OT: NFL Draft

We are rebuilding and should take the top player on the board.....with a focus on DL/OL.

If Christian Wilkins is on the board, i think they go with him. He would be versatile in a multiple front and he's a high character guy.....i would expect Flores liking a kid like that.

If a QB drops i can see that as an option. I just don't see them dropping. If we trade up, we are fools. We should only trade down, and that's dependent on who's still on the board. This draft is DEEP.

Advertisement
Hahahaha Jarapist brought Ori aka @TheOriginalCane back to the dolphins . I remember how fvcked he was as a Bucs fan when they took Jarapist. Ori was half rustling/trolling nolies and half wishing on a star when he kept starting threads about Mariotta being the first pick that year instead of Jarapist when it was all said and done.
I remember it like it was yesterday. (We're talking Canesport days, for those wondering). Ori was either in denial about Jameis going to Tampa or was trolling the Noles who posted there, but I knew it was inevitable he'd go #1 overall. Ori was a man of his word and switched his allegiance to Miami after it happened.

As of right now - and this will definitely be fluid prior to the Draft starting - these guys SHOULD be available 13th:

Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, and Christian Wilkins. The odds on Lock being available 13th are now shifting to YES, but I really hope some team like Denver or Cincy snags him. There is a real possibility we see 4 QBs go in the top 12 picks. It'd require Washington trading up and the Giants taking Jones early at 6th, but that's not the reach many think it is.

We're a day away, so thought I should kick this off. The Dolphins are picking 13th and I'm hoping we go OLine or DLine.

Gambling odds have seen a massive move on Dwayne Haskins. He was at -140 odds earlier today to be taken after the first 10.5 picks and is now at -140 odds to be taken within the first 8.5 picks after the news of the Redskins wanting to trade up broke. Good. I want to see at least 3 QBs off the board before #13.

Don't be surprised if the NY Giants take Daniel Jones 6th. Yes, 6th, not 17th.

I'd love if Miami traded down, picked up an extra pick or two, and selected DT Jeffrey Simmons late in the first. He might not be healthy in 2019, which is perfect to stash him for a year while we tank for a top QB in 2020.

Why would dolphins tank for a QB w Haskins available? He might be best QB in class.

Or OT or DT rd 1 (best available)
Finley at QB rd 2

I remember it like it was yesterday. (We're talking Canesport days, for those wondering). Ori was either in denial about Jameis going to Tampa or was trolling the Noles who posted there, but I knew it was inevitable he'd go #1 overall. Ori was a man of his word and switched his allegiance to Miami after it happened.

As of right now - and this will definitely be fluid prior to the Draft starting - these guys SHOULD be available 13th:

Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, and Christian Wilkins. The odds on Lock being available 13th are now shifting to YES, but I really hope some team like Denver or Cincy snags him. There is a real possibility we see 4 QBs go in the top 12 picks. It'd require Washington trading up and the Giants taking Jones early at 6th, but that's not the reach many think it is.
If Christian Wilkins is there would you trade down for the right package or is he too good to pass up ? I'm high on him .

Ori had those nolies frothing at the mouth, one of tgphen started quoting from scripture trying to defend his allegiance to the rapist and then I started a thread about his upcoming exorcism . 99% sure it was SchmittyNole, dude ended up sharing some shot about how when he was dating his wife she liked it rough and it wasn't take, some real personal shlt and Ori took him to the wood shed for being a disgusting ******* willing to share his *** wife with his wife to defend Jarapist .

Why would dolphins tank for a QB w Haskins available? He might be best QB in class.

Or OT or DT rd 1 (best available)
Finley at QB rd 2
I really don't think Haskins will be available 13th. If somehow he was then Miami will certainly consider taking him from what I've heard.

As for Finley, I'd pass. He reminds me a lot of Ryan Tannehill.

Advertisement
I want Oliver or Jonah Williams to Miami if we stay at 13 . Wouldn't mind trading down , heard maybe Houston could offer 23rd pick with a second this year (54th) and a 3rd next year to move to 13. Would love to get that pass rusher from Miss St. If he's there at 23 .

Are the Raiders gonna draft another dude out of prison like they did 2 years ago ?

Don’t know. F em. F Gruden. My squad doesn’t have a 1st round pick. Cleeeeeland

Another thing , as far as QBs I really like Drew Lock but im not a pro scout and it seems to be a consensus that he's not half the prospect Tua is so I'm all in on tanking and rebuilding the lines this year.

Another thing , as far as QBs I really like Drew Lock but im not a pro scout and it seems to be a consensus that he's not half the prospect Tua is so I'm all in on tanking and rebuilding the lines this year.
NFL network is reporting the dolphins are trading their first round pick this year and a second rounder next year for the rights to Michael Sam.

Advertisement
I like Lock, I think he will be a solid pro. But I don't think he's in that same tier as Tua or Herbert and with this draft being so deep on the lines I'd go OL/DL. As for Wilkins, I really like him and Ferrell. But if we're really going to tank this season and ensure we get Tua or Herbert, we need to really, really suck.

My preference is trade down and take Jeffery Simmons sometime in the early 20's. That'd get us another 2nd rounder or so and we can let Simmons rest up or get limited work this season while we tank. He tore his ACL, but he's a DT not a RB, I'm not worried about his long-term health, not nearly as much as, say, Rashan Gary's shoulder or Montez Sweat's heart.

I like Lock, I think he will be a solid pro. But I don't think he's in that same tier as Tua or Herbert and with this draft being so deep on the lines I'd go OL/DL. As for Wilkins, I really like him and Ferrell. But if we're really going to tank this season and ensure we get Tua or Herbert, we need to really, really suck.

My preference is trade down and take Jeffery Simmons sometime in the early 20's. That'd get us another 2nd rounder or so and we can let Simmons rest up or get limited work this season while we tank. He tore his ACL, but he's a DT not a RB, I'm not worried about his long-term health, not nearly as much as, say, Rashan Gary's shoulder or Montez Sweat's heart.
Do you think getting #23, #55 this year and a 3rd next year from Houston is plausible for our pick or seems like too much ? Seems like a great haul to me.

Do you think getting #23, #55 this year and a 3rd next year from Houston is plausible for our pick or seems like too much ? Seems like a great haul to me.
I'd do that swap in a heartbeat. But I trust our front office like I trust some $2 hooker and fully expect we will get swindled in any trade.

Advertisement
In the end it will still be the dullphins. They will botch the pics, look soft and play soft. It’s the dullphin way.

In the end it will still be the dullphins. They will botch the pics, look soft and play soft. It’s the dullphin way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back