OT: North Florida gonna North Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm from North Florida. The town that I grew up in is 5 minutes away from Georgia and 20 minutes away from Alabama (true tri-state area). The area is extremely racist, but the local mayors would not have the balls to try to pull this off.

Ocala is considered Central Florida. That entire area,....Marion, Alachua, and Bradford counties, are about as bad as it gets!

The funny part is that by removing the word "Confederate" this statement is completely benign.

Some people just aren't too bright.

Last edited:
I'm from North Florida. The town that I grew up in is 5 minutes away from Georgia and 20 minutes away from Alabama (true tri-state area). The area is extremely racist, but the local mayors would not have the balls to try to pull this off.

Ocala is considered Central Florida. That entire area,....Marion, Alachua, and Bradford counties, are about as bad as it gets!
So how does confederate recognition translate to racism automatically?

Advertisement
So how does confederate recognition translate to racism automatically?
I was going to take the bait but.....

Yes sir! Another NoFla Cane!

Not that many of us for sure!

You from around Marianna somewhere?

I know you dealt with a whole lot of FSU and UF fans (probably even a few Auburn fans, too) (n)

I know you dealt with a whole lot of FSU and UF fans (probably even a few Auburn fans, too) (n)
Marianna is our county seat. I grew up about 15 minutes east of Marianna, in a little town called Sneads. And yes, you are correct, that area is nothing but Nole territory with a little Gaytor and Bama sprinkled in!

You?

Advertisement

I’m from Tallahassee (forgive me for my sins) but live in Niceville and surprisingly I’ve seen a few fellow canes around lately however it is definitely fsu territory with auburn Bama Florida and even LSU mixed in. As well as the Mississippi schools

I’m from Tallahassee (forgive me for my sins) but live in Niceville and surprisingly I’ve seen a few fellow canes around lately however it is definitely fsu territory with auburn Bama Florida and even LSU mixed in. As well as the Mississippi schools
My former Wife was a Niceville Grad (82) I lived in FWB from 1988-90 1993-2001

Actually, Ocala (and the three counties you mentioned) are all part of the region considered North Florida — not just geographically, but culturally, demographically and politically.

LINK: North Florida

I had class on the subject way back when and still remember what the instructor drilled into our heads.

He told us you could draw a line (going east to west) from Daytona Beach through Ocala to Rosewood in Levy County on the Gulf Coast and you'd be touching on many of the key elements that made North Florida very much part of Dixie.

Everything below that imaginary line marked the beginnings of Central Florida.

I've lived in Daytona and Ocala — both of which gave off that North Florida vibe, so it seems that old professor knew what he was talking about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Actually, Ocala (and the three counties you mentioned) are all part of the region considered North Florida — not just geographically, but culturally, demographically and politically.

LINK: North Florida

I had class on the subject way back when and still remember what the instructor drilled into our heads.

You could draw a line (going east to west) from Daytona Beach through Ocala to Rosewood in Levy County on the Gulf Coast and you'd be touching on many of the key elements that made North Florida very much part of Dixie.

Everything below that imaginary line marked the beginnings of Central Florida.

I've lived in Daytona and Ocala — both of which gave off that North Florida vibe, so it seems that old professor knew what he was talking about.

Living here in gville they refer to Gainesville and Ocala as “ north central fl”.

Not north enough to be north fla and not far enough south to be central.

My idiot cousin was a miami dade cop and then moved to Ocala because his hooker wife thought a fresh new place would be the answer...mofos didnt last a year there. My cuz talked about how dumb and *** backwards it is up there. He hated many of the racists and said fvck this Im moving to Colorado.

Advertisement
Marianna is our county seat. I grew up about 15 minutes east of Marianna, in a little town called Sneads. And yes, you are correct, that area is nothing but Nole territory with a little Gaytor and Bama sprinkled in!

You?
Man, where didn't I live Cane brotha?

My family was never in one place long enough to call any place home.

Spent my younger days all over North Florida ... probably Pensacola, Jax, Gainesville and Tally the most.

A miracle I finished high school and a miracle I ended up a Canes fan! :D

My former Wife was a Niceville Grad (82) I lived in FWB from 1988-90 1993-2001
All to familiar, my man! I have a lot of family members that graduated from what used to be called Okaloosa Walton Community college. Now I think its called Northwest Florida State College, or something like that.

We have probably crossed paths for sure. For 4 straight summers, I stayed in FWB from 1995-98.

All to familiar, my man! I have a lot of family members that graduated from what used to be called Okaloosa Walton Community college. Now I think its called Northwest Florida State College, or something like that.

We have probably crossed paths for sure. For 4 straight summers, I stayed in FWB from 1995-98.
Reg....I bought a home in Pine Meadows off of Green Acres in 93....

My idiot cousin was a miami dade cop and then moved to Ocala because his hooker wife thought a fresh new place would be the answer...mofos didnt last a year there. My cuz talked about how dumb and *** backwards it is up there. He hated many of the racists and said fvck this Im moving to Colorado.

Ocala is buck wild , for being such a small place it’s insane. Some real bad areas , which is surprising to folks from not around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back