OT- Shalala

Academics were not at the top of her list, her first priority was $$$$, and even when Randy Shannon told the entire football team to stay away from Nevin, she still let him on the field chasing him for dollars.

Newsflash: Academics is a lot about money.

And since when was Donna Shalala on the football team?

Nothing that you say makes any sense.

I just know you get invited to lots of parties.

What a stick!

Advertisement
Your entire statement convinces me that you're simply too blind to see the obvious warning signs that most people see who don't have their head up their a$$.

I demand evidence and insight when claims like yours are made.

Usually people like you are incapable of backing any of it up. As you've so able demonstrated.

Why am I not surprised to see you joined this board a few months ago? I wouldn't know where to look for evidence over this bull****. We didn't take notes because Doppleganger would join the board and demand evidence. We should have known!

When I was a student, everyone loved what she had done in terms of academics, but hated what she had done to the team. The orange bowl was demolished and the basketball stadium was built on campus. She wanted us to be a bigger basketball school and didn't want us spending a ton on a great football coach. After a few ****** seasons, she gave Golden a 5 year extension that left everyone in disbelief. Even though we didn't know for sure if Golden would work out, it was unreasonable to give him that kind of extension for subpar performance.

I'm not wasting my time finding you 5 threads from 5 years ago just because you're being a pedant.

Last edited:
Your entire statement convinces me that you're simply too blind to see the obvious warning signs that most people see who don't have their head up their a$$.

Usually people like you are incapable of backing any of it up. As you've so able demonstrated.

View attachment 51741
Now sit down and shut up. There are adults talking here.

This is worthy of quoting.

Advertisement

View attachment 51741
Now sit down and shut up. There are adults talking here.

/thread

Have you seen some of the nerds that play for the US team? Skinny little 5'4" 130lbs white dudes with names like "Landon".

It's all the suburban white kids from Ohio and Vermont whose minivan-driving soccer-mommies wouldn't let them play real football because their little babies might get hit...now as adults.

It's not a surprise at all that America is bad at soccer. It's too funny to watch the meltdown and it's amazing to me that other people are surprised at the very predictable outcome.

Last edited:
Yes. The AD and the University President get the blame for a decade plus of mediocrity and bad hires/extensions and questionable levels of financial support. So I don't think people would spare Frenk from venom in 2025 if we've blown for 10 years just because his association to liberalism or the Clintons isn't as immediately obvious.

You're just proving how stupid our fans are.

If you listened to them you'd think that every coach (expect Johnson and Schnellenberger), every AD since Jankovich and every President (except Frenk) sucked.

Somehow the University is top 40, the football team has won 5 national championships and the athletic department is nationally competitive despite being a small private school.

I choose to think rationally and conclude that our fans are dip****s.

I conclude that you're a puss and a Shalala apologist.

Academics were not at the top of her list, her first priority was $$$$, and even when Randy Shannon told the entire football team to stay away from Nevin, she still let him on the field chasing him for dollars.

Dude, you are so lost, never said she was on the team, but if the coach of the team, who was under her authority, told everyone to stay away from Nevin, why did she not instruct him to let all the players have contact with this wonderful donor.

What good is the money if it is dirty and gets the school on probation, Shalala was a disaster for this football program. If you cannot see that, feel sorry for you.

Advertisement

Dude, you are so lost, never said she was on the team, but if the coach of the team, who was under her authority, told everyone to stay away from Nevin, why did she not instruct him to let all the players have contact with this wonderful donor.

What good is the money if it is dirty and gets the school on probation, Shalala was a disaster for this football program. If you cannot see that, feel sorry for you.

Because she was getting money from him is why .

join date jul 2017

not nearly as clueless as you...

This is funny.

Post count as proof of knowledge.

But we all notice how none of your 1,466 are meaningful in any way. Especially on this topic.

doesn't matter what I post, I could post the picture of that ***ing rat smiling while nevin shapiro presented his hard earned money to her and you'd still find some sad excuse

news flash my man, people that have been around saw the stuff that was going on and I would not have known about it myself if I had just joined in july of 2017

now go in peace

But she neutered the program in her tenure here and backed Golden 100%. Also didn't believe in financially supporting the football program. And that's aside from the facts that she's just a POS.

Not true.

Do you have any actual evidence to support the first claim?

See, I think you're just saying that because you're a football knucklehead and because of the last line of your sentence. You just don't like her (probably because of her politics).

You are not that smart and have no clue what she did to our program. She is a typical democrat who has “smart”ideas but they **** up evryone and never suffer the consequences of their “smart”plans

Advertisement
Lol at defending shalala. Even her famed $1B deal was a disaster. Cronyism was rampant and it was a mess

They must not have been that obvious, because people were fine with her until the tide of perception really turned against al. Up until then, nobody seemed to notice that she was obviously killing the team.

The people who actually know about the role of a University President were fine with her.

Clueless football knuckleheads were not.
Okay, your probation period here on CIS is over. Time for you to find another board.

Good riddance to Donna the troll. She cucked the program as bad as Hillary wanted to cuck this country.

Advertisement
That bytch was all about pencils and perfect attendance.

A University President who cared about academics.

I know.

What a disgrace.

And you calling her a bytch has nothing to do with her and everything to do with you.

She aint care about football i tell u that much...and thats y everyone is posting here caneinsight cause we all care about football. So if she sucked at that she sucks

Alumni that have interacted with Shalala previously are on this forum haven't said anything flattering about it either.

Nice anecdotal evidence but plenty of alums loved her because of how well the academics and reputation of the school improved.

I can't feed my family on the glories of the football program(Even though I enjoy watching them succeed, I even flew across the country to witness it last weekend). I can feed my family using the degree I earned at the University, and thanks to Dr. Shalala, people look at it as a big time asset. Kids graduating from The U 30 years ago were considered party kids. That isn't the case today, and Dr. Shalala is a huge reason why.

Remember, there are a lot of Hurricane fans that didn't attend the institution, in fact, there are a fair number that have never met, much less extensively socialized with someone that have. As a result, they have a flawed understanding of how the institution operates, and why things happen.

Not a Miami native,but isn't one of the issues is Shalala dumped millions
into the medical programs and hospitals.And she got what she wants one of the finest
hospital systems in the country. Was it at the expense of the athletic programs,probably
but today the best of both.

Advertisement
Back