OT : NBA no longer uses the word owner ; uses governor instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no difference if you simplify it too that..but this the real world nothing is that simple ..the “black kid” who works at McDonald’s isn’t responsible for making the company billions. Therefore what ground does he have to stand on?. So that comparison is idiotically simple..it’s not about the word in nature, it’s the mentality at the top. And if you can’t understand that changing little things can’t affect change, then you need to go back and look at the history of this very country
So black people dont help McDonald's make billions?

Changing words divides us even farther. It only makes racist hate even more.

Advertisement
It's honestly hard to believe this post is real. "Blatantly, audaciously and obnoxiously ignore American history.... such a huge oversight". WTF are you talking about?!? I am well aware of American history. That doesn't change the fact that anyone who gets offended by the owner of a sports team being referred to as the "owner" of that sports team is either doing so in an obnoxious display of faux outrage, or is simply so ignorant as to be an idiot. Hence, my comment above. I stand behind it.

I own my own business with several employees. I am the "owner" of my business. Fact. I don't "own" the individual people who work for me. Also fact. Nobody with half a brain cell confuses the two. The attempt at portraying yourself as morally superior with asinine comments like "blatantly, audaciously and obnoxiously ignoring American history" is a really pathetic look.

If YOU are truly offended (actually offended, not just "projecting" a bunch of faux outrage) by the NBA calling their owners, well, owners, then honestly, man, I absolutely pity you.
So basically your somehow offended by what offends other people...it’s called empathy and compassion man. It doesn’t make you soft or lesser of a man..if a portion of our society feels offended towards something (within good reason) don’t just brush it off as “get over it what’s the big deal”. Instead study the issue, try to understand the issue and the views..perfect example is native Americans who have a problem with their culture being used as team mascots within sports. When the issue was raised I myself thought what’s the big deal. Then I decided to research and educate my self further on the deeper issue. I was then able to empathize with their plight.

For me working with younger ppl has helped me understand this tool.

I didn't realize that people still watched or cared about the NBA, interesting.

Great another thread telling black people how they should feel and properly react to their experiences. Audacious Paternalism all over the site today.

Great, another black person in the year 2019 still riding the experiences of enslaved black people to con white folks into believing they are somehow responsible for the past. You should be very proud of the fact that you love to glob onto the atrocities of the past for your own benefit.

U continue to speak from your subjective feelings, but then turn around and criticize what offends other people (which is their feelings as well). U are offended by what offends other people 😂

And u wouldn’t be able to do this with a straight face or bone in your body if you understood and weren’t purposely ignoring historical context.

Just a pompous liar attempting to create manufacture your own false reality and shove it down everyone’s mouth. Audacious Paternalism. Slave Master complex, the irony.
"And u wouldn’t be able to do this with a straight face or bone in your body if you understood and weren’t purposely ignoring historical context."

And there it is! Mr. Moral Superiority doing that "projecting" thing again that you are so apt to criticize others for.

Nope, you're wrong about me yet again. Nothing about this topic offends me whatsoever. I just find it downright pathetic that an organization as large as the NBA would acquiesce to a tiny vocal minority of people like you who are running around disingenuously clutching their pearls in an attempt to manufacture issues like this. You should stop some time and give true consideration to this quote made earlier by Rell:

"If we're going to be "conscious" in today's society, can we tackle real social issues and not this b.s?"

Last edited:
Advertisement
U continue to speak from your subjective feelings, but then turn around and criticize what offends other people (which is their feelings as well). U are offended by what offends other people 😂

And u wouldn’t be able to do this with a straight face or bone in your body if you understood and weren’t purposely ignoring historical context.

Just a pompous liar attempting to create manufacture your own false reality and shove it down everyone’s mouth. Audacious Paternalism. Slave Master complex, the irony.

And you were mentioning psychobabble? Kudos to your excellent example.

So black people dont help McDonald's make billions?

Changing words divides us even farther. It only makes racist hate even more.
👀👀 are you this far lost..to not understand the difference in platforms between a McDonald’s employee no matter race, idk why you just stuck on black employees (really I think I do) and a NBA star... “changing words divides us even further” ..what? That makes no sense..I don’t think it the of the word that makes ppl uncomfortable, it’s the topic and the deeper issue it touches on. Have you sat back and asked yourself why a black athlete making millions might feel this way? That maybe it’s a deeper issue going on..

Great, another black person in the year 2019 still riding the experiences of enslaved black people to con white folks into believing they are somehow responsible for the past. You should be very proud of the fact that you love to glob onto the atrocities of the past for your own benefit.
You think the issues of the past doesn’t ’t affect today’s society?

So basically your somehow offended by what offends other people...it’s called empathy and compassion man. It doesn’t make you soft or lesser of a man..if a portion of our society feels offended towards something (within good reason) don’t just brush it off as “get over it what’s the big deal”. Instead study the issue, try to understand the issue and the views..perfect example is native Americans who have a problem with their culture being used as team mascots within sports. When the issue was raised I myself thought what’s the big deal. Then I decided to research and educate my self further on the deeper issue. I was then able to empathize with their plight.

For me working with younger ppl has helped me understand this tool.
No, I am not personally offended by any part of this. I am a willing and proud non-member of the current "always offended"-culture. Just because a tiny vocal minority is offended by something in life (and I can **** near guarantee that the amount of people who are GENUINELY offended by this particular issue and not just hopping on the bandwagon or caving to pressure from their peers is barely an observable fraction) doesn't inherently mean that society needs to change to cater to that. Particularly when it is very transparent faux outrage like with this topic.

Look, gentlemen, if this is the hill you want to die on, go for it! To each their own. But I will continue to hold my personal opinion that anyone who is truly offended by NBA owners being called "owners" is either being disingenuous or is simply an idiot.

Advertisement
Let me know when you want to discuss what’s happening right now and how all of it is connected 😂

"And u wouldn’t be able to do this with a straight face or bone in your body if you understood and weren’t purposely ignoring historical context." And there it is! Mr. Moral Superiority doing that "projecting" thing again that you are so apt to criticize others for.

Nope, you're wrong about me yet again. Nothing about this topic offends me whatsoever. I just find it downright pathetic that an organization as large as the NBA would acquiesce to a tiny vocal minority of people like you who are running around disingenuously clutching their pearls in an attempt to manufacture issues like this. You should stop some time and give true consideration to this quote made earlier by Rell:

"If we're going to be "conscious" in today's society, can we tackle real social issues and not this b.s?"

U aren’t offended but you have posted 100 times, calling people “dumb” and “idiot” and currently in the reactions going ham 😂 but you aren’t offended 👌🏾

U don’t get to tell someone what their real issues are. U have a “because I’m white and I say so” mentality. And no issues can be properly dealt with, with people coming into them like that.

My wife is the governor of our house. I'm the alternate governor

Advertisement
U aren’t offended but you have posted 100 times, calling people “dumb” and “idiot” and currently in the reactions going ham 😂 but you aren’t offended 👌🏾

U don’t get to tell someone what their real issues are. U have a “because I’m white and I say so” mentality. And no issues can be properly dealt with, with people coming into them like that.
That is correct. Not one aspect of this story "offends" me. I call dumb when I see dumb. It's really not any more complex than that.

"U have a “because I’m white and I say so” mentality." Yet again, wrong. You don't know a thing about me. And the really amazing irony to this all, bud, is based on your own words, YOU are actually the one being racist in this discussion.

👀👀 are you this far lost..to not understand the difference in platforms between a McDonald’s employee no matter race, idk why you just stuck on black employees (really I think I do) and a NBA star... “changing words divides us even further” ..what? That makes no sense..I don’t think it the of the word that makes ppl uncomfortable, it’s the topic and the deeper issue it touches on. Have you sat back and asked yourself why a black athlete making millions might feel this way? That maybe it’s a deeper issue going on..

Wow. We are talking about a 75% black nba. Thats why we are talking about black employees. Of course you would try to paint me as a racist.

A millionaire athlete that lets a word bother them is softer than baby ****.

Pretty simple to see who the real racist is here.

Advertisement
No, I am not personally offended by any part of this. I am a willing and proud non-member of the current "always offended"-culture. Just because a tiny vocal minority is offended by something in life (and I can **** near guarantee that the amount of people who are GENUINELY offended by this particular issue and not just hopping on the bandwagon or caving to pressure from their peers is barely an observable fraction) doesn't inherently mean that society needs to change to cater to that. Particularly when it is very transparent faux outrage like with this topic.

Look, gentlemen, if this is the hill you want to die on, go for it! To each their own. But I will continue to hold my personal opinion that anyone who is truly offended by NBA owners being called "owners" is either being disingenuous or is simply an idiot.
And you aren't alone. Do trust.

I got a feeling that U were considered “smart” until U started engaging with me. U have let a lot of people down.

Correct. I have countless people whom I have let down from their perches of privledge and rascism. Brought them low as I exposed their cloak of oppression and laid bare the unwokeness in their hearts for my people to see.

I am guilty as charged!

1676-2???
#****YOUPAYME

That is correct. Not one aspect of this story "offends" me. I call dumb when I see dumb. It's really not any more complex than that.

"U have a “because I’m white and I say so” mentality." Yet again, wrong. You don't know a thing about me. Though the really amazing irony to this all, bud, is based on your own words, YOU are actually the one being racist in this discussion.
All I need to know is what you’ve been posting, that’s sufficient. U just mad because you just felt the reality of who you truly are, so in response and deflection of that realization, you projected it onto me for making you see it. That’s who the new definition of racist is.

I get it I get it..I truly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back