OT: Rose Bowl / Sugar Bowl

Ryan Day to the NFL after the season? NY Jets HC? Draft Fields?

Day was on Chip Kelly’s staffs at Philadelphia and San Francisco.
The college to NFL rumors I've heard are Fitzgerald to Chicago (unlikely since Bears started winning) and Meyer to Jacksonville. Fleck has also gotten some buzz recently which is absurd imo.

Advertisement
Ryan Day to the NFL after the season? NY Jets HC? Draft Fields?

Day was on Chip Kelly’s staffs at Philadelphia and San Francisco.
Any coach like Day or Dabo would be crazy to ever go pro.I mean you’re making 8-10 million a year,you got recruiting on lock and you’re in the CFBCG every year.

pro coaches are hired to be fired for the most part.If your getting a pro job you’re getting a shtty team you have to try and build and if you don’t do it in 3-4 years you’re looking for a job again.

NFW would I ever leave a Job like Clemson,OSU,BAMA,etc.ego is one thing stupidity is another.Many CFB coaches have tried it and not many if any have succeeded ( JJ comes to mind any others win big?)If the greatest CFB coach can’t succeed what chance you got.

Orrrrrr does Miami go QB if Tua lays a stinker on Sunday?

5 first round picks in two years certainly allows a team to change course
You mean if Tua somehow doesn't play well in the snow with maybe a starting WR corp of Mack Hollins, Lynn Bowden, Isaiah Ford, and Malcolm Perry, along with the dynamic running back duo of Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed behind an OLine with 3 rookie starters?

No. You surround Tua with weapons.

Advertisement
Haha, i know some are hoping for that. Just baffles me because last year nobody would have wanted Fields over Tua.
I was never high on Tua but I still believed him to be better than Herbert and would’ve taken him knowing that we’d most likely get another high pick this year (either by a poor season or trading up) and would’ve been willing to cut the cord if I didn’t see enough.

I think he’s done enough to warrant building a talented team around him but if a can’t miss QB prospect emerges and we can get him it certainly makes things more difficult. We’d still have tons of draft picks to help out the new QB!

Is Fields or Zach Wilson a better prospect than Tua
Yes and yes imo. Tua made a living throwing from clean pockets to defined reads with 4 NFL WRs. Getting exposed now. He's a game manager distributor type. QB is the foundation of a team you can't settle there. Trade Tua for what you can get and upgrade.

Any coach like Day or Dabo would be crazy to ever go pro.I mean you’re making 8-10 million a year,you got recruiting on lock and you’re in the CFBCG every year.

pro coaches are hired to be fired for the most part.If your getting a pro job you’re getting a shtty team you have to try and build and if you don’t do it in 3-4 years you’re looking for a job again.

NFW would I ever leave a Job like Clemson,OSU,BAMA,etc.ego is one thing stupidity is another.Many CFB coaches have tried it and not many if any have succeeded ( JJ comes to mind any others win big?)If the greatest CFB coach can’t succeed what chance you got.
Not to mention their schtick often just doesn't fly in the NFL. I think it's understated what Saban experienced in the NFL.

Advertisement
So this looks a lot like UNC v UM.
Anyone have a reasonable excuse for why Venables defense is getting its teeth kicked in?

Day said Fields didn’t get an X-ray.

No he got a large pain killing shot and they didn’t take and X-ray cause they didn’t want to know what was wrong.🤣

Advertisement
#12 for Clemson is lost in outer space out there. That middle of the field is a wonderland right now.

Advertisement
Not to mention their schtick often just doesn't fly in the NFL. I think it's understated what Saban experienced in the NFL.
I agree with you. My only argument to the contrary is that pro sports; football, basketball, hockey, baseball, is still the highest level of the sport. And some people feel that they have to compete against the best.

QBs with a higher PFF grade than Tua:

Minshew
Taysom Hill aka TE at QB/Diazslayer
Foles
(corpse of) Alex Smith
Wentz, who got benched

QBs with lower grade:

Trubisky
Lock
Darnold
Mullens
Hurts (lol @ the hype for this cat)