OT: North Florida gonna North Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m from Tallahassee (forgive me for my sins) but live in Niceville and surprisingly I’ve seen a few fellow canes around lately however it is definitely fsu territory with auburn Bama Florida and even LSU mixed in. As well as the Mississippi schools
Get a room already so someone can squeal like a pig.

Advertisement
More than half the blame for this lies at the feet of leftists, who intentionally stoke resentments over divisive issues for political purposes, by running around trying to rewrite and / or ban history. When the pendulum swings, force pull it back. This mayor may be what his critics claim, but American history and virtue are not what leftists claim.

What history did the left try to re-write *****?

Go back a little farther to the 3/5 compromise. This was all about money and power.

We used to have slaves as a cheap source of labor and called it state's right when people tried to interfere. Now we have illegal aliens as a cheap source of labor and call it compassion when people try to interfere.

Advertisement
As someone from the north I can't even believe this is a real thing. I just looked it up and this is not an isolated incident. This is a legit holiday in a few southern states like Bama, Georgia, SC, Miss, tx.

That said I don't see anything wrong with celebrating their fallen men. I would bet, like today, most of the confederate soldiers didn't even know what it was about and I would bet that 75% of the confederate soldiers never even owned slaves.
Hey 🤙🏾 that bottom part is bull****. EXCEPT for the fact that most confederate soldiers did not indeed own slavves. That’s true bro. Your correct, most rich southerners owned them. Just like the prison reform argument today and why we likely won’t see any.. BUT you saying and pointing that out Is like saying a German soldier in ww2 did not know what they were fighting for..the common southerners fear was that once the slaves were freed, they would be forgotten or equal to the newly freed slaves. Remember the mentality of western civilization of race..whites at that time truly believed no matter how poor or bad their situation was, at least they were t black. That’s why after the war you had the black codes that ensured blacks could not own land(sharecroppers). Then of course you had the Jim Crow era...so no, no part of that time period should he celebrated in this country. It should be taught to ensure it never happens again. You don’t see Germany going around celebrating, throwing parades for the era of the **** party

Growing up in the most northern part of the state, we considered Marion, Alachua, and However, I am sure a lot of people would say the same thing about my former neck of the woods,......Jackson, Holmes, Calhoun, and Gadsen counties.

Jackson County's crooked as f u ck, $h!t like this makes my blood boil regardless of what race it happens to:

I’m from Tallahassee (forgive me for my sins) but live in Niceville and surprisingly I’ve seen a few fellow canes around lately however it is definitely fsu territory with auburn Bama Florida and even LSU mixed in. As well as the Mississippi schools
I feel your pain! I lived there for about 10 (from age 20-30)years and literally grew up about 35-40 minutes west of Tally. Lived in Killearn and Southwood areas during that span.

Advertisement
So how does confederate recognition translate to racism automatically?

The winners got to write the history and apparently continuously rewrite it. Had the South won, Old Abe would be a war monger, Grant a butcher, and Sherman the father of Scorched Earth and The Final Solution -- all would have been war criminals today. South loss so they are racists.

Speaking of dumass, I’m sure most of you know the great French author of such classics as The Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Musketeers, and other novels was French-African author Alexander Dumas.

Ohh...and had the south won, most would have still been racists, at least the slaveowners and those that supported them...nothing changes that.

And to use the term Final Solution in conjunction with William Tecumseh Sherman is straight retarded and historically offensive.

Advertisement
Hey 🤙🏾 that bottom part is bull****. EXCEPT for the fact that most confederate soldiers did not indeed own slavves. That’s true bro. Your correct, most rich southerners owned them. Just like the prison reform argument today and why we likely won’t see any.. BUT you saying and pointing that out Is like saying a German soldier in ww2 did not know what they were fighting for..the common southerners fear was that once the slaves were freed, they would be forgotten or equal to the newly freed slaves. Remember the mentality of western civilization of race..whites at that time truly believed no matter how poor or bad their situation was, at least they were t black. That’s why after the war you had the black codes that ensured blacks could not own land(sharecroppers). Then of course you had the Jim Crow era...so no, no part of that time period should he celebrated in this country. It should be taught to ensure it never happens again. You don’t see Germany going around celebrating, throwing parades for the era of the **** party

Radios were common during ww2 so people could hear more of about why the war was going on. Even so, I would bet a large portion of German soldiers were not Anti-Semetic. In the 1800s we are talking about broke southerners who probably never left their 1 mile radius their entire lives. They did not know all about the reasons for the war. Look at the current wars. Tons of people join up to steal oil from the middle east after they were fooled by the rich that they need to fight to defend the country from terrorists. This is like 150 years from now people saying we shouldn't celebrate the deaths of current soldiers because they were racists who enjoyed killing Muslims and stealing their oil.

How often do you hear people talk about "Lincoln was a racist and had no interest in freeing the slaves" you can't then go and say "the southerners were fighting just because they wanted to keep slaves".

As someone from the north I can't even believe this is a real thing. I just looked it up and this is not an isolated incident. This is a legit holiday in a few southern states like Bama, Georgia, SC, Miss, tx.

That said I don't see anything wrong with celebrating their fallen men. I would bet, like today, most of the confederate soldiers didn't even know what it was about and I would bet that 75% of the confederate soldiers never even owned slaves.

Well, you can believe it.

It wasn't called the War of Northern Aggression for nothing. Meaning, yes, the soldiers knew what the war was about - the North, with Lincoln, wanted to have Southern land owners that grew crops that provided rich tariff money - lose that land to Yankee corporate interests - and pretty much to cut out the middle man.

I know what we've been told and told, and told again. But the War, and this may be a great disappointment - was NOT about slavery. We all have learned by rote the Emancipation Proclamation - all bull**** propaganda - Lincoln was the one that didn't like non-whites.

If you believe this BS narrative - you don't know a damned thing about Lincoln, Washington, DC, the designs on Southern landowners, the tariffs from the 1840's on, nor anything about States voluntarily joining the Union, voluntarily withdrawing, and Lincoln refusing to talk to Southern leaders - ****-bent on war.

The South was outnumbered in everything - about 7:1, but they made a pretty good job of circumventing what was supposed to be a very short war. The North was largely Germanic - the South was largely Celtic.

And as a side note - one out of every three Congressional Medals of Honor awarded - to this day - went/go to Irish and Scottish blooded men.

Advertisement
Just so everyone understands who’s who and what’s what.

I’d like to hear the justification for the Final Solution now.

Well, you can believe it.

It wasn't called the War of Northern Aggression for nothing. Meaning, yes, the soldiers knew what the war was about - the North, with Lincoln, wanted to have Southern land owners that grew crops that provided rich tariff money - lose that land to Yankee corporate interests - and pretty much to cut out the middle man.

I know what we've been told and told, and told again. But the War, and this may be a great disappointment - was NOT about slavery. We all have learned by rote the Emancipation Proclamation - all bull**** propaganda - Lincoln was the one that didn't like non-whites.

If you believe this BS narrative - you don't know a damned thing about Lincoln, Washington, DC, the designs on Southern landowners, the tariffs from the 1840's on, nor anything about States voluntarily joining the Union, voluntarily withdrawing, and Lincoln refusing to talk to Southern leaders - ****-bent on war.

The South was outnumbered in everything - about 7:1, but they made a pretty good job of circumventing what was supposed to be a very short war. The North was largely Germanic - the South was largely Celtic.

And as a side note - one out of every three Congressional Medals of Honor awarded - to this day - went/go to Irish and Scottish blooded men.

I am not sure if I misread your post, but I believe you are agreeing with what I have said in this thread.

Very rarely does a war break out with a simple cause.

We all hear the war began because the South fired on the Union at Ft Sumter six days after South Carolina seceded from the Union. If you read their declaration, it clearly mention the tension with non-slaveholding states. Clearly that makes slavery a central issue for the South.

Where things get really strange is in the what-ifs. The Emancipation Proclamation wasn't written until January 1863, a full three years into the war. What if a truce had been negotiated any of those times where it looked like the South was getting the upper hand? Would the North have agreed to allow slavery to continue?

We went from a loose organization of strong states where people's main loyalty was to their state to a strong country of slightly weaker states where country comes first. Honoring the defunct Confederacy as something to be admired does a disservice to everything weve accomplished as a country because of a stronger union.

Lived in Pensacola for awhile in the ‘80s. Then, that area was almost totally Bama and a few Auburn fans. Whole area really SHOULD have been in Alabama.Very Southern and racist. Nice beaches, but the people....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back