OT: Golovkin or Canelo on Saturday?

Spinks, Tucker, and Ruddock were all great fighters. Tyson single handedly ended their careers. You could say the same thing for most fighters after the mid 70s. The only recent situation that could be compared to what the old school guys did was the super 6 tournament in which Andre Ward dominated.

Nobody believes they were great fighters , come on man

Advertisement
Nobody believes they were great fighters , come on man

That is certainly not true. If you were to go to any pro boxing coach and mention those 3 fighters. They will tell you they are great. Prior to fighting tyson they were all considered legit contenders. Spinks was an undefeated gold medalist who destroyed everyone he fought ffs.

Spinks, Tucker, and Ruddock were all great fighters. Tyson single handedly ended their careers. You could say the same thing for most fighters after the mid 70s. The only recent situation that could be compared to what the old school guys did was the super 6 tournament in which Andre Ward dominated.

The thing is once Buster ko’d Mike it was all over , the luster/ invincibility ended. He had a bully mentality in the ring , and when he lost the “ Ive won before I even stepped in the ring “ affect he was finished.

Then the heavyweights got bigger and even more talented ( Lewis & Evander).

Mix that with not being scared of him anymore ,his career was done. Regardless of prison or not.

And this is coming from a huge Tyson fan , but it’s just facts . He was a one trick pony, that eventually got exposed.

The thing is once Buster ko’d Mike it was all over , the luster/ invincibility ended. He had a bully mentality in the ring , and when he lost the “ Ive won before I even stepped in the ring “ affect he was finished.

Then the heavyweights got bigger and even more talented ( Lewis & Evander).

Mix that with not being scared of him anymore ,his career was done. Regardless of prison or not.

And this is coming from a huge Tyson fan , but it’s just facts . He was a one trick pony, that eventually got exposed.

I am not a Tyson fan. I hate all the overhype he gets from people that don't know **** about boxing. Lots of people put him as number 1 or 2(ali) as one because they are the only 2 fighters they have heard of. These are the same guys that put Mayweather as the GOAT now. However, to say he never beat anyone with a pulse is laughable. Also, in his defense he is probably the most gifted boxer of all time. He is like the Allen Iverson of boxing. If he trained more and got his head straight he could have been the GOAT. He beat both Ruddock and Bruno after his loss to Buster. He didn't beat guys because they thought he was invicible. He beat guys because he was unbelievably fast for a HW and great reflexes for a HW. The guy was like the Pernell Whitaker of the HW division. The HWs did not get bigger or more talented. Tyson fought guys over 6'5 in his career and there were tons of very tall HWs even as far back as the 30s. He was not a 1 trick pony either. What would you say his one trick is? The guy had an awesome defense. Great counter punching. Incredible punching speed. He is one of the fastest HWs of all time and one of the best defensively. His power is not even in the top 20 HWs if that is what you are getting at. Tyson faded quickly. Like all fighters that rely on speed. RJJ is another example. Naseem Hamed, Zab Judah, Paulie Malignaggi. Speed is the first thing to go. That is why speedsters have short careers. And guys who are just technicians like Mayweather and bernard Hopkins have very long careers. Tyson never got exposed. He just slowed down.

Advertisement
GGG gets the KO in the 9th round.

I'm a huge combat sports fans, I like both Boxing & MMA, but tbh Boxing has been a let down to me.

There's a lot of great fighters who just build up their resumes by fighting nobodies & the fights we all wanna see just never happen.

The fact Anthony Joshua is fighting another old man soup can next week is disappointing. Idk why people hype him up, imo he's just a scary *** magazine model not a real fighter.

And I look forward to Terrence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez, but eventually we gotta see Spence get smoke with Crawford or Shawn Porter. And Regis Prograis gotta get some big fights too.

I like the Charlo twins, they're the future of Middleweight imo.
The bold portion is spot on. I've pretty much given up boxing since Paquiao's age and weight caught up to him. That dude fought everybody. He didn't pad his record against a bunch of nobodies. He took on the best of the best in eight weight divisions and sent many other greats to the retirement home. M.A. Barerro, Eric Morales, Oscar, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Hatton...

That said...Julio Caesar Chavez is the best P4P there ever was. You want to see a real fight? Look up JC Chavez vs. Meldric Taylor. Quite possibly the greatest fight I've ever watched. Chavez the puncher at 68-0 (55 KO) vs Meldric Taylor the boxer at 24-0 (14 KO) in a title unification bout.

GGG. The Mexi-ginger's lack of a soul finally catches up to him.

I'm personally just glad that the non-football combat sport talk around here no longer includes women's mma. That little Rousey era of ***aloonery was an embarrassment to the entire male gender.

Advertisement
I'd take Mikey Garcia over Loma all day.

Loma is overrated to me, I think he's got great punching power & footwork but he's talked about as if he's the greatest ever & I just don't see it.

Now Spence & Mikey is a very interesting matchup, Idk if Mikey could deal with Spence's speed & power, he's takes punishment in his fights, not a great defender.

Crawford beats them all. Too slick for Errol, too mean for Mikey and too big/skilled for Loma.

1536931357083.png

Lol @ people saying GGG will slow down but Canelo won't. Canelo's conditioning is not up to par with GGG's. That was clear as day in the first fight. Then I see people saying that Canelo won't be fighting off the ropes this fight, what makes you think that? GGG is a master at cutting off the ring on guys. Canelo will be pummelled by GGG again but won't be saved by corrupt judges this time around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Canello

Anyone hearing confirmation of Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsen in MSG on the Diaz v Poirier card? Will be sick night of fights. They just added Rockhold v Weidman too.
@JBCanes-NC

Haven’t heard about Jones vs Alexander. Would be about **** time the UFC put on a goodnight card.

Advertisement
Tommy's sons are boxing now. Trey and Kenzie both undefeated heavyweights in the Midwest. I used to work with them at the gym. Now Trey is back with Freddie Roach.

Advertisement
Back