OT: Penn St safety on Manny Diaz

CaneBoiFL

Junior All-American

Came across Google News feed this morning. Semi interesting. he will probably do ok as DC there - honestly wish him the best and he is should be smart enough to grow from his experience but doesn't this sound familiar? lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Counters and counters and counters.

Ncaa Sports Dancing GIF by Ohio State Athletics

Advertisement
Manny's first years as a DC here were successful. He took us from bottom tier to above average. His years as a DC while also being the HC were horrible. Maybe he was in over his head or the game passed him, who knows.

I'm sure he will be fine at PSU cause they recruit well and he will only focus on defense.

Idgaf what Manny is doing.

Idgaf what Penn State is doing.

Most missed tackles in the country last year with Manny. Wake the **** up up dude.
The poor tackling is very telling to me. If you're James Franklin, that had to be my 1st question interviewing Manny. Why was your team so poor at tackling?

I'm sure getting a foot in Florida recruiting was a big reason for his hire. Franklin has his footprint on Penn State so he could bring Manny in for his coaching and not worry about culture.

Wish him well, but the tackling would be a deal breaker for me at a high level P5 school. ****, at any level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Came across Google News feed this morning. Semi interesting. he will probably do ok as DC there - honestly wish him the best and he is should be smart enough to grow from his experience but doesn't this sound familiar? lol

Maybe? Who cares. I have a small vested interest in how Randy Shannon is doing since he was great on the field once. Diaz's only Miami connection was he is a corrupt mayor's kid. (I realize the corrupt part is redundant when talking about a mayor in Miami). He went to a fancy prep school who isn't exactly a UM feeder school and then went to college at FSU. None of this would have mattered had he succeeded here, but my point is there's nothing for me to root for now that he's gone.

Advertisement
The obsession with Manny is not going away anytime soon.
For me personally it's not obsession, just frustration this guy was just another in a long list of coaching failures at Miami.

As for the school he is at now, my disdain wont be going away anytime soon for them, probably ever.

How could they not be rolling on the floor laughing. I genuinely feel for the kid. Only Hershel Walker could be more wrong.

Advertisement
Back