OT....Kawhi and Paul George to the Clippers

Advertisement
Kuzma is not enough for Beal, like at all. I love Kuz, but Beal is a young All Star that can shoot.
Man the heat just traded Richardson for butler pretty much lol and a first rounder. Washington trying to get out of bad contracts right now

Man the heat just traded Richardson for butler pretty much lol and a first rounder. Washington trying to get out of bad contracts right now

And a 1st rounder. Thats the key. Lakers have 0 assets right now. They mortgaged their future for AD.

Miami still have more picks to offer, if I’m not mistaken.

Don’t sleep on Lou Williams, he’s a walking bucket and one of the best scorers in the league

Nah, I will sleep on Lou Will. He was on the Raptors team that had home court and got swept by the Wizards in the 1st round. He's a total sieve on defense and he needs the ball to be effective. Long, physical defenders shut him down in the playoffs and his foul-baiting doesn't work. Going into this year he was one of the worst playoff players of all time but he had a couple nice games against lazy Warriors defense, especially KD.

Richardson is a good 2-way player on a bargain contract. Beal is one of the best contracts in the NBA. You're really overrating Kuzma. He shot 30% from 3 last year and he's a minus defender. David Griffin used LeBron's respect for Kuzma as leverage to get all the good assets from the Lakers. Nobody in the league thinks Kuz is that good besides Lakers, their fans and people who still think PPG defines how good a player is.

Anyways if Beal is available - which he isn't - there are plenty of teams that can offer better packages than Miami or LA. Denver is one example that comes to mind.

Advertisement
Massive overpay by the Clippers, I dont understand how this could happen. You could had gotten 2/4 of Beal, D. Russel, Butler and AD for this package.
I legit would prefer Galinari + Shai than PG. Lebron always toyed with him in the east and if AD can rim protect against Kawhi I dont see where the clippers can get buckets anywhere else.I still think at best theClippers are the third best team in the West behind GSW and Lakers. Probably close to the Lakers, but I just dont see it with PG, and I dont think that it has much separation from Houston, Blazers and Nuggets.

Nah, I will sleep on Lou Will. He was on the Raptors team that had home court and got swept by the Wizards in the 1st round. He's a total sieve on defense and he needs the ball to be effective. Long, physical defenders shut him down in the playoffs and his foul-baiting doesn't work. Going into this year he was one of the worst playoff players of all time but he had a couple nice games against lazy Warriors defense, especially KD.

Richardson is a good 2-way player on a bargain contract. Beal is one of the best contracts in the NBA. You're really overrating Kuzma. He shot 30% from 3 last year and he's a minus defender. David Griffin used LeBron's respect for Kuzma as leverage to get all the good assets from the Lakers. Nobody in the league thinks Kuz is that good besides Lakers, their fans and people who still think PPG defines how good a player is.

Anyways if Beal is available - which he isn't - there are plenty of teams that can offer better packages than Miami or LA. Denver is one example that comes to mind.
I’m not saying they can get him straight up for Kuzma just acknowledging that’s their only asset right now after the Anthony Davis trade

He already did. Lebron needed Ray Allen to save his legacy after missing another clutch shooting opportunity against Kawhi.
I mean Lebron hit a clutch 3 prior to that to get the game within 3 for Ray Allen to tie it. That matters too

Advertisement
What core? They have 1 playoff performer in Beverley. Harrell is not a playoff player - doesn't defensive rebound, doesn't guard, can't shoot. Lou Will is a 1-way volume scorer who's very hit or miss in playoffs. Shamet is a good shooter but he's tiny.

Raps won with depth of 2-way players and lack of weaknesses. Everyone could shoot and defend at minimum. I don't see that with these Clippers. Very top-heavy and I prefer the LeBron-AD combo because LeBron is an offense by himself and with AD they can pick and roll teams to death. Kawhi-PG is a take-turns setup.
I couldn't read anymore after you said Harrell isn't a playoff player. 👀🤔😂😂😂

Green takes up 15 mil per..I think he signed a 2yr with a option..but a 32 year Danny green on this roster at 15 mil per is not bad.
???

The point was you still, even with Green’s 15M per, don’t have enough assets to flip Beal over to the Lakers. No one has answered that. The ‘3rd team can do it’ angle fails because they need something out of it, at least a draft pick, too. Unless the NBA outright calls for a state of emergency (Lebron unhappiness) and suspends the CBA, I don’t currently see how the Lakers can flip a trade for Beal. They shouldn’t be trying, either. They need some depth.

I’m no Paul George fan, so unfortunately I still think the Lakers are at least even with the Clips. I’m just happy for what seems like a potentially fun, competitive year and 2020 playoffs.

Even if leonard stayed in toronto, people sleeping on the fact that the sixers picked up al horford, lol, that instantly gives the sixers the best and most versatile front court in the league. They were only around a 4 bounce shot away from getting past toronto. Although not having butler is going to cost them.

Advertisement
Yes....I hope when Lebron and the Lakers we’re making their pitch Kwahi was distracted and focusing on a TV with the World Cup in the background. Never forget that Lebron did that to Reilly.

what exactly?

what exactly?
Lebron dragged out his decision till the 11th day of free agency. No s&t, no nothing. Left out of other free agents. We had to do a s&t and gave up a lot in order to give him the contract he wanted (5th year option). Lebron the GM maximized his Cavs while making the Heat worse. Kawhi only lasted till the 6th day and look at how the Lakers are filling in the roster with leftovers.

Advertisement
One of the funniest angles to all this was NBA insider/naked hotel intruder Ryen Russillo trying to spin that Kawhi was probably going to the Lakers.....because Lebron told Kawhi that it could be his team in 2 years....because he's gonna leave and go play wherever his son is.....who is currently 14 years old.

I wonder if Lebron is still planning on teaming up with Bronny in Memphis or Sacramento now?!

NBA "insiders" are often less credible than CIS "sauces".

Russillo was mocking that , he was told that and was being sarcastic. Pretty sure he was giggling as he said it. At least he did on his podcast.

it was famously reported that LBJ wouldn't turn off the world cup while riley and ellisburg made a pitch
He had his mind made up already... he saw an aging Heat and a younger Cavs. He wanted to maximize the roster for his return.

Advertisement
Back