OT....Kawhi and Paul George to the Clippers

Yeah. They signed Mcgee and Cousins, so they've got the GS model of chipping away at center minutes. But, when it counts, most of the time, I'd bet Davis gets at least 16 minutes at the spot. They have to fit Green, Bron and Kuzma on the court. Maybe if Bron decides to play PG and they sign another 3D type player (or play KCP there).

I agree he’s going to have to and it gives them the best advantage. Crazy that the league has come full circle from these “big 3” teams to having a big 2 with depth around them.

Advertisement
Sheesh.

Vogel will be gone by the All Star break 🤣
They've definitely gotta figure out how to fit some remaining pieces together, but it's a formidable lineup if Green, Kuzma and KCP all shoot over 35% from 3PT. They still need another shooter, obviously. They also need another player to consistently guard quicker guards.

Was the trade for Paul George really that steep for the clippers? Can’t really just look at it in the lense of it cost 5 first round picks and 2 solid players to get him. By getting Paul George trade completed they also locked in kawhi who tried to get several stars first jimmy butler, then kd last week to go there with him if he chose the clippers. This is a gamble for okc because will these first round picks even be worth much with the clippers assuredly not being in a situation where they would be in the lottery which would obviously be a significant value for a pick? Odds are the clippers will be competing for championships from here on out while kawhi is there

Was the trade for Paul George really that steep for the clippers? Can’t really just look at it in the lense of it cost 5 first round picks and 2 solid players to get him. By getting Paul George trade completed they also locked in kawhi who tried to get several stars first jimmy butler, then kd last week to go there with him if he chose the clippers. This is a gamble for okc because will these first round picks even be worth much with the clippers assuredly not being in a situation where they would be in the lottery which would obviously be a significant value for a pick? Odds are the clippers will be competing for championships from here on out while kawhi is there

I agree it wasn’t steep at all. Especially when you consider that Kawhi gave them a guaranteee that he would sign with PG.

You stack chips to build a contender. And you have to be ready to pounce when that window opens. For them that window was now. I love the deal
For both parties.

Advertisement
I could see the Orlando Magic going after Westbrook. They obviously need a PG, and could offer Aaron Gordon, DJ Augustin, Evan Fournier, and a 1st round protected pick to make it happen. That's just one of many scenarios they could conjure up to make it work if they want to.

Advertisement
This is where Riley and Elisburg shine. They're terrible with the draft and should be relieved of those duties, but when it comes to the art of the deal, they are second to none.

You get Russ here no matter the cost.
I was questioning the Tyler herro pick and man am I impressed with certain aspects of his game and then they traded bol bol who would have been a steal. They are certainly making up for it since they got jimmy butler and are continuing trying to get another big name guy

I could see the Orlando Magic going after Westbrook. They obviously need a PG, and could offer Aaron Gordon, DJ Augustin, Evan Fournier, and a 1st round protected pick to make it happen. That's just one of many scenarios they could conjure up to make it work if they want to.

There is a terrible deal for the Magic. They aren’t actually in contention if they have to give up Aaron Gordon to land Russ.

There is a terrible deal for the Magic. They aren’t actually in contention if they have to give up Aaron Gordon to land Russ.
I'm a Magic fan and Gordon is overrated and the team is saturated with bigs. I don't want them to give up on Bamba or Fultz, both of whom are still on cheap rookie deals and so to match salaries it makes sense to trade Gordon. Look at Orlando's roster, you've got way too many frontcourt guys with Vucevic, Bamba, Aminu, Gordon, Okeke, Isaac, and it looks like they're bringing back Birch. Yet they're the thinnest team in the league at PG.

Isaac has the most potential on the team, you don't trade him, plus he's also on a rookie deal. Fournier is an overpaid player who could be used to match salary for Russ. The trade talks about Gordon had been swirling for months, but this is the first time you get a chance to get an elite PG in return. I'd do that trade if the 1st rounder thrown in is Top 20 protected or something of the sort.

Advertisement
I'm a Magic fan and Gordon is overrated and the team is saturated with bigs. I don't want them to give up on Bamba or Fultz, both of whom are still on cheap rookie deals and so to match salaries it makes sense to trade Gordon. Look at Orlando's roster, you've got way too many frontcourt guys with Vucevic, Bamba, Aminu, Gordon, Okeke, Isaac, and it looks like they're bringing back Birch. Yet they're the thinnest team in the league at PG.

Isaac has the most potential on the team, you don't trade him, plus he's also on a rookie deal. Fournier is an overpaid player who could be used to match salary for Russ. The trade talks about Gordon had been swirling for months, but this is the first time you get a chance to get an elite PG in return. I'd do that trade if the 1st rounder thrown in is Top 20 protected or something of the sort.
Westbrook would actually have to want the magic which he most likely doesn’t over Miami. Kendrick Perkins his former teammate said he talked to Westbrook and sees him in Miami

I feel like a guy like Gordon would be better with Russ. But if the organization is ready to move on gotta do it.

OKC’s haul for Russ won’t be nearly as epic.

Advertisement
what exactly?
Pat Reilly went to Lebron’s hotel in Vegas with an elaborate presentation. He also brought the two championship trophies in velvet cases. The first phase of the presentation was made to Lebron, and Lebron had his TV on throughout it. Riley realized that James was not even paying attention to his GM and was instead focused on the World Cup. Complete disrespect. Deflated, when Riley adjourned and went outside he told his assistant to pack up the trophies. He knew the gig was up.

Yeah but they got picks in 2024, 2026, and can swap picks with no protection. 7 years from now I don't even know if Kawhi and Paul will still be in the league. Okc could flip those picks. Sad part is who wants to live in Oklahoma city every free agent who gets a chance will be moving out of that area. Westbrook stayed. George & Durant couldn't wait to leave.

Respect to Kawai telling the Lakers to go to ****. Would've been easy to go on Lebrons superteam and win a bunch of ships.

Honestly, big winner imo is OKC. Getting 5 unprotected first round draft picks is no joke. They are the type of team that builds better through the draft. Same with other smaller market teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back