OT: Rose Bowl / Sugar Bowl

Wilson seems pretty good. Made some unreal throws. But, he's got a wide variance of outcomes, IMO. Fit will be important. Mac seems like a backup / bottom 7 starter in the league. You can have'em.
Wilson vs pressure is a total unknown. People worry about Lance's level of competition and inexperience but Wilson is even harder to project because of the pockets he played with.

Mac has limited arm talent. He's a Dalton caliber prospect. Should go 2nd round. Trask is an inferior Mac and should be drafted as a backup.

Advertisement
I disagree. Burrow, Tua, and Herbert will all be good QBs in the NFL. I'm less sold on Hurts and, obviously, Love. I think Burrow needs an offensive line, Tua needs some WRs and more OL help, and Herbert needs to avoid a sophomore slump which could happen once teams have more tape on him.

I think the 2020 NFL QB class will go down as the better class compared to the 2021 class. I'm not sold on Trey Lance at all and I'm leery of guys like Zach Wilson who come out of the woodwork and have one great year after playing poorly his previous year, especially when at a non-P5 school.
QB's are so dependent on the system. Josh Allen was supposed to have accuracy issues, KD must be doing work, it's just so hard to predict...

Wilson vs pressure is a total unknown. People worry about Lance's level of competition and inexperience but Wilson is even harder to project because of the pockets he played with.

Mac has limited arm talent. He's a Dalton caliber prospect. Should go 2nd round. Trask is an inferior Mac and should be drafted as a backup.

Yeah, tbh, the wide variance of possible outcomes for those two are why I might lean Fields still for QB2. I am trying to not overthink him...Indiana and Northwestern game were not good at all...but he looked incredible tonight. idk if I'd grade him ahead of Sewell, JaMarr Chase...but, idk if you get fired for taking Fields and he turns out only ok...you take Wilson or Lance and they flop and you're collecting unemployment.

Yeah I'll give you credit with Hurts. He's already exceeded the expectations of most, including myself. He's still the same guy who can't read a defense but he's shown he can handle the moment and function, albeit in a stripped down passing game. He's not a total write-off, at least for the time being as defenses adjust to him.

PFF grade:

Joe Burrow - 75.1. 19/39 qualifiers tied with Fitzpatrick, and ahead of Brees at 21
Tua - 64.3. 33/39 qualifiers behind Wentz and above Trubisky

So I'm a ****** and a nerd. Got any other names to call me since you can't hang in an argument?
And here we go with more ******* numbers that mean ****. He has a 6:1 TD to INT ratio, he traded shots with Kyler when Gailey opened the offense, he carried the entire O on his back when Gailey opens up the playbook in the 4th vs. KC and almost beats them, and that’s not including his outings vs. Chargers and the Bengals but because Howard Costell works with PFF I should ignore my own eyeballs and listen to a bunch of pencil pushers. Great “football” argument my guy. There’s literal video evidence of Tua lighting up defenses once the playcalling changed but PFF says he’s terrible so I should ignore what I see.

Tua is absolutely used to more time in the pocket at Bama. He is big on no turnovers. So yeah. He dumps it off rather than letting it rip and having a ****load of Ints. But there is something between Alabama open and what he gets. His WRs are for the most part completely blanketed. He can make tight throws. I’m more worried about him staying injury free than his arm. We also don’t have a dangerous run game either to keep the D honest. Give the dude some weapons and more than 8 games of NFL experience before ditching him.
Exactly.

If Tua doesn't start to let it rip and they lose to Buffalo, Phins probably wont make the playoffs. So we'll see how he does.

Advertisement
Yeah lmao that's obviously not good process. I'm just saying that's my favorite scheme and #2 QB prospect (unless Fields has another game like week 1 or tonight), and Becton played in that scheme in college and is their only cornerstone player.

It's worth considering punting on QB for another year. I'm not a Darnold believer but he has some good traits. The problem with that plan is the 2022 class doesn't have any certain top prospects.
Howell

Advertisement
Yeah, tbh, the wide variance of possible outcomes for those two are why I might lean Fields still for QB2. I am trying to not overthink him...Indiana and Northwestern game were not good at all...but he looked incredible tonight. idk if I'd grade him ahead of Sewell, JaMarr Chase...but, idk if you get fired for taking Fields and he turns out only ok...you take Wilson or Lance and they flop and you're collecting unemployment.
If it's very close - which it appears it is between Fields and Wilson - you go with the guy with the better pedigree. Fields was the top high school recruit in the country and Wilson was a 3 star recruit. I'm also not sure why Wilson played so poorly last year (11 TDs, 9 INTs). Did a lightbulb suddenly turn on for him? Maybe. But NFL GMs shouldn't bet on that when you don't have that concern with Fields.

As a Dolphins fan, I'd rather the Jets take Wilson than Fields.

Hate that Suckeyes won but love that Dabo was humbled and embarrassed. If I am him with Sunshine leaving i take the Jax job and see what i can do in the pros
I think Dabo would fall hard in the pros. He’s a CEO guy that can hire elite assistants and out talent teams in CFB. In the pros, he’s just a guy. Most of the good NFL coaches are way more involved schematically than Dabo.

If it's very close - which it appears it is between Fields and Wilson - you go with the guy with the better pedigree. Fields was the top high school recruit in the country and Wilson was a 3 star recruit. I'm also not sure why Wilson played so poorly last year (11 TDs, 9 INTs). Did a lightbulb suddenly turn on for him? Maybe. But NFL GMs shouldn't bet on that when you don't have that concern with Fields.

IMO, its all about fit and finish.

Fields with a garbage OL sounds like a recipe for disaster. Whatever the Jets do, they need to fix that OL before figure out QB. They shouldn't punt on QB by any means, but they need to invest in some good OL in free agency and use the draft to fortify the position while they get their QB. So, if they go Fields #2 (or whoever they go with at QB), they should use that second R1 pick on the best available OL.

Sewell is an incredible OL prospect...will likely grade out as one of the best in a long time. That's going to be tough to pass on for the Jets, too.

They got some down n dirty work to do.

Aaron Rogers didn’t have a D1 offer out of high school. Transferred to Cal from a JUCO. How did his pedigree work out?

Advertisement
Hate that Suckeyes won but love that Dabo was humbled and embarrassed. If I am him with Sunshine leaving i take the Jax job and see what i can do in the pros
Imagine the collapse that would follow. We already know that there will be a drop in talent there next year, now if coaching staff changes, things will go south quickly.

Aaron Rogers didn’t have a D1 offer out of high school. Transferred to Cal from a JUCO. How did his pedigree work out?
Aaron Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. If it was that cut and dry, we wouldn't have the debate over whether Fields or Wilson should be the 2nd QB off the board. I think it's close enough between the two that my tie breaker would be the pedigree coupled with Wilson's very suspect 2019 season.

I hope the Jets disagree.

No way man apparently I'm an idiot for saying UNC's offense is better than Bama's backups. Javonte Williams, Michael Carter, Dyami Brown, Dazz Newsome, Sam Howell are all pure garbage compared to Bama's secret weapon bench guys who are gonna drop 70 on the Canes next season.

Advertisement
Aaron Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. If it was that cut and dry, we wouldn't have the debate over whether Fields or Wilson should be the 2nd QB off the board. I think it's close enough between the two that my tie breaker would be the pedigree coupled with Wilson's very suspect 2019 season.

I hope the Jets disagree.
The issue is not how many recruiting stars Fields and Wilson had. Fields has now excelled two seasons, and Wilson one.

Advertisement
Back