OT: Penn St safety on Manny Diaz

Manny always wanted to be liked/loved by his players. Never a tough love/only the strong survive type of guy. Hearing this is not surprising. Since he's not a head coach, he's not the last stop for discipline issues. I think he may rebound his stock at PSU during the first couple of years. After that is anyone's guess. The wheels really fell off here the longer it went on.

Advertisement
Billy Belichek says hello.
Lol are you seriously comparing Manny to Bill 😂😂

He was not the right guy for our team and Mario is. Idc to shi on him now that he’s gone. I’m the kind of guy who supports our current and former players and coaches though. At the end of the day they’re people doing their job

A lot of fans here on the message boards act like they could do better.

Mario says, “how you do anything is how you do everything.” Y’all love to knock the guys who are actually doing it from the comfort of your couch or your momma’s basement. Halfa$$ing it while you’re working so you can mock corches and JAGs is kinda hilarious

You can be a fan and be ecstatic about the team and the direction we’re heading under an awesome coach like CMC without having to drag the guys who came before — just requires some class

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think Franklin is underwhelming as a HC and this hire might be another nail in his inevitable coffin.

Also Manny deserves nothing but a steaming pile of 2 am Taco-ball ***** faucet for what he did to this program.

Lol are you seriously comparing Manny to Bill 😂😂

He was not the right guy for our team and Mario is. Idc to shi on him now that he’s gone. I’m the kind of guy who supports our current and former players and coaches though. At the end of the day they’re people doing their job

A lot of fans here on the message boards act like they could do better.

Mario says, “how you do anything is how you do everything.” Y’all love to knock the guys who are actually doing it from the comfort of your couch or your momma’s basement. Halfa$$ing it while you’re working so you can mock corches and JAGs is kinda hilarious

You can be a fan and be ecstatic about the team and the direction we’re heading under an awesome coach like CMC without having to drag the guys who came before — just requires some class
I could walk circles around Manuela, drunkenly so, and I'm being kind.

The moment proved far to large for him, and he then doubled down on poor decisions by making his job harder (and even more accountable) by taking the dual HC-DC route.

The more thought that comes to this, I believe he thought under all outcomes his job was safe under James. He (probably both of them) miscalculated the BoTs pressure point(s) for change and suffered their jobs because of it. I also believe Manuela thought his job was safe for at least another year after James was given the heave because he had a convenient foil to "blame" for the season, and this also turned out to be another calculation where he was wrong.

Advertisement
I could walk circles around Manuela, drunkenly so, and I'm being kind.

The moment proved far to large for him, and he then doubled down on poor decisions by making his job harder (and even more accountable) by taking the dual HC-DC route.

The more thought that comes to this, I believe he thought under all outcomes his job was safe under James. He (probably both of them) miscalculated the BoTs pressure point(s) for change and suffered their jobs because of it. I also believe Manuela thought his job was safe for at least another year after James was given the heave because he had a convenient foil to "blame" for the season, and this also turned out to be another calculation where he was wrong.
I agree with you that he was in over his head and wasn’t the right guy for the job. I also think Blake James and our admin wasn’t aligned like they are now with Mario to give the tools necessary to win.

With that said, he’s a person and he tried his best. He’s gone now lol. I’m happy we’ve got the best guy and staff we could’ve asked for and things are looking up.

There is a lot of stuff that goes into being a HC and it isn’t as easy as some people think though lol

I never had a problem with Manny. I really wanted it to work out with him. The problem is that I realized very quickly that he had no business being a HC anywhere, let alone at the University of Miami. DC wise, the jury is out on him. Expect PSU to have some positive things to talk about in year one but rapidly decline. History repeats itself very often. I don't think Manny is a major D1 coordinator. I see him as an analyst at best. We shall see. I wish him well.

Manny tried to fix the glaring issues with the team. So props to him for that. The problem is he is not a good coach. And the teams performance reflected that.

Its obvious you can see Mario is 10x the coach Manny was.
He didn’t resign, so no, he didn’t try to fix the glaring issue with the team.

Advertisement
I agree with you that he was in over his head and wasn’t the right guy for the job. I also think Blake James and our admin wasn’t aligned like they are now with Mario to give the tools necessary to win.

With that said, he’s a person and he tried his best. He’s gone now lol. I’m happy we’ve got the best guy and staff we could’ve asked for and things are looking up.

There is a lot of stuff that goes into being a HC and it isn’t as easy as some people think though lol
In defense of Manuela...

He is justified in some (ok probably many ways) comparing his level of support vs Mario's.

Would he have notched more Ws with Rad and Columbus Crew in charge?

Probably.

All things equal, is he on par with Mario?

I do not believe so.

I never had a problem with Manny. I really wanted it to work out with him. The problem is that I realized very quickly that he had no business being a HC anywhere, let alone at the University of Miami. DC wise, the jury is out on him. Expect PSU to have some positive things to talk about in year one but rapidly decline. History repeats itself very often. I don't think Manny is a major D1 coordinator. I see him as an analyst at best. We shall see. I wish him well.
What will change from his established history at Texas, Miss St, and Miami?

His undefeated run at Temple was an outlier, not the norm.

Advertisement
Said it before..the Paul Johnson of DC's. May have initial success, but by year 3 the conference will figure him out. And that's just about the time his recruits will be counted on. Beware JF.

In defense of Manuela...

He is justified in some (ok probably many ways) comparing his level of support vs Mario's.

Would he have notched more Ws with Rad and Columbus Crew in charge?

Probably.

All things equal, is he on par with Mario?

I do not believe so.
Manny would’ve benefited by the same support Mario is getting, but Rad, the Admin, and the Columbus boys are only ponying up the big bucks because Mario is a guy who has proved at the P5 level that he can get it done. Manny hasn’t. Hard to get that kind big backing without a big resume.

With that said he did his best and he’s gone now so I’m just saying we have a lot of reasons to be happy and may as well wish the best to the guys who tried

The kids really like Manny the person. I’ve never heard anyone say anything bad about him. EVER
The coach was in over his head. Two different things

Does anyone ever rip on the substitute teacher that lets the class do whatever the want and never sends anyone to the principal’s office?

Glad Manny is gone

Advertisement
1659106555552.jpeg

I tried to laugh about it
Cover it all up with lies
I tried to laugh about it
Hiding the tears in my eyes
'Cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry

Pedo State needs to make sure Manny's defense is at least two states away from Mack Brown at all times.

I think being head coach and defensive coordinator is to big a task. He made a mistake taking on both.
Any time you hear people say X job is too big for one person when one person has successfully handled it multiple times in the past means it's too big for the person being discussed and they need to be replaced.

Advertisement
Back