OT: Golovkin or Canelo on Saturday?

Advertisement
Puerto Rican boxers are nowhere near as good as Mexicans. You got Carlos Ortiz, Felix Trinidad, Wiflredo Gomez, Wilfred Bentiz, and that is it as far as ATG. Cotto, Camacho, Calderon, De Jesus, etc. are not on ATG level. Mexicans have dozens of ATGs. Cubans on the other hand like you said you really cant count them. Olympic boxing is way different than the pros. Tons of guys are elite amateurs and just don't have the chin, cardio, punching power, etc. to be elite pros. Cubans knew they weren't going pro so they trained to be elite at the olympics where as american and other country pros trained to be pro boxers and just did the olympics in order to jump start their career. Pro and olympic boxing is almost like 2 different sports. If you took some of the top american or Mexican fighters and trained them from childhood to be olympic fighters and didn't waste time on sparring many rounds and instead just trained them to go balls to the wall for a few rounds. Then made them fighter in the olympics until they were 40 years old instead of sending 19 year olds they would have had a lot more medals as well. Look at Guillermo Rigondeaux once he was allowed to go pro. He is nowhere near as dominant as people made him out to be. They had some great old school fighters like kid chocolate and kid gavilan, but if you took the best cubans of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s and threw them in a pro ring they would not have been dominant.

Stopped reading after I didn't see Duran as an all time great.. The best lightweight ever.

Hahah appreciate it bro. I have been a huge boxing fan since I was a kid and competed back in NYC up until I got to college. Boxing is and always will be my favorite sport. MMA and football are number 2 though.
It's pretty obvious you know your stuff. I've been a fan all my life. Boxing and baseball have a special spot in my heart. As far as MMA that Richard Head @JBCanes-NC and @Ecush ECu really know their stuff.

Advertisement
It's pretty obvious you know your stuff. I've been a fan all my life. Boxing and baseball have a special spot in my heart. As far as MMA that Richard Head @JBCanes-NC and @Ecush ECu really know their stuff.

Appreciate it bro. You know your **** to from what I have seen you post in this thread. I like baseball too lol, but its behind football and MMA. Boxing will always be my favorite sport though.

Appreciate it bro. You know your **** to from what I have seen you post in this thread. I like baseball too lol, but its behind football and MMA. Boxing will always be my favorite sport though.
The sweet science. No BS for a second . You think Mikey Garcia can make that jump up to fight Spence ?

I'll admit even that Richard Mouff @JBCanes-NC is a Mikey fan.

Advertisement
GGG gets the KO in the 9th round.

I'm a huge combat sports fans, I like both Boxing & MMA, but tbh Boxing has been a let down to me.

There's a lot of great fighters who just build up their resumes by fighting nobodies & the fights we all wanna see just never happen.

The fact Anthony Joshua is fighting another old man soup can next week is disappointing. Idk why people hype him up, imo he's just a scary *** magazine model not a real fighter.

And I look forward to Terrence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez, but eventually we gotta see Spence get smoke with Crawford or Shawn Porter. And Regis Prograis gotta get some big fights too.

I like the Charlo twins, they're the future of Middleweight imo.

Did you really ask that question??? **** no he can make the jump to Spence.. Mikey and Lamochenko need to get it on..
Thing is Mikey seems dead set on moving up to fight Spence.

If he was to fight Loma, who wins ? I'd take Mikey.

Advertisement
GGG needs a KO 'cus Oscar's not gonna stop with buying just one judge this time. Hoping he can do it.

Who did Tommy beat? Tyson also ruined guys careers. He fought a lot of good up and comers who he just destroyed and the fighters were never the same again. Blood Green is one of those people. I am not one of the tyson suckers who thinks hes the best ever, but with the right training and the right mindset he could have been an ATG.

Thanks for answering my question. NO ONE.

To be fair, some of it was not his fault. A lot of it was a relatively weak heavyweight division. Some of it was because of his handlers, or lack thereof.

I blame Don King just as much as anyone.

In my opinion, Tyson was one of the biggest wastes of talent to have stepped in the ring. I look at Tyson and get irritated at what could've been.

Funnily enough, Tommy Morrison beat an aged George Foreman, so he and Tyson have something in common.

It would be an interesting fight. Anytime Tyson faced prime elite compeition, he got beat. So did Tommy.

If Morrison stays on the outside and had a game plan similar to Buster Douglas, I think it would've been a close fight.

Have one of the best referees in Mitch Halpern, and it would be a great, great fight.

Another great fight would be Smokin' Joe Frazier vs. Tyson, but I think Tyson would get knocked out in the fifth or sixth round.

Thing is Mikey seems dead set on moving up to fight Spence.

If he was to fight Loma, who wins ? I'd take Mikey.

I don't know, I just want to see it.. I like both of them.. Mikey didn't look all that great vs Broner at 140... He can't fade Spence..

Advertisement
Brother , I was a huge Tito fan. I have nothing but respect for the boricuas.

That's a fight where @JBCanes-NC swore up and down his boy the cross dresser would dominate and then he cried foul when Tito won a decision he earned.
Hoya should of never ran he had that fight he just turned to a bytch and thats what lost it and rightfully so.

Advertisement
Back