocutt picked those coaches.

You need to get help. You're deranged.

And the rest of you losers need to actually get informed. It's embarrassing reading this stuff from our fans. They have no perspective and don't even know the recent history of the University.

Advertisement
So is it a coincidence that with the same athletic director we suddenly started paying big money for assistants and over 4 million for a head coach? Not only was our head coach cheap before but also every assistant.

No. It's the cumulative effect of 10+ years of losing.

It's called desperation.

Guess what? We were cheap with Butch too.

We were cheap with everybody because the University wasn't flush with cash.

The team I follow most closely after the Canes is the USMNT soccer program.

**** my life. I can't get rid of Frodo Baggins. The good news is that after the abortion that was this WC qualifying cycle they are probably going to clean house from top to bottom.

Everything that woman touches turns to ****. She's the anti golden goose.

Advertisement
Oh Lord, Donna's family members are back out of the woods to defend that piece of crap. She intentional destroyed our program because it was way to manly for her political views and had set a dangerous example of young black men accomplishing something virtually on their own. Every other successful football programed owned its success to alum, donor, the institution or one great coach. THE U was a product of the players and they were mostly, but not all, black. Liberals hated that.

This is one of the stupidest posts on a forum full of stupid posts.

If Presidents are responsible for football success or failure then how does your theory account for her tenure at Wisconsin?

++SHALALA STARTED++
1988: 1-10
1989: 2-9
1990: 1-10
1991: 5-6
1992: 5-6
1993: 10-1-1 (Rose Bowl)

Is she responsible for it? Was she not a liberal back then? Did she not have disdain for young black men in the 1980's and 1990's?

This post perfectly embodies my view on this. Those people who hate Shalala hate her viscerally because she's a liberal. Period.

Oh Lord, Donna's family members are back out of the woods to defend that piece of crap. She intentional destroyed our program because it was way to manly for her political views and had set a dangerous example of young black men accomplishing something virtually on their own. Every other successful football programed owned its success to alum, donor, the institution or one great coach. THE U was a product of the players and they were mostly, but not all, black. Liberals hated that.

This is one of the stupidest posts on a forum full of stupid posts.

If Presidents are responsible for football success or failure then how does your theory account for her tenure at Wisconsin?

++SHALALA STARTED++
1988: 1-10
1989: 2-9
1990: 1-10
1991: 5-6
1992: 5-6
1993: 10-1-1 (Rose Bowl)

Is she responsible for it? Was she not a liberal back then? Did she not have disdain for young black men in the 1980's and 1990's?

This post perfectly embodies my view on this. Those people who hate Shalala hate her viscerally because she's a liberal. Period.

The Frenkinator ain't exactly a conservative. Results and perceived trajectory and basic optics with college athletics will trump fanbase biases based on pure political ideology. Lil Donna was 0 for 3 on those while here.

Advertisement
The Frenkinator ain't exactly a conservative. Results and perceived trajectory and basic optics with college athletics will trump fanbase biases based on pure political ideology. And Lil Donna was 0 for 3 on those while here.

That's easy.

Frenk gets credit for simply not being Shalala.

People loved Al Golden in the beginning because he wasn't Randy Shannon.

Rinse, repeat.

If Richt doesn't win big will Frenk then he to blame?

It's utter nonsense.

They must not have been that obvious, because people were fine with her until the tide of perception really turned against al. Up until then, nobody seemed to notice that she was obviously killing the team.

The people who actually know about the role of a University President were fine with her.

Clueless football knuckleheads were not.

join date jul 2017

not nearly as clueless as you...

The Frenkinator ain't exactly a conservative. Results and perceived trajectory and basic optics with college athletics will trump fanbase biases based on pure political ideology. And Lil Donna was 0 for 3 on those while here.

That's easy.

Frenk gets credit for simply not being Shalala.

People loved Al Golden in the beginning because he wasn't Randy Shannon.

Rinse, repeat.

If Richt doesn't win big will Frenk then he to blame?

It's utter nonsense.

Yes. The AD and the University President get the blame for a decade plus of mediocrity and bad hires/extensions and questionable levels of financial support. So I don't think people would spare Frenk from venom in 2025 if we've blown for 10 years just because his association to liberalism or the Clintons isn't as immediately obvious.

Advertisement
That bytch was all about pencils and perfect attendance.

A University President who cared about academics.

I know.

What a disgrace.

And you calling her a bytch has nothing to do with her and everything to do with you.

Academics were not at the top of her list, her first priority was $$$$, and even when Randy Shannon told the entire football team to stay away from Nevin, she still let him on the field chasing him for dollars.

Yes. The AD and the University President get the blame for a decade plus of mediocrity and bad hires/extensions and questionable levels of financial support. So I don't think people would spare Frenk from venom in 2025 if we've blown for 10 years just because his association to liberalism or the Clintons isn't as immediately obvious.

You're just proving how stupid our fans are.

If you listened to them you'd think that every coach (expect Johnson and Schnellenberger), every AD since Jankovich and every President (except Frenk) sucked.

Somehow the University is top 40, the football team has won 5 national championships and the athletic department is nationally competitive despite being a small private school.

I choose to think rationally and conclude that our fans are dip****s.

Academics were not at the top of her list, her first priority was $$$$, and even when Randy Shannon told the entire football team to stay away from Nevin, she still let him on the field chasing him for dollars.

Newsflash: Academics is a lot about money.

And since when was Donna Shalala on the football team?

Nothing that you say makes any sense.

Advertisement
Back