OT: NFL Draft

Advertisement
I see more Vic Beasley than Hunter. The biggest difference is strength. Danielle was taken because he flashed elite athleticism AND strength. Burns can be seen multiple times on tape getting washed away by TEs, that never happened to Hunter at LSU.

His athletic profile is closer to Danielle Hunter.

But if we are being honest about Burns, his athletic comps (Lo Carter, Hunter, Kam Wimbley) plus his production tell me he is going to be at minimum a very good player. Be mindful, Vic Beasley isn't an insult...he had a 15.5 sack season in his age 24 season. He's not going to hold up particularly well in a traditional 43 role where he might have to stack and shed, but if you just split him out wide and ask him to get to the QB and disrupt the pocket, I hate to say it, but barring injury, he's a very safe player and I would use a Top 10 pick on him. He's my #2 EDGE player in the class. I also like Montez Sweat a lot...but the heart condition may or may not be a thing...Burns is just a bit of a cleaner prospect. Josh Allen is a very tough evaluation. Looks the part...love the upward trajectory, but I feel he's a bit more scheme dependent.

After Bosa, Burns, Allen, Sweat...not sure I am investing in any of the EDGE players high. Lots of these guys just look like nice role players at best. Very disappointing athletic profiles at the EDGE spot make them tough projections.

Anthony Nelson is a guy that isn't getting enough love. He won't be a R1 player, but he's going to be a rock solid pro. Athletic comps of Chandler Jones, Taco Charlton, and Bronson Kaufusi plus his production (upward trajectory...not a 10 sack projection per se...but barring injury, going to be rock solid two-way talent v. run and gives you some idk...7 sack, 8 sack kind of realistic upside. If I were sitting at the Top of Round 2, I'd be very intrigued from there on with Nelson who could go anywhere on Day 2.

Advertisement
Please GMEN dont take Haskins please please please

y'all need a QB in the worst way.

I'm very pro-Kyler Murray...and understand QB2 through QB7 is like a crapshoot in this draft, but one thing I know in this draft is...Daniel Jones ain't going to be nothin special. Picking him in Round 1 is about as dumb as taking Josh Allen (the QB) in Round 1. Its going to result in a fireable offense in due time.

Jeremiah is one of the better ones, but he's clueless about Haskins falling to 15th.

Vegas updated their odds on Haskins from the first 10.5 picks to the first 8.5 picks yesterday. And this morning his odds are now even money on whether he'll be taken in the first 6.5 picks. Quite simply, Haskins will not slide to 15th.

I mean, to be fair, I think DJ is going more for team fit over projecting where the player will go. Right now, odds are in favor of Haskins going to the Skins. idk how he gets there, but thats the odds on favorite right now.

Hahahaha Jarapist brought Ori aka @TheOriginalCane back to the dolphins . I remember how fvcked he was as a Bucs fan when they took Jarapist. Ori was half rustling/trolling nolies and half wishing on a star when he kept starting threads about Mariotta being the first pick that year instead of Jarapist when it was all said and done.

Very true. Not that Mariotta has been some sort of QB god, but I definitely wanted him over Rapeist. And I was happy to **** off the SemenHole fans as a bonus.

Advertisement
y'all need a QB in the worst way.

I'm very pro-Kyler Murray...and understand QB2 through QB7 is like a crapshoot in this draft, but one thing I know in this draft is...Daniel Jones ain't going to be nothin special. Picking him in Round 1 is about as dumb as taking Josh Allen (the QB) in Round 1. Its going to result in a fireable offense in due time.
to me its Murray or wait till next draft. Im good rolling with Eli and stacking talent then when the next class is up bring me TUA. Im ok with us being trash we not winning the superbowl so who cares

Let the record show that I think Murray will be a hyper-bust. No way he succeeds in the pros.

to me its Murray or wait till next draft. Im good rolling with Eli and stacking talent then when the next class is up bring me TUA. Im ok with us being trash we not winning the superbowl so who cares

If you're in no man's land like the Redskins, I'd roll the dice on Haskins who does have a great arm if the pocket is clean. I think he can be a league average starting NFL QB and that might be just enough to get the Redskins into the playoffs.

Let the record show that I think Murray will be a hyper-bust. No way he succeeds in the pros.

I don't think thats a hot take, brother. I think most are fading Murray and the only reason he is getting buzz at the top is because really only one team loves him - the Cardinals.

However, there were only a few teams that rated Baker Mayfield as QB1. There were only a few teams that rated Patrick Mahomes as QB1.

The NFL is misevaluating these recent QBs from the Air Raid.

Murray's metrics and analytics are a tick below Baker, a tick above Mahomes. Those two QBs are basically the model for contemporary QB evaluations because their advanced metrics told their story and projected their success over other QBs in their class. Before Mahomes, the model for advanced metrics was Russell Wilson. From Wilson to Mahomes to Baker...and now hopefully Kyler...teams at the very top (Browns and Cardinals) realize traditional methods of evaluating QBs are falling by the wayside and whether you're 6'3" or 5'10" the numbers and metrics tell the story. There aren't many outliers at QB, really.

Murray has the running skills of a Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson but the arm somewhere between Baker and Mahomes. That to me is an insane combo and I'm willing to ignore the fact that he's 5'10" in cleats. He's an anomaly...I get it.

If I missed on one of these QBs...I wouldn't do it again. I'm willing to take the risk on him even as R1P1...if he busts...he busts and will take the L.

But Murray and Double K's mesh air raid? I'm here for it.

Advertisement
His athletic profile is closer to Danielle Hunter.

But if we are being honest about Burns, his athletic comps (Lo Carter, Hunter, Kam Wimbley) plus his production tell me he is going to be at minimum a very good player. Be mindful, Vic Beasley isn't an insult...he had a 15.5 sack season in his age 24 season. He's not going to hold up particularly well in a traditional 43 role where he might have to stack and shed, but if you just split him out wide and ask him to get to the QB and disrupt the pocket, I hate to say it, but barring injury, he's a very safe player and I would use a Top 10 pick on him. He's my #2 EDGE player in the class. I also like Montez Sweat a lot...but the heart condition may or may not be a thing...Burns is just a bit of a cleaner prospect. Josh Allen is a very tough evaluation. Looks the part...love the upward trajectory, but I feel he's a bit more scheme dependent.

After Bosa, Burns, Allen, Sweat...not sure I am investing in any of the EDGE players high. Lots of these guys just look like nice role players at best. Very disappointing athletic profiles at the EDGE spot make them tough projections.

Anthony Nelson is a guy that isn't getting enough love. He won't be a R1 player, but he's going to be a rock solid pro. Athletic comps of Chandler Jones, Taco Charlton, and Bronson Kaufusi plus his production (upward trajectory...not a 10 sack projection per se...but barring injury, going to be rock solid two-way talent v. run and gives you some idk...7 sack, 8 sack kind of realistic upside. If I were sitting at the Top of Round 2, I'd be very intrigued from there on with Nelson who could go anywhere on Day 2.
Agreed. If he's in an Aldon Smith role then I'm all for taking him in the top 10. The Beasley comp isn't an insult at all, I just wasn't seeing a similar scheme fit which you noted. Bummed about Sweat; millions gone just like that! Hopefully someone gives him a chance. I like Ferrell but as you alluded to, he's just a good player at best. I'd like your thoughts on LJ Collier and Ben Banogu if you dont mind.

Nelson is one of my draft crushes. Didnt like him at first but came around. If only Zach Allen tested like Nelson :snoopfacepalm:

Some interesting line moves on a couple players:

Ed Oliver is now Over/Under first 6.5 picks from first 7.5 last night. He's going early tonight.

Montez Sweat is probably going to drop like a rock due to his heart condition. Line is now -400 to bet that Sweat doesn't go top 10.5 picks. It was -225 yesterday.

Agreed. If he's in an Aldon Smith role then I'm all for taking him in the top 10. The Beasley comp isn't an insult at all, I just wasn't seeing a similar scheme fit which you noted. Bummed about Sweat; millions gone just like that! Hopefully someone gives him a chance. I like Ferrell but as you alluded to, he's just a good player at best. I'd like your thoughts on LJ Collier and Ben Banogu if you dont mind.

Nelson is one of my draft crushes. Didnt like him at first but came around. If only Zach Allen tested like Nelson :snoopfacepalm:

I'm taking Zach Allen regardless of that athletic profile. He's just a league average athlete. He doesn't provide much pass rush upside, but he's going to have a career as a run stop forward end that some teams might love the idea of rotating inside-out. Good teams have guys like Zach Allen on their roster.

Underrated Nelson trait...swatted balls. That Iowa DL was always good at getting their hands up.

Advertisement
Some interesting line moves on a couple players:

Ed Oliver is now Over/Under first 6.5 picks from first 7.5 last night. He's going early tonight.

Montez Sweat is probably going to drop like a rock due to his heart condition. Line is now -400 to bet that Sweat doesn't go top 10.5 picks. It was -225 yesterday.

Would put money on Oliver going 3 or 4. That Oliver line is basically saying "does he go to Jacksonville?"

Jacksonville will take Oliver 100% if he is there according to JagsTwitter. They just don't expect him to be (supposedly they are committed to Jonah Williams if Oliver isn't there...we'll see, I guess).

Sweat is going to drop, for sure.

But, Dane Brugler has gone on the record of saying after investigating across half of the league, his condition is not = to Mo Hurst. He has a large heart but never had a flare up (Hurst had numerous at Michigan) and doesn't have family history (again, Hurst had a long family history). I'd expect him to drop, but not like Maurice Hurst into R4 or whatever.

If you're a team that picks high in R1...on the flipside of R2 and you see Jeffrey Simmons there and Montez Sweat there...tell me why I don't risk it all and trade up to the top of Round 2 for one of those guys at that spot? Red flags, but out of control upside at that point. If they were clean, they are both legitimate Top 10 picks. Its worth the dice roll. I'll accept the L if they bust.

Would put money on Oliver going 3 or 4. That Oliver line is basically saying "does he go to Jacksonville?"

Jacksonville will take Oliver 100% if he is there according to JagsTwitter. They just don't expect him to be (supposedly they are committed to Jonah Williams if Oliver isn't there...we'll see, I guess).

Sweat is going to drop, for sure.

But, Dane Brugler has gone on the record of saying after investigating across half of the league, his condition is not = to Mo Hurst. He has a large heart but never had a flare up (Hurst had numerous at Michigan) and doesn't have family history (again, Hurst had a long family history). I'd expect him to drop, but not like Maurice Hurst into R4 or whatever.

If you're a team that picks high in R1...on the flipside of R2 and you see Jeffrey Simmons there and Montez Sweat there...tell me why I don't risk it all and trade up to the top of Round 2 for one of those guys at that spot? Red flags, but out of control upside at that point. If they were clean, they are both legitimate Top 10 picks. Its worth the dice roll. I'll accept the L if they bust.
Quinnen Williams is likely going #3. I agree with you re: Sweat, he's not free falling out of the first round. But he's now likely to go mid/late-first whereas after the Combine he was viewed as a top 10 lock.

If the Dolphins stay put at 13, I'll go out on a limb and say Greedy Williams. Turns a pretty good secondary into an elite unit. It's a deep OL and DL group. Get an elite talent in the 1st then come back to the LOS.

Think DL our OT is the way to go. At 13 we could get a Christian Wilkins or possibly one of Jonah Williams or the Dillard kid from WSU.

Advertisement
Back