OT: Jameson Williams torn ACL

Unfortunately non contact injuries are part of the game and it sucks for him but my sympathy is generally directed towards those career ending injuries like AR82 who will never lace up again. I still remember as a kid when Bo had to hang up the cleats no one spoke much the next day at school. Hope Williams has a full and speedy recovery

Advertisement
Lol, Of course as a fan, you want the guy to play..

You not taking waddle if he blows his knee out in last game, I guaran-****-tee that.. You will say I feel terrible as you cross him off your draft list..
I’m talking about the GM perspective. Let’s say you spend a high pick on a guy who opted out of the CFP. What’s going to happen when you’re relying on that guy in the playoffs, he gets a minor hammy strain and he sits out because he’s about to be a free agent?

Injuries r going to happen, and again, I’ve seen more contactless injuries on these artificial turfs that I’ve ever seen. But like @Zbrod95 said, ACL’s ain’t what they used to be. U got guys coming back fully healthy in 6 months. Akers tore his Achilles in training camp & is coming back. Henry had foot surgery & is coming back. Powell from Clemson tore his ACL in camp & was ready by the beginning of the season.

But, being that injuries r prevalent, I think these kids need assurances & insurance policies for draft eligible players since they are at risk. Jmo. That would help a lot.

Advertisement
I’m talking about the GM perspective. Let’s say you spend a high pick on a guy who opted out of the CFP. What’s going to happen when you’re relying on that guy in the playoffs, he gets a minor hammy strain and he sits out because he’s about to be a free agent?
"Sorry coach, my agent said not to play in the Super Bowl because I can make more money with a crappy team next year as their one and only pro-bowler."
50 cent laughing GIF

Feel bad for the young man. Hope he makes a quick, complete recovery and I have mad respect that he played and didn’t opt out.

He walks off the field in the middle of the game with no shirt in New York?

Oh wait that’s a different story… sorta

Advertisement
That’s why I don’t understand the Jackson state movement like who’s going to want to risk getting hurt playing in fcs games
I made this same point a couple of weeks ago after Travis Hunter committed there and was called a racist.

God Bless the kid & I hope he has a full recovery but Je$u$ Chri$t OP. I thought I read James Williams! I almost ran out the gym! U almost gave me a heart attack! I know their names are spelled different but please put Bama WR in front of it b4 someone on the board kills themselves! JC!😂😂😂😂😂

Injuries are a part of the game.

If a kid wants to opt out of the biggest college game of his life then I don't want him on an NFL team.
Easy to say. But some kids are really poor and the draft could be their last chance to get big money.
I personally wouldn't play, though it would painful to sit it out. Especially if the playoffs are extended to 3 playoff games. Some teams would be playing 16 games, equal to the previous NFL season.

Advertisement
How the **** did O$U let this dude get away
You see what they was running out there?

Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave both projected to go in the first round 3 months from now.

Those two skip the Rose Bowl and Jaxon Smith-Njigba promptly sets the postseason receiving record with 347 yards against Utah,

Suckeyes probably had a more dynamic WR room this season than at least half the teams in the NFL.

I dont see that happen, usually guys are rushing to get back.. TO was doing all type of **** to get back for super bowl and there was always media types writing narratives about him.. You have examples of guys sitting out in playoffs not trying in league? This is kinda the same thing people tried to hold against guy who sat out covid year, Jamarr Chase seemed to ball out to me, idk.. Just seems like some made up narrative that fans want to play gm to force guys to play.. Its alot of money on the line, easy to say when its not you making decision..

As a fan of a team I would want them to play also, I wanted Rousseau to play, wanted to see him, phillips and Roche on that three man rush. We got 6 games out of him but it happens, Im not gonna hold it against him.. Phillips against Louisville had a TE come across and dive at his knee, almost took him out, he limped off field, if that is rousseau, maybe his knee doesnt hold up, **** happens.. Money lost, We not gonna reimburse them..

Advertisement
If you’re a GM you have to take the risk if the guy is talented enough . Imagine not drafting Micah Parsons or Jamarr Chase because they opted out . You’d look like a complete jackass explaining that, especially if you don’t even make the playoffs . On the flip side no one is going to pat you on the back if the guy doesn’t pan out elsewhere.

You see what they was running out there?

Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave both projected to go in the first round 3 months from now.

Those two skip the Rose Bowl and Jaxon Smith-Njigba promptly sets the postseason receiving record with 347 yards against Utah,

Suckeyes probably had a more dynamic WR room this season than at least half the teams in the NFL.

I mentioned it in game thread, OSU got Biletnikoff runner ups sitting on bench and can let bama have em because they stack the talent soooo high.. Dude wasnt even missed and they have two starters sit in rose bowl and Baby Harrison catches 3 TDs and Njigba goes nuclear..

Seeing it live, it looked like an ACL and today it was confirmed. Terrible. Despite my hatred for Bama, I feel horrible for the kid as he's probably going to lose a couple mil by dropping in the first.

So this poses the question: Are more and more elite prospects simply going to sit out CFP and Bowl games to preserve their health and prepare for the draft? It's already happening to a lesser degree, but I think that it's going to become closer to the norm very soon, and honestly, I can't blame any kid who decides to sit out the final game with their future in mind.
I think sitting out is more mental than anything. This could have happened in the sem-final game, or the SEC championship.

When it it happens, people always speculate that the player should have sat out. These things can happen at anytime. It could have happened in his draft preparation.

It's sad, but tragedies happen every day. At least he can come back from his injury.

Tragedies to people like Terrance Clarke can't recover from. Some are fatal.

Advertisement
Back