OT- Shalala

Advertisement
Academics were not at the top of her list, her first priority was $$$$, and even when Randy Shannon told the entire football team to stay away from Nevin, she still let him on the field chasing him for dollars.

Newsflash: Academics is a lot about money.

And since when was Donna Shalala on the football team?

Nothing that you say makes any sense.

I just know you get invited to lots of parties.

What a stick!

This is exhibit 501 why our fan base is so embarrassing.

They think that the antidote to not knowing what they're talking about is to down-vote, post silly memes and/or just make snarky comments.

I can assure you that this isn't a substitute for knowing the facts.

Last edited:
You really think she's not a worthless piece of **** and if nothing else, the unluckiest charm in the history of the world?

This IS a new low

The board is mostly ceremonial. Like most boards on this Earth.

But you're a clueless neanderthal who's allergic to facts.

Why am I not surprised to see you joined this board a few months ago? I wouldn't know where to look for evidence over this bull****. We didn't take notes because Doppleganger would join the board and demand evidence. We should have known!

You're right.

Your 2011 join date is way before my time.

Which is why I can rattle off facts from the top of my head about things that you've probably never even heard of.

Who needs notes? Anybody with half a brain can recall events if they followed them closely.

But you're somebody who thinks throwing out expletives is cover for their incompetence.

Advertisement
When I was a student, everyone loved what she had done in terms of academics, but hated what she had done to the team. The orange bowl was demolished and the basketball stadium was built on campus. She wanted us to be a bigger basketball school and didn't want us spending a ton on a great football coach. After a few ****ty seasons, she gave Golden a 5 year extension that left everyone in disbelief. Even though we didn't know for sure if Golden would work out, it was unreasonable to give him that kind of extension for subpar performance.

Again, everything you just said is bunk.

You didn't provide a single scintilla of evidence to support any of it. You just threw out a bunch of silly and unsubstantiated rumors and opinions.

And not even clever ones either.

Here's something to ponder:

1) What did she do to the team? Specifics please.

2) What did she have to do with the demolition of the Orange Bowl?

3) How was building a basketball "stadium" (calling it a stadium shows how clueless you are) a bad thing?

4) What evidence do you have that she wanted to be a bigger basketball school?

I'm not wasting my time finding you 5 threads from 5 years ago just because you're being a pedant.

And the most overused dodge in message board history.

You'll waste plenty of time posting a paragraph long screed (full of inaccuracies and ignorance) but you won't spend any time finding the facts.

My bet is that you don't know the facts.

I conclude that you're a puss and a Shalala apologist.

Feel free to come up with an entire thought and post it at any time.

Maybe you'll find the fortitude to get some facts and present them like a man instead of post embarrassing stuff like this.

I encounter people like you all the time.

Completely feckless but too egotistical to just avoid a topic that you know nothing about.

Advertisement
Dude, you are so lost, never said she was on the team, but if the coach of the team, who was under her authority, told everyone to stay away from Nevin, why did she not instruct him to let all the players have contact with this wonderful donor.

You said Randy told everybody on the team about Shapiro. I then said that Shalala wasn't on the team.

Then you got incredulous.

It's very simple to understand.

Also, I guess this would be the first time ever that young men didn't listen to authority figures, right?

What good is the money if it is dirty and gets the school on probation, Shalala was a disaster for this football program. If you cannot see that, feel sorry for you.

Yeah, I'm sure she took the money knowing it was dirty.

Get real.

The feds didn't even know about Shapiro until way after the fact.

This fa base is embarrassing to the end.

Why is this thread being spammed and kept at the top of the football board. Who gives a ****, it is not about a current Miami employee anymore and it has to do with soccer.

Advertisement
I could post the picture of that ***ing rat smiling while nevin shapiro presented his hard earned money to her and you'd still find some sad excuse

Yes, you could post a picture completely out of context and then think that it vindicates you.

But that's why you're you.

There isn't a University President on Earth that wouldn't have accepted that check in that circumstance. Randy thought he was a shady figure but he wasn't under any investigation and had donated money to the school in the past.

This is revisionist history.

Advertisement
She is a typical democrat who has “smart”ideas but they **** up evryone and never suffer the consequences of their “smart”plans

And then you prove my point in your very next sentence.

You don't like her politics and so you want to smear her.

That was evident from the beginning.

Lol at defending shalala. Even her famed $1B deal was a disaster. Cronyism was rampant and it was a mess

Yeah.

Two billion dollar fundraising campaigns.

No Florida University had even had one prior to the Momentum Campaigns.

But, yeah. Total disaster.

Okay, your probation period here on CIS is over. Time for you to find another board.

Why do people respond with this junk?

If you don't have anything intelligent to post on the topic then just move on.

This serves no purpose. You don't look clever. You just look like you're dodging the topic.

She aint care about football i tell u that much...and thats y everyone is posting here caneinsight cause we all care about football. So if she sucked at that she sucks

Which is why her short tenure at Wisconsin was largely about turning around the athletic department (and in turn the football program) and every comment she's ever made noted the importance of athletics.

She made the move to the ACC (which benefited athletics) and she moved to Hard Rock Stadium to benefit athletics (didn't allow the school to be held hostage by the City of Miami).

You just have no evidence. You just have your knucklehead emotions.

(and likely misogyny)

Advertisement
Back