OT: Jameson Williams torn ACL

Advertisement
And we just keep adding games with an 8 or 12 team playoff? At what point are we asking college kids to play too many games
12 regular seasons games
Conference championship game
3 rounds of playoff once expansion happens, and possibly 4
So to win the NC, a college player is playing 16/17 games?

NFL is 17 regular season and up to 4 games if a wild card team reaches the Super Bowl
21 games?

Football is a collision sport. That’s a lot of car accidents. And ultimately a lot of CTE.

College has **** 85 schollies n most of these big state schools have a bunch of walk ons.

How bout play your kids. More games aint an issue at all.

College has **** 85 schollies n most of these big state schools have a bunch of walk ons.

How bout play your kids. More games aint an issue at all.
It's not an issue for anyone's health except the people playing. Every game of football a person plays takes a toll on that body and brain. It concerns me that for the sake of money no one is discussing this issue.
I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan since 1975. But when I look back at the carnage of CTE on their offensive linemen from the 1970's and how Hall of Famer Mike Webster died homeless I feel guilty for cheering his toughness. Or how Junior Seau died, and the list goes on. I know these guys all knowingly accept their fate (at least now it is knowingly) but that does not mean as a fan I have no emotions connected to their likely fate.
Now maybe it would be easier to not think about what we are cheering for, but that would make me less human

Advertisement
It's not an issue for anyone's health except the people playing. Every game of football a person plays takes a toll on that body and brain. It concerns me that for the sake of money no one is discussing this issue.
I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan since 1975. But when I look back at the carnage of CTE on their offensive linemen from the 1970's and how Hall of Famer Mike Webster died homeless I feel guilty for cheering his toughness. Or how Junior Seau died, and the list goes on. I know these guys all knowingly accept their fate (at least now it is knowingly) but that does not mean as a fan I have no emotions connected to their likely fate.
Now maybe it would be easier to not think about what we are cheering for, but that would make me less human

i played ol for 6-7 years from hs to college.

I signed up for it. It sknown..we love the game.

This is the TOTAL DIFFERENCE WHEN ppl say there is a difference in a s.fla DOG and the rest of the country. Us from we are kids will suit up n play any where , any time, any day...in a **** hurricane , tornado is what we do.

One or 2 more games ISNT/SHOULDNT be an issue when you have 85 **** players..some teams with **** near 100..when there is only 11 on the field at a time.

Also lost my college Coach...Andre Waters. But just saying CTE being the problem is basically a cop out. For example folks are saying Antonio Brown has CTE from when he got knocked out....not knowing that dude has been acting like this since Miami Norland High School and obviously has a medical diagnosis (likely bi polar disorder). The same they painted the brush with Mark Walton...CTE , CTE has become like the SEC, SEC, chant.

i played ol for 6-7 years from hs to college.

I signed up for it. It sknown..we love the game.

This is the TOTAL DIFFERENCE WHEN ppl say there is a difference in a s.fla DOG and the rest of the country. Us from we are kids will suit up n play any where , any time, any day...in a **** hurricane , tornado is what we do.

One or 2 more games ISNT/SHOULDNT be an issue when you have 85 **** players..some teams with **** near 100..when there is only 11 on the field at a time.

Also lost my college Coach...Andre Waters. But just saying CTE being the problem is basically a cop out. For example folks are saying Antonio Brown has CTE from when he got knocked out....not knowing that dude has been acting like this since Miami Norland High School and obviously has a medical diagnosis (likely bi polar disorder). The same they painted the brush with Mark Walton...CTE , CTE has become like the SEC, SEC, chant.
But think about your coach. For those of us old enough we remember how much praise Andre Waters receivers every day for being an enforcer for the Eagles, which he was. But he effectively sacrificed his life for the sport and money, and died far too young. All I am saying is that sometimes gladiators need to be saved from themselves because by the time they realize the sacrifice they have made, it is too late. Waters died at 45 years old and the autopsy revealed the brain of an 85 year old.
For all the money he made, which was not nearly enough because of when he played, I can guarantee Waters and his loved ones would have traded it all for a longer life.

There is no “right“ answer to this issue and I’ll be the first one cheering on the Canes three 2 or 3 rounds of the playoffs. But this issue will never stop bothering me, and probably more and more the older I become.

Pickens will be the first off the board. It’s not even close.
1 Pickens

2 whom ever
He should be but I actually think he will drop a bit further below Burks and Olave cause NFL. But these things are fluid if he smashes it from now to the Draft.

But I wont look at receivers this draft cause New England wont draft (a good) one anyway...

Advertisement
He should be but I actually think he will drop a bit further below Burks and Olave cause NFL. But these things are fluid if he smashes it from now to the Draft.

But I wont look at receivers this draft cause New England wont draft (a good) one anyway...
I’d be shocked if he’s not the clear number one heading into the draft. He’s the best WR I’ve seen personally in over a decade. Since his freshman year at Hover and his early days on Cam’s 7on7 he’s… I have no words. I personally would rate him up there with our Andre Johnson or Pitt’s Calvin Johnson. Speechless I’m aware that I’m putting myself out there on this one. He’s that good… he’ll be an All Pro and if he stays healthy, the sky’s the limit. Imho

I’d be shocked if he’s not the clear number one heading into the draft. He’s the best WR I’ve seen personally in over a decade. Since his freshman year at Hover and his early days on Cam’s 7on7 he’s… I have no words. I personally would rate him up there with our Andre Johnson or Pitt’s Calvin Johnson. Speechless I’m aware that I’m putting myself out there on this one. He’s that good… he’ll be an All Pro and if he stays healthy, the sky’s the limit. Imho
I agree.

His HS film was absurd and I remember when some said he was a silent to here.

He's absolutely absurd and if UGA had better QB play, he would look even better.

Oh, I know. Sky is the limit. But the NFL is weird in that case, everyone thought Jerry Jeudy was the safest thing ever and then he fell because someone went "His knees do not look stable". ***** weird.

I agree.

His HS film was absurd and I remember when some said he was a silent to here.

He's absolutely absurd and if UGA had better QB play, he would look even better.
Without getting crazy… he was interested in Miami. After Jadon de-committed, UGA went all in on him. We never had a shot. The night before he committed there was an all out bidding war. We weren’t involved. A layup for Kirby

Advertisement
Advertisement
Without getting crazy… he was interested in Miami. After Jadon de-committed, UGA went all in on him. We never had a shot. The night before he committed there was an all out bidding war. We weren’t involved. A layup for Kirby

I remember his signing day. Didn’t he disappear for a bit before his scheduled time to announce? Everyone could see that the bidding was going up. Some said he was even a silent to Miami at one point.

Then was is the appropriate number of games that should be played in a season?

I remember his signing day. Didn’t he disappear for a bit before his scheduled time to announce? Everyone could see that the bidding was going up. Some said he was even a silent to Miami at one point.
He was never a silent. He was interested in Miami and we did talk. I personally think it wasn’t ever real. We just helped create uncertainty between the vested

I'm actually really hoping Olave falls to my Eagles at 15. Would be a great #2 opposite DeVante.
Reading for the first time draft projections, it looks like Pickens won’t be getting his full value imho. Can’t blame a kid for moving on to the league when he can, but maybe another year would have benefited him financially

Advertisement
Back