OT: Jameson Williams torn ACL

Advertisement
Easy to say. But some kids are really poor and the draft could be their last chance to get big money.

Exactly, none of these "fans" are gonna get my family out of poverty if I get injured.

That field was a mess when Coop got hurt.

Yeah, I was there, that place was a dump. I was also there for Wrestlemania XXIV, got grazed by fireworks LOL.

Advertisement
I don’t think the NFL looks poorly on opting out of a ‘meaningless’ bowl game but might question missing a CFP or NC game. Maybe not, but I’d question the player’s desire to win and if he were just a ‘paycheck player’. What’s next?

Yeah, I know it’s easy for me to post this without being in the same position.

Seeing it live, it looked like an ACL and today it was confirmed. Terrible. Despite my hatred for Bama, I feel horrible for the kid as he's probably going to lose a couple mil by dropping in the first.

So this poses the question: Are more and more elite prospects simply going to sit out CFP and Bowl games to preserve their health and prepare for the draft? It's already happening to a lesser degree, but I think that it's going to become closer to the norm very soon, and honestly, I can't blame any kid who decides to sit out the final game with their future in mind.
Complete bummer. I’m an instant fan of this young man and will root hard for his return.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Sorry coach, my agent said not to play in the Super Bowl because I can make more money with a crappy team next year as their one and only pro-bowler."
50 cent laughing GIF
After winning two super bowls in New England with the Patriots pro bowl guard Damien Woody, set to be a free agent that year, told Bill Belichek that his family can't eat rings before signing with the winless Detroit Lions.

Being able to take care of your family for generations to come means you're a champion in the biggest game you can play in, life.

We're fans so the way we see things are jaded.

Last edited:
The NCAA using its riches to protect/benefit student-athletes? Surely you jest...
Haha. So true. They better wise up quick. These kids are their meal ticket and its already slipping away. Wonder iif they can do some sort of blanket insurance policy for career ending injuries even if its not a draft eligible player.

You could literally see the ligament tear away from the bone when they showed the slow motion replay. Feel terrible for the kid regardless of who he plays for. He was playing hard and giving it his all.

Advertisement
The #1 priority of a Strength Coach is injury prevention. This isn’t up for debate.

Strength Coaches are now having to work with athletes whom are pulling in literally 9-figure contracts + endorsements (Mahomes, Mike Trout, Lebron). It doesn’t matter how explosive, strong, or conditioned an athlete is: If you hurt them, they don’t play. And if they don’t play, the organization is losing games, fans, and money.

Football is a contact sport. There isn’t much a coach can do when a player gets wrapped up or tackled in an awkward position that tears a ligament – it’s unfortunate but part of the game. However, non-contact injury is a huge deal and something the Strength Coach is directly responsible for. A Strength Coach who doesn’t correctly train athletes in multiple planes of motion, program considerably for calf/hamstring development, knee stability, etc. will have athletes whom have injuries from planting (quickly decelerating à accelerating) and needs to be corrected.

I’m looking to see if the coach’s teams have a history of non-contact ACL tears or other preventative injuries.
^ My comments from back in November.

Bama's WR1 and WR2 out with the same non-contact ACL injury. Bama was plagued with "lower limb" injuries all season, and when your best players can't play in the most important games, you lose. If Metchie and/or Williams are able to play and compete for the entirety of that game, I have no doubt Bama comes away with the win.

At some point it's not "bad luck." Just because someone is at Bama doesn't mean they're the best.

^ My comments from back in November.

Bama's WR1 and WR2 out with the same non-contact ACL injury. Bama was plagued with "lower limb" injuries all season, and when your best players can't play in the most important games, you lose. If Metchie and/or Williams are able to play and compete for the entirety of that game, I have no doubt Bama comes away with the win.

At some point it's not "bad luck." Just because someone is at Bama doesn't mean they're the best.
Any data on our new guy's history with non-contact injuries?

Advertisement
Back