OT: North Florida gonna North Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of stupid question is that? There was no internet in those days. They hear the North is coming to kill them and they join up. Only 33% of southerns owned slaves and it is safe to assume less of the wealthy were fighting than the poor. That would mean 75% of soldiers not owning slaves is a very safe bet. Do some research before you call someone a dumass.
A lot of the wealthy Southerners hired poor whites to fight for them in that war. I know this was true in Virginia, but I’m not sure about Florida.

Advertisement
Well, you can believe it.

It wasn't called the War of Northern Aggression for nothing. Meaning, yes, the soldiers knew what the war was about - the North, with Lincoln, wanted to have Southern land owners that grew crops that provided rich tariff money - lose that land to Yankee corporate interests - and pretty much to cut out the middle man.

I know what we've been told and told, and told again. But the War, and this may be a great disappointment - was NOT about slavery. We all have learned by rote the Emancipation Proclamation - all bull**** propaganda - Lincoln was the one that didn't like non-whites.

If you believe this BS narrative - you don't know a damned thing about Lincoln, Washington, DC, the designs on Southern landowners, the tariffs from the 1840's on, nor anything about States voluntarily joining the Union, voluntarily withdrawing, and Lincoln refusing to talk to Southern leaders - ****-bent on war.

The South was outnumbered in everything - about 7:1, but they made a pretty good job of circumventing what was supposed to be a very short war. The North was largely Germanic - the South was largely Celtic.

And as a side note - one out of every three Congressional Medals of Honor awarded - to this day - went/go to Irish and Scottish blooded men.

LOL...loser talk.

So it is safe to assume you are a big fan of Abe Lincoln and think he was a great person?

Not really...like you, I think Lincoln was more of a front-runner on slavery.

To allude to what I said earlier, if the South didn't fire on Ft. Sumter, I don't think Lincoln would've done much of anything to free the slaves.

So at the very least, the South STARTED the war to preserve & expand slavery.

Advertisement
We should keep a list pinned to the top of the site of all known and/or suspected Confederate sympathizers who post here.

It's the only way.
Maybe there could be some type of badge we could pin to their profile so everybody would know who they were. Can't be too careful.

Well, you can believe it.

It wasn't called the War of Northern Aggression for nothing. Meaning, yes, the soldiers knew what the war was about - the North, with Lincoln, wanted to have Southern land owners that grew crops that provided rich tariff money - lose that land to Yankee corporate interests - and pretty much to cut out the middle man.

I know what we've been told and told, and told again. But the War, and this may be a great disappointment - was NOT about slavery. We all have learned by rote the Emancipation Proclamation - all bull**** propaganda - Lincoln was the one that didn't like non-whites.

If you believe this BS narrative - you don't know a damned thing about Lincoln, Washington, DC, the designs on Southern landowners, the tariffs from the 1840's on, nor anything about States voluntarily joining the Union, voluntarily withdrawing, and Lincoln refusing to talk to Southern leaders - ****-bent on war.

The South was outnumbered in everything - about 7:1, but they made a pretty good job of circumventing what was supposed to be a very short war. The North was largely Germanic - the South was largely Celtic.

And as a side note - one out of every three Congressional Medals of Honor awarded - to this day - went/go to Irish and Scottish blooded men.

Just like last time you made this BS argument, you're wrong. How do I know you're wrong? Because the fcking south wrote down what it was they were fighting for and they included slavery in that list. They fcking said it, not Lincoln, not my 5th grade teacher, and not me. Them. The fcking racist *** slave owning south. So I don't know where you get off trying to speak for them, but the confederacy made it quite clear what they were about.

What history did the left try to re-write *****?
History, *****. If you are truly ignorant of leftist revisionist history as a central part of the culture wars, then you should prolly stfu amd learn to read before you continue cursing.

Spent my teen years living in Lake City (Columbia County). Not sure how they got that name...not much of a lake there and **** sure aint much of a city. Every Feb they have their "Battle of Olustee" Festival. The whole county descends on the town square for 3 days, schools let out early, etc... Culminates in a re-enactment of the battle on Sunday just east of the city in the middle of the woods between LC and I-10. Always asked myself "Gee I wonder who's gonna win this year?" ... Confederate flags all up and down that area during that time even a parade chock full of em..

Advertisement
So it is safe to assume you are a big fan of Abe Lincoln and think he was a great person?
The Lincoln topic is a different discussion..do I think Lincoln was a good man? Idk was t there. Do I think he was for slavery? Idk, but evidence points to him Being against the expansion of it. Was the proclamation also s war tactic and strategy and not just on moral basis, yes...We do know towards the end of the war the southern states offered to surrender and end the war earlier (historic account your choice to believe it), but they wanted to keep their already established slave states intact. Lincoln and the north said no..

Speaking of dumass, I’m sure most of you know the great French author of such classics as The Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Musketeers, and other novels was French-African author Alexander Dumas.

Ohh...and had the south won, most would have still been racists, at least the slaveowners and those that supported them...nothing changes that.

And to use the term Final Solution in conjunction with William Tecumseh Sherman is straight retarded and historically offensive.

Sorry, but Sherman did use it. It was post war and aimed at the American Indians not Jews but the genocide was still the intended solution. To help your education, he said it in connection with his fight against the Sioux while keeping the railroads free from thier raids. Something a kid to “even to thier extermination... the extermination in the Plains Indians is the final solution to the Indian problem.” I admit that as a Southerner and part American Indian, I have you at a disadvantage since Sherman is a known monster to both. Some research before you insult would be nice.

Sherman was a huge racist dealing with blacks also. You cannot even quote his written comments and opines about them. He is actually quite famous for his views on black. I am surprised an educated man such as yourself is not aware of it.

As to being father of scorched earth, I admit that might be Cesar, but Sherman proclaimed that the South should be made to cry for 100 years as he burnt and destroyed everything in his in his path. German generals were hung for same thing. You should be more careful picking who you defend. Even the whitewash of the victors has not protected this butcher. His acts were so popular in the north and west for decades that they were a badge of honor they could not paint over. Keep studying, my brother.

Man, where didn't I live Cane brotha?

My family was never in one place long enough to call any place home.

Spent my younger days all over North Florida ... probably Pensacola, Jax, Gainesville and Tally the most.

A miracle I finished high school and a miracle I ended up a Canes fan! :D

Ending up a Cane is always the Grace of God.

Advertisement
As someone from the north I can't even believe this is a real thing. I just looked it up and this is not an isolated incident. This is a legit holiday in a few southern states like Bama, Georgia, SC, Miss, tx.

That said I don't see anything wrong with celebrating their fallen men. I would bet, like today, most of the confederate soldiers didn't even know what it was about and I would bet that 75% of the confederate soldiers never even owned slaves.

Southerners are patriotic rebels, if that makes any sense at all. They have always and to this day still do, make up disproportionate part of the military. That flag that some refuse to stand for should be hated by Southerners since it is the flag of our conquerors, but we are the most likely to defend it while Yankees seem to dispise it now. Heck maybe we are just stupid. But the same people who might celebrate Confederate Memorial Day with a Stars and Bars, will be out on the Fourth blowing up stuff in front of the Stars and Stripes.

Anyway,as usual, you are right, it is doubtful many of the boys in grey owned slaves. Officers might have for sure but not the grunts. Slaves were extremely expensive to buy and keep. Irish day labor was cheaper. Yankee soldiers probably fought to free slaves but for the average southern soldier that was not the case. One Union officer, late in the war ask a wounded Confederate why he was still fighting, the answer was “cause you are here”.

Blacks should be careful with this modern move to destroy all evidence of the Confederacy. That war freed them. It there was no Confederacy, the next historical fact to be eliminated when it becomes politically useful is slavery itself- no Confederacy, no Civil War, no Civil war, no Slavery. I’ve hear some blacks voice concern over this. They are smart to do so. Over 600,000 died fighting that war, more than all our other wars combined. It should not be forgotten by anyone.

Southerners are patriotic rebels, if that makes any sense at all. They have always and to this day still do, make up disproportionate part of the military. That flag that some refuse to stand for should be hated by Southerners since it is the flag of our conquerors, but we are the most likely to defend it while Yankees seem to dispise it now. Heck maybe we are just stupid. But the same people who might celebrate Confederate Memorial Day with a Stars and Bars, will be out on the Fourth blowing up stuff in front of the Stars and Stripes.

Anyway,as usual, you are right, it is doubtful many of the boys in grey owned slaves. Officers might have for sure but not the grunts. Slaves were extremely expensive to buy and keep. Irish day labor was cheaper. Yankee soldiers probably fought to free slaves but for the average southern soldier that was not the case. One Union officer, late in the war ask a wounded Confederate why he was still fighting, the answer was “cause you are here”.

Blacks should be careful with this modern move to destroy all evidence of the Confederacy. That war freed them. It there was no Confederacy, the next historical fact to be eliminated when it becomes politically useful is slavery itself- no Confederacy, no Civil War, no Civil war, no Slavery. I’ve hear some blacks voice concern over this. They are smart to do so. Over 600,000 died fighting that war, more than all our other wars combined. It should not be forgotten by anyone.

Thanks for the insight bro. That makes sense what you are saying and I figured most of these guys were fighting mainly because they were getting invaded. When you got guys like Sherman burning down entire towns and all your friends and family were killed by the northerners. You are going to want to go kill northerners. It is simple as that.

Thanks for the insight bro. That makes sense what you are saying and I figured most of these guys were fighting mainly because they were getting invaded. When you got guys like Sherman burning down entire towns and all your friends and family were killed by the northerners. You are going to want to go kill northerners. It is simple as that.

There was lot of strife between north and south from the beginning. I saw someone mention a fact that most don’t realize. South was settled mostly by Ceiltics while the North was mostly Saxons. They enemies in the British isles for centuries, why would it be different here. Today, the populations are more melded thanks to A/C letting the yanks stay down here.🤣

Advertisement
There was lot of strife between north and south from the beginning. I saw someone mention a fact that most don’t realize. South was settled mostly by Ceiltics while the North was mostly Saxons. They enemies in the British isles for centuries, why would it be different here. Today, the populations are more melded thanks to A/C letting the yanks stay down here.🤣

Ya that was a good point. I had no idea about that.

Ocala is buck wild , for being such a small place it’s insane. Some real bad areas , which is surprising to folks from not around here

buck wild as in... endless cow fields? Because that's all I've ever seen out there

Sure, why not...and while we're at it, maybe we should erect statues of Hitler & Eichmann so the Jews won't forget about the Holocaust. See how much in denial you are?...see how stupid you sound when your argument is premised on racism?...now slap ya'self!!!

Not really...like you, I think Lincoln was more of a front-runner on slavery.

To allude to what I said earlier, if the South didn't fire on Ft. Sumter, I don't think Lincoln would've done much of anything to free the slaves.

So at the very least, the South STARTED the war to preserve & expand slavery.

LOL

yah I'm sure good ole abe just wanted to free some black people

....****** **** are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back