OT: Penn St safety on Manny Diaz

Advertisement
On the bright side Manny can set a record in his third conference for rushing yards allowed in a game... Go Manny...🤣🤣
you can do it cheering GIF

He might do ok year 1 as he's inheriting pretty good athletes, but by mid-way year 2 at the longest, his trash scheme will rear its ugly head and he'll be fired or wisely leave on his own for maybe another HC opportunity at a G5 if he's lucky.

Came across Google News feed this morning. Semi interesting. he will probably do ok as DC there - honestly wish him the best and he is should be smart enough to grow from his experience but doesn't this sound familiar? lol

he wont grow. he has failed multiple times and won't change.

Advertisement

Came across Google News feed this morning. Semi interesting. he will probably do ok as DC there - honestly wish him the best and he is should be smart enough to grow from his experience but doesn't this sound familiar? lol

he keeps saying Manny not coach?

Advertisement
Advertisement
In defense of Manuela...

He is justified in some (ok probably many ways) comparing his level of support vs Mario's.

Would he have notched more Ws with Rad and Columbus Crew in charge?

Probably.

All things equal, is he on par with Mario?

I do not believe so.

Skkkkkkkiiiiiirrrrrrr!

Hold on buddy ole pal; let’s rewind the support reel:

1. Manny wanted to come here; not only did we pay off MSU to get him to come here as a DC, we then paid off Temple to hire him as a coach

2. Manny wanted Enos, & we made Enos the first 7 figure coordinator here.

3. Manny decided to fire all the offensive guys from 2018 (since they were the problem), & kept all the defensive guys here

4. He wanted a G5 protege to run his defense, & I’m going to assume we put more $$ in Blake Baker’s pockets in those two yrs than he made his entire GA, & position coaching jobs at G5 schools combined

5. He was offered help from a Canes HOFer & NFL HOFer & said “nahhh, I’m good.”

6. After only one yr of Enos, we ate that salary to hire another OC

7. Instead of doing the honorable thing in hiring a DC, Manny decided to become both DC & HC

Manny was given support, he just trusted in himself more.

Advertisement
Skkkkkkkiiiiiirrrrrrr!

Hold on buddy ole pal; let’s rewind the support reel:

1. Manny wanted to come here; not only did we pay off MSU to get him to come here as a DC, we then paid off Temple to hire him as a coach

2. Manny wanted Enos, & we made Enos the first 7 figure coordinator here.

3. Manny decided to fire all the offensive guys from 2018 (since they were the problem), & kept all the defensive guys here

4. He wanted a G5 protege to run his defense, & I’m going to assume we put more $$ in Blake Baker’s pockets in those two yrs than he made his entire GA, & position coaching jobs at G5 schools combined

5. He was offered help from a Canes HOFer & NFL HOFer & said “nahhh, I’m good.”

6. After only one yr of Enos, we ate that salary to hire another OC

7. Instead of doing the honorable thing in hiring a DC, Manny decided to become both DC & HC

Manny was given support, he just trusted in himself more.
Very fair points.

Was he perhaps not sophisticated enough to know his upgrades coming here still weren't enough to meet Miami's expectations??

Very fair points.

Was he perhaps not sophisticated enough to know his upgrades coming here still weren't enough to meet Miami's expectations??

Sometimes when u’re the smartest in the room, u wind up being the dumbest. Manny’s issue was this self exultation he perpetrated. I mean, he never played CFB at any level. I believe he played “some” high school football from what I heard, but in reality he was a stat, nerd boy. He worked as a GA, & worked his way up; but, instead of humbly cutting his teeth as a 1st time HC at a G5 program, & instead of honoring a contract a school put in to works, NOPE…Manny felt he was ready for the big leagues.

In fact, Manny was so confident he was, not only the man for the job, but he also wasn’t the problem for Miami’s 7-5 2018 season, that he fired Richt’s entire staff while toting the phrase TNM. When u have that type of arrogance, it will always lead to disaster. Just look at his exit letter, he still felt he wasn’t given a fair shot. Lol

Last edited:

Sounds like this guy doesn’t ever want to get benched.

A lot of Manny haters in here who defended him for 3+ seasons here. Interesting. At least I know who to scroll past when they post now.

Advertisement
Back