OT: Rose Bowl / Sugar Bowl

Advertisement
Yes and yes imo. Tua made a living throwing from clean pockets to defined reads with 4 NFL WRs. Getting exposed now. He's a game manager distributor type. QB is the foundation of a team you can't settle there. Trade Tua for what you can get and upgrade.
How?. He threw to better wrs at Bama as a true freshman. My dlphins are playing with stone cold special teams wrs and practice qsquad guys..literally.

I was never high on Tua but I still believed him to be better than Herbert and would’ve taken him knowing that we’d most likely get another high pick this year (either by a poor season or trading up) and would’ve been willing to cut the cord if I didn’t see enough.

I think he’s done enough to warrant building a talented team around him but if a can’t miss QB prospect emerges and we can get him it certainly makes things more difficult. We’d still have tons of draft picks to help out the new QB!

I was extremely high on Tua before the injury - that particular injury, a hip that could easily end a career, scared the **** out of me.

What i wasn't expecting was 2 things:
- Being tentative to throw the ball and becoming the check down king.
- His arm strength hampering him that much. In a clean pocket he can step into throws.....but we know pockets are not routinely clean in the NFL and you can see it in some of his throws.

Advertisement
How?. He threw to better wrs at Bama as a true freshman. My dlphins are playing with stone cold special teams wrs and practice qsquad guys..literally.
Can't wait for the backtracking when the offense is revamped in a couple of months.

Ohio State is just so much more physical than Clemson.

Cya Trevor, still think you're a heck of a player, but also overhyped. Etienne, fun to watch.

OSU and Bama will be one physical as **** match-up. Heads gonna roll that game.

Advertisement
I was extremely high on Tua before the injury - that particular injury, a hip that could easily end a career, scared the **** out of me.

- His arm strength hampering him that much. In a clean pocket he can step into throws.....but we know pockets are not routinely clean in the NFL and you can see it in some of his throws.
Tua issue is they coach him to throw the checkdown..he doesnt like to turn the ball over so he doesnt rip it much..AND they clal it TOTALLY different for Fitzpatrick. Our OC is 100 yrs old. The minute fitzpatrick comes in we see different plays..they are trying to coddle or build confidence with Tua.

Ohio State is just so much more physical than Clemson.

Cya Trevor, still think you're a heck of a player, but also overhyped. Etienne, fun to watch.

OSU and Bama will be one physical as **** match-up. Heads gonna roll that game.

No it wont. It will be 7 on 7 with Bama throwing the ball over them. OSU defense is slow as well. Smith gonna have a similar situation as he did earlier today with 2-3 tds

Advertisement
Tua issue is they coach him to throw the checkdown..he doesnt like to turn the ball over so he doesnt rip it much..AND they clal it TOTALLY different for Fitzpatrick. Our OC is 100 yrs old. The minute fitzpatrick comes in we see different plays..they are trying to coddle or build confidence with Tua.

I don't disagree with some of that. I hate Gailey. I hated the hire and was all over it from Day 1.

BUT - Tua ripped it in college. He took risks all the time. Fitz takes risks all the time. Tua doesn't look himself and it's really odd, especially after being benched twice. I'm really interested to see him this week.

Because the first few games Gailey schemed him throws off boot action, play action, easy middle of field stuff and leak type of plays. He executed that pretty well. Then defenses adjusted and took away the schemed stuff and he's not getting through progressions, finding the open read, turning it loose. He's a programmed passer not an aggressive thrower, especially outside the numbers.

Look I think he can develop into a starter, maybe a Cousins type in the best case scenario, but you shouldn't have to load up on talent to prop up a QB. Tua still has value around the league so it makes sense to trade him and use the pick to get a better prospect.

He has been checking down too much. Obviously, he's playing with one of the worst WR corps in the league. Yes, Fitzpatrick plays with those same WRs, but much of Fitzpatrick's stats from last week came on the fluke Braille Mary (amazing) and the busted tackle by Gaskin to house a screen pass for 59 yards that should have gone for 5.

I'd absolutely give Tua at least 1 and probably 2 more years with better weaponry before even thinking of taking another QB in round 1. This offseason, Miami needs to sign a top FA WR and draft one early.

Advertisement
Surprised it took this long for Wade to get abused, lol. He can always come back for a ~6th year I guess.

Advertisement
Back