OT: Jameson Williams torn ACL

Advertisement
Seeing it live, it looked like an ACL and today it was confirmed. Terrible. Despite my hatred for Bama, I feel horrible for the kid as he's probably going to lose a couple mil by dropping in the first.

So this poses the question: Are more and more elite prospects simply going to sit out CFP and Bowl games to preserve their health and prepare for the draft? It's already happening to a lesser degree, but I think that it's going to become closer to the norm very soon, and honestly, I can't blame any kid who decides to sit out the final game with their future in mind.
And miss a title game? Highly unlikely but honestly I would not be shocked.

He’s still gonna be the first WR off the board. ACL injuries aren’t held in the same regard as they used to be.
Yeah after watching guys like Kupp come back looking like it never happened definitely helps. Would be more concerned if it was a RB

Advertisement
Terrible news. Hope he makes it up and more on his next contract and through insurance.

As for the question raised in the OP: if a kid sits out the CFP for fear of getting injured, I wouldn't draft him. That same behavior will resurface when you're paying him in the NFL.
I agree, but don't think the NFL will. Look at players like Antonio Brown...if you've got talent, the NFL will be happy to forgive you anything but abusing a dog.

Advertisement
Hot take: He's a stick figure and will have trouble in the NFL being elite ... skinny Jerry Jeudy will slightly better hands.

Last edited:
Terrible news. Hope he makes it up and more on his next contract and through insurance.

As for the question raised in the OP: if a kid sits out the CFP for fear of getting injured, I wouldn't draft him. That same behavior will resurface when you're paying him in the NFL.
Ill never hold it against players for making a decision like that. That game yesterday produced TONS of money for everyone involved watching the players produce most of it and everyone from coaches getting 8 figures, to announces with their holier than thou scolding players, to fans who want to be entertained to networks who pay billions for tv rights, getting a piece and the players get nada.. all the kid is gonna get is a get well soon and then damaged goods on scouting report..

With the way things are going they are gonna have to start paying these boys, its toooo much money involved.. Its soo much money these schools dont even know what to do with it, mediocre corches are starting to get 8 figure deals.. Aint no making it up on next contract, lol.. It was flushed down, cmon man

Advertisement
Both of their starting receivers tore their ACL’s? Didn’t Metchie also tear an ACL in the SEC championship game?

Every additional game that is added in football, college or pro or high school, increases the possibility of a serious injury. Everyone wants more games as it is more entertainment and money for all, but this is the downside. More games=more injuries. Such is life.

Ill never hold it against players for making a decision like that. That game yesterday produced TONS of money for everyone involved watching the players produce most of it and everyone from coaches getting 8 figures, to announces with their holier than thou scolding players, to fans who want to be entertained to networks who pay billions for tv rights, getting a piece and the players get nada.. all the kid is gonna get is a get well soon and then damaged goods on scouting report..

With the way things are going they are gonna have to start paying these boys, its toooo much money involved.. Its soo much money these schools dont even know what to do with it, mediocre corches are starting to get 8 figure deals.. Aint no making it up on next contract, lol.. It was flushed down, cmon man
I don’t hold it against them morally or anything. But I’m not betting on that player to help my NFL team win games.

Give me Jaylen Waddle.

Advertisement
I don’t hold it against them morally. But I’m not betting on that player to help my NFL team win games.

Give me Jaylen Waddle.
Lol, Of course as a fan, you want the guy to play..

You not taking waddle if he blows his knee out in last game, I guaran-****-tee that.. You will say I feel terrible as you cross him off your draft list..

Facts

If u can't play in a title game for risk of draft fuq off. I'm sure mcgahee would still play vs OSU even if he knew the future dude has no regrets true baller

Advertisement
Back