OT....Kawhi and Paul George to the Clippers

East is wide open now. What do you think it will take? Taking Wall's contract and giving up Winslow or Bam is not worth it imo.

Fvck Cuban and the Mavs. Whole city still crying about 06. They were so busy trying to ***** us that they missed out on all their FA targets. Watch him come crawling back to Riley for Dragic. Dragic would have been a good fit for them and Luka even looks up to him.
Miami is in a win now mode. Butler is going to be 30 this season so we need to be doing everything we can to acquire talent

Advertisement
Before Kawhi, making it to the second round was a success in toronto. We Good! NOBODY in the north is upset. We offered everything including a house and free food... He wasn't staying! He even flew back for a meeting when he apparently was already working a deal to get PG13. Cant blame him. I'd rather live in LA too

he got you guys a ring. you take that one year rental no matter what and no matter what team you are. everyone would've made the trade and got you from under the demar deal

Again. Salaries have to match and assets have to be returned to the Wizards. Especially over other offers for Beal. What are these pieces the Lakers have to get Beal?
Especially since you threw your picks to the Pelicans. Is Kuzma really enough?

Advertisement
For handling a guy (PG) who wanted to leave this is a GREAT trade for OKC. Between all the picks, Gallinari is only 30 and averaged around 20 ppg. SGA is only 20 and played really well already. He is going to be a very good player as early as next year (11 ppg as rookie; predict 17-18 ppg this year). He played very well against Golden State in the playoffs. Oh and OKC wasn't going anywhere in their pre-trade PG setup, either.

Kawhi news dropping while Canada is sleeping... cold blooded. Also stringing along Lebron and the Lakers so they'll miss out on some of the better free agents, you love to see it. You know what they say about karma, bron. Remember 2014?
Yes....I hope when Lebron and the Lakers we’re making their pitch Kwahi was distracted and focusing on a TV with the World Cup in the background. Never forget that Lebron did that to Reilly.

I will let the cognoscenti weigh in. Huge night in the NBA.....

Toronto just a wasteland....Mad Max level destruction....

Huh? How so? We have all our assets, good young players in Siakam, OG and Fred, and we're still probably a home court playoff team in the East this year if that's what Masai wants. There's a reason we didn't do the trade for Russ + PG. Clips got absolutely fleeced to be an early exit playoff team - if they even get there with the durability issues of their stars - for a few years before they become the mid 2010s Nets with even fewer assets.

OKC absolutely crushed this offseason. Toronto will be fine and have more opportunities to make stealth moves to reenter contention.

Miami is in a win now mode. Butler is going to be 30 this season so we need to be doing everything we can to acquire talent

lol come on man. Heat are stuck on the treadmill with or without Butler. Giving up assets or signing bad contracts is exactly what put you guys in this current predicament. Miami is a desirable free agent destination if the Heat would just go into asset accumulation mode and free up space.

the clippers are LOADED. they kept their core from last year (mostly) and added two stud two way guys

What core? They have 1 playoff performer in Beverley. Harrell is not a playoff player - doesn't defensive rebound, doesn't guard, can't shoot. Lou Will is a 1-way volume scorer who's very hit or miss in playoffs. Shamet is a good shooter but he's tiny.

Raps won with depth of 2-way players and lack of weaknesses. Everyone could shoot and defend at minimum. I don't see that with these Clippers. Very top-heavy and I prefer the LeBron-AD combo because LeBron is an offense by himself and with AD they can pick and roll teams to death. Kawhi-PG is a take-turns setup.

Advertisement
I like that clippers lineup more than the Lakers.
Shamet is on his way up
Beverly is still a dog
Williams went head up with the Warriors and had them shook
Kawhi is Kawhi
George see above
I love Harrell ... poor man's draymond

Kawhi 1st team with George. George or Kawhi rotate one of them with 2nd team/Williams. Gonna be tough to stop them..
I hope my wizards don't trade Beal to the Lakers... I would rather try and trade Wall.....especially a point guard coming back from an achiles injury who relies on his speed.
The wiz aren’t trading Beal to the lakers. Beal is an all star and the lakers were gutted by e Pelicans for Davis. They have no more assets to make a trade let alone for a stud like Beal.

Green is going to be like the modern Robert Horry.
The guy is just the type of 3- point role player they need to kick out to when everyone is going to be focused on LeBron and AD down low.

Still need to fillout their roster with other role players obviously but I think I will give the edge to them.

But this year I hope my Blazers are the team that rises up and wins it all when all eyes will be on the Super teams.
Sorta like how Dallas won the first year of the Heat LeBron Championship run.

Gonna be interesting to see how the two LA teams round out their lineups:

Lakers:
???/???
Green/Caldwell-Pope
Bron/???
Kuzma/??
Davis/Mcgee

Clippers:
Beverly/Williams
Shamet/Robinson
Kawhi/Mcgruder
George (I guess I'll throw him here, positionless)/Harkless
Harrell/Zubic (?)

Clips have what seem like 3 million wings. Solid depth.
Listening to Stephen A. Smith makes me nauseous.

Stephen A. Smith = super annoying !!

Advertisement
I think they win that battle of LA.

OKC might as well finish blowing it up and trade Russ.

Bradley Beal needs to demand that trade ro Miami.

Miami doesn't have the cap space for Beal, they'd have to trade bam winston and another piece to just have the cap.

Advertisement
I can't wait until the season starts. As a hoops fan, how can you not be excited about the upcoming season? I really wish Durant and Klay were healthy. Now is the time for the front office of my Lakers to earn their keep. I'm not confident. Griffin and/or Jerry West should be a part of this. Smh

Advertisement
Back