OT: Rose Bowl / Sugar Bowl

Dawg you just compared Powell to Corey ******* Davis. Retards don’t occupy my mind. I make too much money for that ****. You couldn’t counter a thing said.
You are mentally unstable. And I'm sure you were bashing Corey Davis for years before he finally broke out this year. Cause you're like 99% of CIS posters - everything is black or white with 0 nuance.

God forbid you understood scheme and traits enough to make an observation like I did with Powell. Just stick to your calling everyone else retarded shtick. I'm sure it'll end well for you.

Advertisement
Everyone pays for recruits.

Even Miami.

But bag schools should be reserved for the Bamas, auburns, jawjas of the world.
Yeah that’s where I disagree. Clemson opened up an expensive football facility a couple of years ago with slides lol. They can compete financially for special recruits.

I agree Miami can’t compete for recruits with those guys.

You forgot a period or comma after goalposts...
eye roll.gif

Tua has a better QB rating and QBR than....*wait for it*....Joe Burrow. And Joe Burrow is the one who has now had a second season-ending injury.

Yet no one in the media labels Burrow "injury prone". And no one suggests Cincinnati should draft a QB to replace Burrow. Gee, I wonder why.

Mcp...you literally just described what a progression is. Tua has some things he needs to work on no doubt. But he does seem to get through his progressions. I’ve seen him miss an open Gesicki from time to time. But for the most part, his targets are completely covered. He’s working with a Practice squad group of WRs and a rookie OL. Of course he is gonna end up checking down often.
And every single coach in America would rather tell a QB to “throw that ****” then “don’t throw that ****”.

Advertisement
That entire O is Scripted. You take away the middle of the field and play shallow zone variations with a pass rush you can disrupt them. I’ve said this very thing the last 2 times we’ve played them. You ruin their script/tempo and the gears begin to grind.
OSU had their number last year too.. Main thing they kicked fgs instead of redzone TDs, they did not account for Trevor running in big games for some reason (they were more prepared this time) and ETN was a bigger problem last year.. and they STILL SHOULD OF WON LAST SEASON.. Got screwed on that WR catch/fumble

Mcp...you literally just described what a progression is. Tua has some things he needs to work on no doubt. But he does seem to get through his progressions. I’ve seen him miss an open Gesicki from time to time. But for the most part, his targets are completely covered. He’s working with a Practice squad group of WRs and a rookie OL. Of course he is gonna end up checking down often.
Tua's issue is he locks onto his 1st read and is slow to come off it and get through his progressions. So he ends up sitting in the pocket taking sacks or dumping it to the back at the last second. That's not good progression work. Good progression work is eliminating the 1st read when it's not available and getting through your progressions to find the open man. If you watch the all-22 there's a ton of throws being left on the field. That's why he's been getting benched.

Or I'm just retarded and had some scrub I never even scouted as my #1 OT and Tua is a god being held back by that darn meddling OC. That must be it!

Yeah lmao that's obviously not good process. I'm just saying that's my favorite scheme and #2 QB prospect (unless Fields has another game like week 1 or tonight), and Becton played in that scheme in college and is their only cornerstone player.

It's worth considering punting on QB for another year. I'm not a Darnold believer but he has some good traits. The problem with that plan is the 2022 class doesn't have any certain top prospects.
I'm out on Darnold. He's sub-Minshew and that means he should not even be considered in any discussion about what you're doing at QB.

Fields has some warts, but when he plays like he did tonight, it makes you want to forget about some of the dumb **** he does and the slow processing that leads to sloppy play

I feel the narrative is shifting to overthinking Justin Fields a little bit. I might be on the side of Lawrence/Fields/Wilson/Lance/Sewell should be your Top 5 in some order and all of the QBs at minimum should be gone before 10. Jacksonville, Jets, Atlanta, Detroit, Giants, Carolina, Denver all need QBs immediately. As you know, I like Hurts a lot more than most, but if your mileage varies on him, I'll accept Philly needs one, too. New England needs one, Dallas might, Indianapolis...yo man, these QBs should be flying off the board.

It looks like Tua looks at one guy, then comes off him and either dumps the ball off or holds the ball too long. That what I was saying, there is Alabama open and NFL open. Dude is only comfortable dumping the ball down. Most throws in the NFL are to covered receivers, guys just make plays.

Advertisement
You are mentally unstable. And I'm sure you were bashing Corey Davis for years before he finally broke out this year. Cause you're like 99% of CIS posters - everything is black or white with 0 nuance.

God forbid you understood scheme and traits enough to make an observation like I did with Powell. Just stick to your calling everyone else retarded shtick. I'm sure it'll end well for you.
Bro you literally responded to me at the beginning of this with a 3 paragraph version of “Well Howard Costello works with PFF and uses their numbers” and then forget to mention that Tua has a higher grade then JOE BURROW. Why don’t you put your calculator and nerdy personality aside and go watch some tape on the Dolphins.

OSU had their number last year too.. Main thing they kicked fgs instead of redzone TDs, they did not account for Trevor running in big games for some reason (they were more 9prepared this time) and ETN was a bigger problem last year.. and they STILL SHOULD OF WON LAST SEASON.. Got screwed on that WR catch/fumble
And the JK Dobbins dropped like 1 or 2 TDs.

I'm out on Darnold. He's sub-Minshew and that means he should not even be considered in any discussion about what you're doing at QB.

Fields has some warts, but when he plays like he did tonight, it makes you want to forget about some of the dumb **** he does and the slow processing that leads to sloppy play

I feel the narrative is shifting to overthinking Justin Fields a little bit. I might be on the side of Lawrence/Fields/Wilson/Lance/Sewell should be your Top 5 in some order and all of the QBs at minimum should be gone before 10. Jacksonville, Jets, Atlanta, Detroit, Giants, Carolina, Denver all need QBs immediately. As you know, I like Hurts a lot more than most, but if your mileage varies on him, I'll accept Philly needs one, too. New England needs one, Dallas might, Indianapolis...yo man, these QBs should be flying off the board.
The QB you want in this draft is Wilson or Mac Jones. Zach elevates the BYU talent level and Mac always makes the right read and made a huge jump between this year and last year. Obviously with Trevor with NO. 1

Advertisement
The QB you want in this draft is Wilson or Mac Jones. Zach elevates the BYU talent level and Mac always makes the right read and made a huge jump between this year and last year. Obviously with Trevor with NO. 1

Wilson seems pretty good. Made some unreal throws. But, he's got a wide variance of outcomes, IMO. Fit will be important. Mac seems like a backup / bottom 7 starter in the league. You can have'em.

Joe Burrow + Cincy = bust
I disagree. Burrow, Tua, and Herbert will all be good QBs in the NFL. I'm less sold on Hurts and, obviously, Love. I think Burrow needs an offensive line, Tua needs some WRs and more OL help, and Herbert needs to avoid a sophomore slump which could happen once teams have more tape on him.

I think the 2020 NFL QB class will go down as the better class compared to the 2021 class. I'm not sold on Trey Lance at all and I'm leery of guys like Zach Wilson who come out of the woodwork and have one great year after playing poorly his previous year, especially when at a non-P5 school.

Advertisement
Wilson seems pretty good. Made some unreal throws. But, he's got a wide variance of outcomes, IMO. Fit will be important. Mac seems like a backup / bottom 7 starter in the league. You can have'em.
Na, Mac Jones is Ryan Tannehill. Give him a consistent run game and a decent WR group and he’ll get you to the playoffs.

Yeah I'll give you credit with Hurts. He's already exceeded the expectations of most, including myself. He's still the same guy who can't read a defense but he's shown he can handle the moment and function, albeit in a stripped down passing game. He's not a total write-off, at least for the time being as defenses adjust to him.
Bro you literally responded to me at the beginning of this with a 3 paragraph version of “Well Howard Costello works with PFF and uses their numbers” and then forget to mention that Tua has a higher grade then JOE BURROW. Why don’t you put your calculator and nerdy personality aside and go watch some tape on the Dolphins.
PFF grade:

Joe Burrow - 75.1. 19/39 qualifiers tied with Fitzpatrick, and ahead of Brees at 21
Tua - 64.3. 33/39 qualifiers behind Wentz and above Trubisky

So I'm a ****** and a nerd. Got any other names to call me since you can't hang in an argument?

It looks like Tua looks at one guy, then comes off him and either dumps the ball off or holds the ball too long. That what I was saying, there is Alabama open and NFL open. Dude is only comfortable dumping the ball down. Most throws in the NFL are to covered receivers, guys just make plays.
Tua is absolutely used to more time in the pocket at Bama. He is big on no turnovers. So yeah. He dumps it off rather than letting it rip and having a ****load of Ints. But there is something between Alabama open and what he gets. His WRs are for the most part completely blanketed. He can make tight throws. I’m more worried about him staying injury free than his arm. We also don’t have a dangerous run game either to keep the D honest. Give the dude some weapons and more than 8 games of NFL experience before ditching him.

Advertisement
Back