OT....Kawhi and Paul George to the Clippers

Advertisement
These insiders are actually very accurate , especially Woj. But like Russillo said “ if anyone says they know what KL’s doing they’re full of it”. KL and his circle are very small and very quiet. Gm’s Around the league had absolutely no clue.

But him buying that mansion in San Diego was a giveaway to me.

Gonna be interesting to see how the two LA teams round out their lineups:

Lakers:
???/???
Green/Caldwell-Pope
Bron/???
Kuzma/??
Davis/Mcgee

Clippers:
Beverly/Williams
Shamet/Robinson
Kawhi/Mcgruder
George (I guess I'll throw him here, positionless)/Harkless
Harrell/Zubic (?)

Clips have what seem like 3 million wings. Solid depth.
Listening to Stephen A. Smith makes me nauseous.

That’s some SERIOUS perimeter defense.

This will be the Warriors most powerful foe they ever faced in the west.

Their run might be officially on hiatus without some retooling.

Advertisement
I like that clippers lineup more than the Lakers.
Shamet is on his way up
Beverly is still a dog
Williams went head up with the Warriors and had them shook
Kawhi is Kawhi
George see above
I love Harrell ... poor man's draymond

Kawhi 1st team with George. George or Kawhi rotate one of them with 2nd team/Williams. Gonna be tough to stop them..
I hope my wizards don't trade Beal to the Lakers... I would rather try and trade Wall.....especially a point guard coming back from an achiles injury who relies on his speed.
Sweet Lou is a BAD man.

He comes off the bench!

Get some rim protection and that defense is sick with three legit scorers.

Told my boy once Broussard & Stephen A were so matter of facts w their sauces that Kawhi was a “done deal” to LAL, I literally guaranteed Kawhi to LAC.

LAL’s overconfidence led them down this path. Meanwhile, J West, the veteran that he is, secured home, 1st, THEN threw out a line for the big fishes. Pelinka was fixated on the big fish, while letting all the smaller fish swim by that could’ve help LAL have a complete, deep roster.

For whatever reason, LBJ feels that he can’t win w/o 2 other superstars next to him. To me, this puts a huge ***** in his GOAT armor. U have AD; now go build a TEAM instead of always looking for a SUPER DUPER TEAMS. Stupid Pelinka & Buss fell right into that trap, and now they will essentially have that same 30 win team + AD. Lol.

Getting the RIGHT mix of players is just as effective but hard to do.

You build the core bottom up through the draft and take quality players that are versatile and fit together.

Do it right and you can win a title with one superstar. Two just to be safe.

Lebron tries to microwave up titles with three superstars.

It works, but leaves you in bad places if there is any kind of injury.

Too many gm’s just wheel and deal for names.

Toronto built their team from the ground up solid. Made smart moves in free agency with the right complimentary players and gambled on the Kawhi trade.

Got a title and still have a strong team in a nice city. Those brutal winters are the main thing hurting them as a destination.

Advertisement
Russillo was mocking that , he was told that and was being sarcastic. Pretty sure he was giggling as he said it. At least he did on his podcast.

Ahhh, apologies if I missed the context (or he changed his presentation of the info) but I was going off what I heard on Woj's podcast. It was basically this:

20190706_144635.jpg
20190706_144622.jpg
20190706_144611.jpg
20190706_144556.jpg

Advertisement
Gonna be interesting to see how the two LA teams round out their lineups:

Lakers:
???/???
Green/Caldwell-Pope
Bron/???
Kuzma/??
Davis/Mcgee

Clippers:
Beverly/Williams
Shamet/Robinson
Kawhi/Mcgruder
George (I guess I'll throw him here, positionless)/Harkless
Harrell/Zubic (?)

Clips have what seem like 3 million wings. Solid depth.
Listening to Stephen A. Smith makes me nauseous.

Davis has said he doesn’t want to play the 5. So it will be interesting how they handle that.

If we are willing to take Westbrook contract, we might as well due the beal/wall deal. Either situation I’m happy

I’d prefer the Beal deal. He is younger. But truthfully it doesn’t matter becuase from the looks of it. The days of star players staying put More than 4 years is done. So there is no guarantee that Beal would play out his entire prime here.

If and it’s a big IF....if the heat can finally get Westbrook to play the game different then that could be a great trade. But it’s 50/50 on one end. It could be a wake up call for Russ to say: “You know what all these other guys would rather play with other ppl, what can I change”. Or he says “***** these guys”’and the triples down on his play style.

I know we are starved for a star...but I really see Westbrook being very close to Carmelo status if he doesn’t change his game.

Advertisement
I’d prefer the Beal deal. He is younger. But truthfully it doesn’t matter becuase from the looks of it. The days of star players staying put More than 4 years is done. So there is no guarantee that Beal would play out his entire prime here.

If and it’s a big IF....if the heat can finally get Westbrook to play the game different then that could be a great trade. But it’s 50/50 on one end. It could be a wake up call for Russ to say: “You know what all these other guys would rather play with other ppl, what can I change”. Or he says “***** these guys”’and the triples down on his play style.

I know we are starved for a star...but I really see Westbrook being very close to Carmelo status if he doesn’t change his game.
Same but I just Think at this point okc is more willing to deal Westbrook

Game and attitude.

I think Dame humbled him some in the playoffs.

Next move is his.

Davis has said he doesn’t want to play the 5. So it will be interesting how they handle that.
Yeah. They signed Mcgee and Cousins, so they've got the GS model of chipping away at center minutes. But, when it counts, most of the time, I'd bet Davis gets at least 16 minutes at the spot. They have to fit Green, Bron and Kuzma on the court. Maybe if Bron decides to play PG and they sign another 3D type player (or play KCP there).

Yeah. They signed Mcgee and Cousins, so they've got the GS model of chipping away at center minutes. But, when it counts, most of the time, I'd bet Davis gets at least 16 minutes at the spot. They have to fit Green, Bron and Kuzma on the court. Maybe if Bron decides to play PG and they sign another 3D type player (or play KCP there).
Sheesh.

Vogel will be gone by the All Star break 🤣

Advertisement
Back