OT: Mass Shooting at Douglas High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of these shooters do it because they want to be on TV. They live meaningless pathetic lives, and this is the only way they can ever get noticed.

We’re the only country in the world with a media that glorifies these scumbags.

I think we need to look in the mirror also.....
Nobody wants to ban guns. Just sensical and more stringent requirements to obtain them. Doing nothing changes nothing. Making changes certainly gives us a chance and if they don’t they don’t make things any worse.

I agree we need a change but making blind changes does nothing. After 9/11 we "fixed" the issue of airport security with TSA - another collection of un-elected officials who do not answer to the public; it costs us a ton of money and is a total waste.

Advertisement
Not sure what you're saying here. The attorney for the family he was last living with claims he absolutely got the gun legally and I personally can't think of any current laws that would've restricted him from doing so.

I absolutely agree that the apparatus attached to mental health treatments/involuntary psych holds/etc are a joke though. I also agree that if someone is set on killing people that there's no way to prevent it. I think the most reasonable of us just want to try to minimize how catastrophic those incidents have to be while also maybe not making them soooo easy to commit if you are deranged.

He’s 19...you can’t even get a license for a concealed in FL until you’re 21. You can technically get one at 18 but it’s limited to what you can get and it takes a very long time to get something like an AR.

Last edited:
I’m going to go with the two arresting officers that saw the “feel the burn” poster and the Fidel Castro poster in his room in Wyndham Lakes. Next time make sure you’re not talking to the guy who lived 8 houses down from the kid.
And, I’m going to go with the fact that you’re a liar! As bad as the tragedy is, you’re stupidly pushing a fake narrative that has been proven fake by buzzfeed. Don’t you see how stupid it makes you look?

Take the “L” and gain some level of self-respect

I think we need to look in the mirror also.....

I agree we need a change but making blind changes does nothing. After 9/11 we "fixed" the issue of airport security with TSA - another collection of un-elected officials who do not answer to the public; it costs us a ton of money and is a total waste.

1300 kids die a year in the US to gun violence. Total waste of money right. Better spent on maga hats imo.

He’s 19...you can’t even get a license for a concealed in FL until you’re 21.

You only have to be 18 to purchase a long gun (which is what the AR 15 would be classified) here though. I believe the only restrictions would be a felony or domestic violence conviction.

Again, not even going down the route of blaming a type of gun here but moreso the legal access we're allowing to any guns by clearly troubled people. There was a good article in the Sun Sentinel last night about the issues this kid displayed well prior to his adoptive mother's recent death.

Advertisement
He’s 19...you can’t even get a license for a concealed in FL until you’re 21. You can technically get one at 18 but it’s limited to what you can get and it takes a very long time to get something like an AR.
You’re confusing handguns with rifles and shotguns.

1) I was working South Broward yesterday so I was nowhere near to responding unless the injured went up to FLL airport level.

2) You guys are hilarious. You guys have no idea that the FBI/CSPD were warned about this, you guys have no idea the kid was a **** ton of psych problems and was sent to a specific psychiatric school, you guys have no idea that this kid was a communist and a registered Democrat who hated America, you guys have no idea that he didn’t even live with a parent because his mom died in November(very common trigger point) and was living with “foster” parents(only in parenthesis because he’s 19). Stop blaming a inanimate object in a gun for negligence to deal with a problem because we refuse to treat it. How much do you guys wanna beat he was apart of Antifa? It’ll explain how a 19 y/o got an AR -15. Anti-gun nuts just a little FYI, an AR-15 has the same fire rate as your average pistol because it’s semi automatic and I believe it only has a 20 round magazine...he would’ve been able to do the same amount damage with a pistol that he did with an AR-15. Please don’t come at me with “it’s an assault rifle” because an assault rifle doesn’t exist. Assault is an action...a verb, not a type of rifle.

Yup your right.
Let’s save. A fu.k ton of money and retrofit the entire milligram and law enforcement community with Glock 19. Why have a 3k are when you could do the same thing with a 500 dollar hangun. And since they can do the same thing then why are you opposed to outlawing or restricting them.

1) I was working South Broward yesterday so I was nowhere near to responding unless the injured went up to FLL airport level.

2) You guys are hilarious. You guys have no idea that the FBI/CSPD were warned about this, you guys have no idea the kid was a **** ton of psych problems and was sent to a specific psychiatric school, you guys have no idea that this kid was a communist and a registered Democrat who hated America, you guys have no idea that he didn’t even live with a parent because his mom died in November(very common trigger point) and was living with “foster” parents(only in parenthesis because he’s 19). Stop blaming a inanimate object in a gun for negligence to deal with a problem because we refuse to treat it. How much do you guys wanna beat he was apart of Antifa? It’ll explain how a 19 y/o got an AR -15. Anti-gun nuts just a little FYI, an AR-15 has the same fire rate as your average pistol because it’s semi automatic and I believe it only has a 20 round magazine...he would’ve been able to do the same amount damage with a pistol that he did with an AR-15. Please don’t come at me with “it’s an assault rifle” because an assault rifle doesn’t exist. Assault is an action...a verb, not a type of rifle.
We are averaging one school shooting every 60 hours so far this year. Gun laws need to change drastically.

Advertisement
There is no legitimate reason for any citizen to own an AR-15. Back when the 2nd Amendment was promulgated, oh, 227 years ago, the only "arms" available were single shot muskets, not automatic weapons. If you truly think our founding fathers contemplated allowing automatic weapons in the hand of every ******* in the country, you're clueless.
You probably think the AR stands for assault rifle.. (Spoiler: it doesn't) FYI an AR-15 is semi-auto. I legitimately own several, have a shooting range & have never mass murdered anyone. I'm all for more strict background checks, tougher gun penalties, etc.. but if you think banning AR-15's will solve this epidemic, you're clueless. Step up capital punishment, bring back public executions, expedite trials, change the rights laws, treat this animals like the scum they are.. Stop being so PC about everything. Maybe that's ridiculous but I think it would be more effective than banning a gun.

You only have to be 18 to purchase a long gun (which is what the AR 15 would be classified) here though. I believe the only restrictions would be a felony or domestic violence conviction.

Again, not even going down the route of blaming a type of gun here but moreso the legal access we're allowing to any guns by clearly troubled people. There was a good article in the Sun Sentinel last night about the issues this kid displayed well prior to his adoptive mother's recent death.

The kid threatened to shoot the school 3 times and wasn’t allowed to carry a bag...the mom was just a trigger point.

Dodging and diverting...

Orlando
Las Vegas
Sutherland Springs
Oak Creek
USPS
FEDEX
Jevon Belcher
Joe McKnight

This is not a school problem, it’s a societal problem.
Dodging and diverting...

Orlando
Las Vegas
Sutherland Springs
Oak Creek
USPS
FEDEX
Jevon Belcher
Joe McKnight

This is not a school problem, it’s a societal problem.
Hahahahhahahhahahaha, yea no. The problem is the lack of psychological help and not acting on threats...it’s guys like you crying about guns instead of making sure these guys get help and aren’t so easily cleared.

I’m not going to sit here and have a ****ing match with you about society with a guy who sits at home and doesn’t respond to any kind of emergency call. I’m not going to sit here to talk to an idiot who doesn’t understand the chemical change that goes into a guy that’s wants to commit an MCI or not...and it doesn’t even need to be associated psychiatric issue. It doesn’t matter if there’s a handgun involved or not...if they’re motivated enough then they’ll find a way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hahahahhahahhahahaha, yea no. The problem is the lack of psychological help and not acting on threats...it’s guys like you crying about guns instead of making sure these guys get help and aren’t so easily cleared.
There’s another lie you’re trying to push because a “guy like me” actually owns guns. Proving your argument is baseless and can’t be defended.

Psychological help would’ve saved Joe McKnight? No, but fewer guns might have.

Jason Whitlock after Jevo Belcher:

We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it.

How many young people have to die senselessly? How many lives have to be ruined before we realize the right to bear arms doesn’t protect us from a government equipped with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks and nuclear weapons?

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.

In the coming days, Belcher’s actions will be analyzed through the lens of concussions and head injuries. Who knows? Maybe brain damage triggered his violent overreaction to a fight with his girlfriend. What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

Yup your right.
Let’s save. A fu.k ton of money and retrofit the entire milligram and law enforcement community with Glock 19. Why have a 3k are when you could do the same thing with a 500 dollar hangun. And since they can do the same thing then why are you opposed to outlawing or restricting them.
He shot them up close and personal. Range matters of course...that’s the difference but in this case it wouldn’t have.

Advertisement
There’s another lie you’re trying to push because a “guy like me” actually owns guns. Proving your argument is baseless and can’t be defended.

Psychological help would’ve saved Joe McKnight? No, but fewer guns might have.

Jason Whitlock after Jevo Belcher:
You’re crying about aren’t you?

You probably think the AR stands for assault rifle.. (Spoiler: it doesn't) FYI an AR-15 is semi-auto. I legitimately own several, have a shooting range & have never mass murdered anyone. I'm all for more strict background checks, tougher gun penalties, etc.. but if you think banning AR-15's will solve this epidemic, you're clueless. Step up capital punishment, bring back public executions, expedite trials, change the rights laws, treat this animals like the scum they are.. Stop being so PC about everything. Maybe that's ridiculous but I think it would be more effective than banning a gun.
I never said banning AR-15's would solve the epidemic. Quitting smoking also won't ensure you won't get lung cancer.

It'll just sorta kinda really help.

You’re crying about aren’t you?
You must be new to internet debate...or assume that I am. Attacking me for rightly pillorying your remedial thinking is the first step in the playbook.

The second step is selectively editing...which you just did to the previous post. I’d say try again...but, please, don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back