OT- Shalala

Randy spoke with Shalala on a regular basis, and she was constantly around the program, the woman knew and did not want to lose the money.

Stop the presses.

So you're going to claim in public that Donna Shalala knew about Nevin Shapiro's Ponzi Scheme and did nothing about it because all she wanted was his dirty money?

I think I've heard it all now.

Advertisement
Okay Randy Shannon knew Shapiro was dirty but Shalala did not, you are embarrassing yourself with these posts.

No, Randy Shannon thought he was shady. I doubt he knew anything about the Ponzi Scheme.

And why would Shalala know anything about Shapiro?

Nobody has been able to give anything but a laughable answer to that.

It's literally in the U Part 2 documentary that compliance warned Shalala about Shapiro immediately during an altercation.

You seem to be the only digging your heels on Shalala. You laugh at everyone because we don't provide anything concrete in your own words, yet you haven't provided **** from your end as well.

Why did the budget for the coaching staff suddenly drastically increase when a new University President was hired? It could be 100% coincidence but considering the AD and BOT were the same, it only makes sense to question why it took a new President for it to happen.

Why did Alabama finally pay up and get somebody like Nick Saban in 2007?

Because they were tired of 15 years of losing.

And Richt fell to us.

Something that we can't test with Shalala because he wasn't available to her.

Did Alabama's hiring of Nick Saban also coincide with a change of University President?

Was Alabama purposely nickel and diming their football program while claiming (at least publicly) to not have the funds that other programs have?

You seem to be the only digging your heels on Shalala. You laugh at everyone because we don't provide anything concrete in your own words, yet you haven't provided **** from your end as well.

Except that I seem to understand that the burden of proof is on those making the charge and not on me.

The fact that they've (and you've) failed miserably to connect any of the dots to Shalala is your fault not mine.

Advertisement
Did Alabama's hiring of Nick Saban also coincide with a change of University President?

Nope.

The President was Robert Witt who began his tenure in 2003.

The AD was Mal Moore who began his tenure in 1999.

Just tired of losing.

Why did the budget for the coaching staff suddenly drastically increase when a new University President was hired? It could be 100% coincidence but considering the AD and BOT were the same, it only makes sense to question why it took a new President for it to happen.

That did not happen.

There are lots of things you could say, but the "budget for the coaching staff" did not decline.

And just to follow-up on that fake argument...first of all, if you hire a brand new head coach (Coker/Shannon) or hire a lesser school's head coach (Golden), that doesn't mean you pay equal or more than the last guy got.

Furthermore, most porsters are clueless as to who actually sets the budget, and that is the BOARD OF TRUSTEES, not the President.

As a UM alum, I have plenty of concerns about UM's Board of Trustees, from the makeup of the Board to the shocking lack of turnover (there are people on the Board who are Tad Foote appointees, and I'm talking about 1980s-era appointees).

I don't care about any UM President's politics (and most porsters are clueless about the fact that most of UM's Presidents have NOT been Republicans), but the reality is that the BoT makes most of the decisions, particularly the big ones.

But, hey, why should I spoil the fun for a bunch of porsters who don't know anything about how UM runs, but love to bash one particular person...oh, and look at 15-year time periods and attribute everything bad to the person at the top...

Was Alabama purposely nickel and diming their football program while claiming (at least publicly) to not have the funds that other programs have?

Miami doesn't have the funds of other programs. That's not a false claim.

People don't buy tons of things that they can technically afford because it would tap them out financially.

I laugh at these people who think Miami's financial constraints are fabricated.

Original Canes Fan. Who else uses circular lawyer logic like you. And I'm not even a detective. But this is fun! :busmoon:

Definitely not him.

I could be wrong but it makes more sense that the guy named "OriginalCane" in this very thread who seems to agree with me might in fact be your guy.

Look, you should stick to your own business.

My screen name (from when I was on Grassy) was TheOriginalCane4ever. On newer boards, I have shortened the name to TheOriginalCane. Those are the only 2 screen names I have used for over 20 years.

Advertisement
Look, you should stick to your own business.

My screen name (from when I was on Grassy) was TheOriginalCane4ever. On newer boards, I have shortened the name to TheOriginalCane. Those are the only 2 screen names I have used for over 20 years.

I don't even know why people care but I was just giving our clueless friend a little bit of help.

Lord knows it won't do him any good.

It's literally in the U Part 2 documentary that compliance warned Shalala about Shapiro immediately during an altercation.

So you're saying that UM Compliance knew that Shapoiro was dirty (eg. Ponzi Scheme!) but did nothing about it?

You guys must be on drugs.

It's one thing to say that a guy might be shady. It's another thing to say that he's running a Ponzi Scheme and that his money is dirty.

In office June 1, 2001 – August 16, 2015, it's the one constant during the decline...

Correlation vs. Causation

She was also the only constant remaining from the last national championship.

Mean anything?

Not really.

Edward Tad Foote helped build the Miami football program, Donna Shalala almost destroyed it. May I ask your relation to her?

Uh...no.

Tad Foote was WELL-KNOWN for taking actions that DID NOT support the football team. Bernie Kosar threw a football at his head when he belatedly came out to a football practice.

Well both of you tell me what he did to not support that was so detrimental to the program. I'll tell you what he and his admin that he was responsible for did and what mattered the most. They didn't cave to pressure hiring a current staff member like many wanted and instead went on the outside and hired one of the GOAT, Jimmy Johnson. Shalala meanwhile caved and went with two unqualified assistants two times in a row.

Yeah Ole Tad did some silly stuff but what matters at the end of the day is hiring the right people. Being able to be impartial and see true potential.

That did not happen.

There are lots of things you could say, but the "budget for the coaching staff" did not decline.

Nobody ever said the "budget for the coaching staff" declined. All I said was that it significantly increased when they hired the new President.

The only people that know exactly what the deal was between Donna and the athletic department are Donna, Blake James and the members of the BOT. Everything else is just speculation.

All I'm saying is that the accusations against Donna are not that far fetched. It's a mighty strong coincidence that as soon as the University hired a new President, the athletic department all of the sudden had the money to not only buy out the remaining portion of Al Golden's contract but to also spend top dollar on a new head coach and assistant coaches.

Advertisement
Well both of you tell me what he did to not support that was so detrimental to the program.

Again, burden of proof is on you.

I'd say that Foote served as a necessary counter-balance to the football program.

But he certainly didn't build any of it.

Yeah Ole Tad did some silly stuff but what matters at the end of the day is hiring the right people. Being able to be impartial and see true potential.

Howard Schnellenberger was hired two full years before Tad Foote became President.

The only people that know exactly what the deal was between Donna and the athletic department are Donna, Blake James and the members of the BOT. Everything else is just speculation.

Yours being the biggest speculation of all.

Advertisement
One of the few people I truly hate in this world. I will **** on her grave in front of her family!!

Because you're a terrible person and one who's dumb enough to think that the President of the University is responsible for winning/losing football games.

She may not have coached us to the losses. But she neutered the program in her tenure here and backed Golden 100%. Also didn't believe in financially supporting the football program. And that's aside from the facts that she's just a POS.

Apparently didn't listen to warnings about Nevin.

It's a mighty strong coincidence that as soon as the University hired a new President, the athletic department all of the sudden had the money to not only buy out the remaining portion of Al Golden's contract but to also spend top dollar on a new head coach and assistant coaches.

It also followed the most lop-sided loss in program history and several planes flying with banners which didn't happen until after Shalala left.

But that's apparently too analytical for you.

Randy spoke with Shalala on a regular basis, and she was constantly around the program, the woman knew and did not want to lose the money.

Stop the presses.

So you're going to claim in public that Donna Shalala knew about Nevin Shapiro's Ponzi Scheme and did nothing about it because all she wanted was his dirty money?

I think I've heard it all now.

A friend of mine, now deceased, told me that there were warnings conveyed to somebody higher up and in a position of authority that Shapiro was a "crook," but people wouldn't listen. I don't know who told what to whom. The buck stopped with Shalala. My friend was very much an "insider." Somebody higher up really screwed up. Is it just a coincidence she ended up with a questionable operation like the Clinton Foundation?

Advertisement
Back