OT: Golovkin or Canelo on Saturday?

The sweet science. No BS for a second . You think Mikey Garcia can make that jump up to fight Spence ?

I'll admit even that Richard Mouff @JBCanes-NC is a Mikey fan.

Its going to be tough since Mikey has already moved up a few weight classes before and he is naturally a small guy. He already lost a good bit of power when he made his last jump. His punches just didn't sting his opponents like they did before and you can see it took a lot more punches for his opponent to start getting rocked where as before he would often rock guys with just a cross. Errol on the other hand has to cut to make weight and hits like a tank for this class. The thing is Mikey is a beast and definitely one of the top 10 p4p fighters right now so I would never count him out. I think p4p Mikey is better then Errol, but we will see how well he does making that jump. Errol is up there too. Don't get me wrong I would put him in the top 15 MAYBE like 9 or 10, but definitely top 15. If I was to put money up I would put it on errol, but I wouldn't be confident enough to put it on him because you can never count out a beast like Mikey. Mikey is elite enough to find away to win and I think his chin will hold up well in this weight class.

Advertisement
Thing is Mikey seems dead set on moving up to fight Spence.

If he was to fight Loma, who wins ? I'd take Mikey.
I'd take Mikey Garcia over Loma all day.

Loma is overrated to me, I think he's got great punching power & footwork but he's talked about as if he's the greatest ever & I just don't see it.

Now Spence & Mikey is a very interesting matchup, Idk if Mikey could deal with Spence's speed & power, he's takes punishment in his fights, not a great defender.

Puerto Rican boxers are nowhere near as good as Mexicans. You got Carlos Ortiz, Felix Trinidad, Wiflredo Gomez, Wilfred Bentiz, and that is it as far as ATG. Cotto, Camacho, Calderon, De Jesus, etc. are not on ATG level. Mexicans have dozens of ATGs. Cubans on the other hand like you said you really cant count them. Olympic boxing is way different than the pros. Tons of guys are elite amateurs and just don't have the chin, cardio, punching power, etc. to be elite pros. Cubans knew they weren't going pro so they trained to be elite at the olympics where as american and other country pros trained to be pro boxers and just did the olympics in order to jump start their career. Pro and olympic boxing is almost like 2 different sports. If you took some of the top american or Mexican fighters and trained them from childhood to be olympic fighters and didn't waste time on sparring many rounds and instead just trained them to go balls to the wall for a few rounds. Then made them fighter in the olympics until they were 40 years old instead of sending 19 year olds they would have had a lot more medals as well. Look at Guillermo Rigondeaux once he was allowed to go pro. He is nowhere near as dominant as people made him out to be. They had some great old school fighters like kid chocolate and kid gavilan, but if you took the best cubans of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s and threw them in a pro ring they would not have been dominant.
Got to agree with this, I think PR gets credit for having great fighters for such a small island. Like the population ratio to great fighter I think is the highest of any in the world.

Hahah appreciate it bro. I have been a huge boxing fan since I was a kid and competed back in NYC up until I got to college. Boxing is and always will be my favorite sport. MMA and football are number 2 though.
**** u like boxing too my ni99a u def from the area lol, I missed the DSG SP fight. Doesnt matter Spence about to murk that whole div.

I'd take Mikey Garcia over Loma all day.

Loma is overrated to me, I think he's got great punching power & footwork but he's talked about as if he's the greatest ever & I just don't see it.

Now Spence & Mikey is a very interesting matchup, Idk if Mikey could deal with Spence's speed & power, he's takes punishment in his fights, not a great defender.
Loma gets hit way too much, if he keeps moving up he will get slept. I called that Linares would at least knock him down once but Loma would dominate. I think Mikey can tag him because of his footwork as well its just as good as Loma or a level below.

Advertisement
Loma gets hit way too much, if he keeps moving up he will get slept. I called that Linares would at least knock him down once but Loma would dominate. I think Mikey can tag him because of his footwork as well its just as good as Loma or a level below.
Agreed, I think most of 135lbs isn't as great as Mikey, it's not that strong of a division, I wanna see Gervonta move up.

What you think of Regis? He talks big sh*t but I don't think he could beat any of the bigger Welterweights like Spence, Crawford or Porter.

Thanks for answering my question. NO ONE.

To be fair, some of it was not his fault. A lot of it was a relatively weak heavyweight division. Some of it was because of his handlers, or lack thereof.

I blame Don King just as much as anyone.

In my opinion, Tyson was one of the biggest wastes of talent to have stepped in the ring. I look at Tyson and get irritated at what could've been.

Funnily enough, Tommy Morrison beat an aged George Foreman, so he and Tyson have something in common.

It would be an interesting fight. Anytime Tyson faced prime elite compeition, he got beat. So did Tommy.

If Morrison stays on the outside and had a game plan similar to Buster Douglas, I think it would've been a close fight.

Have one of the best referees in Mitch Halpern, and it would be a great, great fight.

Another great fight would be Smokin' Joe Frazier vs. Tyson, but I think Tyson would get knocked out in the fifth or sixth round.

But the point was that Tyson would still obliterate Tommy who also fought no one. Also, Tyson really didn't fight nobody. he fought Spinks, Tucker, Ruddock. Also Bruno and Williams were both very good heavyweights. The only fighter he lost to in his prime was Holyfield. Buster Douglas you really can't count. even if you disregard the long 10 count. So much **** happened before that fight that stressed tyson mental. That he was only a shell of himself in that fight. The point I was making before is. I'm not sure how close you follow boxing, but often times people get their "chin cracked". Guys with granite chins like Aturo Gatti after to many shots their ability to absorb punishment decreases. Look at Gatti pre Manfredy and post. The guy was never the same after Manfredy. A lot of the guys Tyson fought would have been big name fighters if they didn't take all of that punishment from Tyson. George Foreman used to do the same thing to guys as did Sonny Liston. Julian Jackson is another person that used to change fighters after they fought him. Spinks, tucker, and Ruddock in particular where all great fighters prior to fighting Tyson, but after the bludgeoning he gave them they never were able to fight like they did before.

Got to agree with this, I think PR gets credit for having great fighters for such a small island. Like the population ratio to great fighter I think is the highest of any in the world.

Facts for sure. Puerto Rico pumps out a lot of pros considering they are like 1/100th the size of mexico. per capita they are elite.

Advertisement
**** u like boxing too my ni99a u def from the area lol, I missed the DSG SP fight. Doesnt matter Spence about to murk that whole div.

Hahaha you already know my guy. Ya spence is a straight beast. Porter is great too. Garcia is great too, but its just so weird the way hes such a daddys boy and the fact that his dad does the talking for him lmao. I think Spence is better than both of them though like you said.

Agreed, I think most of 135lbs isn't as great as Mikey, it's not that strong of a division, I wanna see Gervonta move up.

What you think of Regis? He talks big sh*t but I don't think he could beat any of the bigger Welterweights like Spence, Crawford or Porter.
I dont think Crawford has fought anybody I have to agree with Spence, I think he signed with HBO cause if he came to ST Spence would body his ***. Gervonta I dont know if he can sustain that power if he moves up and he be balloonin up when hes not fighting. Regis better chill with the bigger guys, I just think its Spence and the rest hes just on another level. With Errol his greatest strength is one of Floyds strengths that I havent seen till ES......STAMINA.....he does not get tired its why he gave FM all he can handle in sparring.

For Loma I expected a guy with such an elite amteur pedigree to be much better at avoiding punishment, but the thing you got to remember about him is that he only had 12 fights so far. Most guys after 12 fights are still fighting tomato cans for 6-8 rounds. Lomanchenkos first fight was for an international belt .

But the point was that Tyson would still obliterate Tommy who also fought no one. Also, Tyson really didn't fight nobody. he fought Spinks, Tucker, Ruddock. Also Bruno and Williams were both very good heavyweights. The only fighter he lost to in his prime was Holyfield. Buster Douglas you really can't count. even if you disregard the long 10 count. So much **** happened before that fight that stressed tyson mental. That he was only a shell of himself in that fight. The point I was making before is. I'm not sure how close you follow boxing, but often times people get their "chin cracked".

Buster Douglas you *can* count. Because Tyson was getting his *** whipped before the knockdown, and he got his *** whipped after the knockdown. Douglas was staying down for the duration of most of the count for rest (he pounded his fist in frustration when Tyson caught him with that uppercut) As for Tyson having mental stress, Douglas' mother DIED right before the fight.

Buster won, but you are right; Tyson beat Tyson.

What Buster showed the world was how to beat Tyson. Lennox Lewis was a better version of Douglas and did the exact same thing.

I havent watched boxing religously in years. For me, its pretty much a dead sport and Don King helped kill it.

Used to train MMA before I worked 80 hours a week truck driving. Loved the fight game ever since I was a kid.

Watched Gatti/Ward I, Morales v. Barrera, watched Rahman upset Lewis with the KO.

Also watched fights before my time.

Imo, best fight I've ever watched was Thrilla. It was more than a fight. It was a brutal, grueling piece of art. Two men nearly beat each other to death in a 100 degree arena. I can still tear up a bit when Futch threw the towel in, despite the fight being nearly even on the scorecards.

Both men were hollow shells of themselves after that fight.

Advertisement
Buster Douglas you *can* count. Because Tyson was getting his *** whipped before the knockdown, and he got his *** whipped after the knockdown. Douglas was staying down for the duration of most of the count for rest (he pounded his fist in frustration when Tyson caught him with that uppercut) As for Tyson having mental stress, Douglas' mother DIED right before the fight.

Buster won, but you are right; Tyson beat Tyson.

What Buster showed the world was how to beat Tyson. Lennox Lewis was a better version of Douglas and did the exact same thing.

I havent watched boxing religously in years. For me, its pretty much a dead sport and Don King helped kill it.

Used to train MMA before I worked 80 hours a week truck driving. Loved the fight game ever since I was a kid.

Watched Gatti/Ward I, Morales v. Barrera, watched Rahman upset Lewis with the KO.

Also watched fights before my time.

Imo, best fight I've ever watched was Thrilla. It was more than a fight. It was a brutal, grueling piece of art. Two men nearly beat each other to death in a 100 degree arena. I can still tear up a bit when Futch threw the towel in, despite the fight being nearly even on the scorecards.

Both men were hollow shells of themselves after that fight.

Douglas was literally down for 10 seconds. Buster did not show the template for how to beat Tyson. Tyson was just a shell of himself. If he fought buster a year earlier Buster would have gotten obliterated. Tyson was never the same after the douglas fight either. He lacked the defensive skill that he showed in his earlier fights a long with the speed. Neither Douglas, Holyfield, or Lewis fought with similar styles. Busters mother dying is not the same as Tysons troubles. Buster is clearly the type that thrived off of the loss of his mother. You see it all the time in football. Some players perform better after their parents pass away to show out for them. Some curl up and suck after. It just depends on the person. The thing with Tyson as well is he was very fast. That was his skill. YOu rarely see fighters that rely on speed to perform well in their 30s. Just look at RJJ. Speed is the first thing you lose as a boxer. It hurts even more as a heavyweight becuase you will be forced to take a lot of punishment. Even lighter fast guys like Malignaggi/Judah/Naseem Hamed/etc once their speed left them their career decline quickly. It is hard to maintain speed like that when you are over 200 pounds like Tyson. The point I was making before was not to see if you watch fights, but to see if you understood the whole chin cracking thing. Often times when you get obliterated in a fight it can completely change a fighter. That is why all of the great fighters Tyson beat ended up being nobodies. If they never fought Tyson they would have been very good fighters. You don't see chins getting cracked often in MMA because the guys don't hit nearly as hard and you usually don't sustain as many hits over a single fight. You do see it often in K1 though. However take a look at Mark Hunt. In the beggining of his career he was able to shrug off Cro Cop round house kicks. Later in his career his chin is just a shell of what it used to be.

Well Ggg won the first fight , but typical boxing fashion had to get a second or third fight. Ggg wins again, this time the judges actually pull their heads from their asses

Advertisement
Mike Tyson beat up on majority hairy back white guys that were mentally beaten before the fight.

Dude was literally piling up tomato cans every month lol. I’m pretty sure he even had a fight three weeks apart.

Don king was just feeding him trash to get w’s , and get the title shot with an “impressive “ record.

Dude literally beat nobody. And that’s real.

Last edited:
Mike Tyson beat up on majority hairy back white guys that were mentally beaten before the fight.

Dude was literally piling up tomato cans every month lol.

If his resume was in the bcs he’d been a mid major.

This is not basketball. There are a lot of great white boxers. Historically and currently.

This is not basketball. There are a lot of great white boxers. Historically and currently.

Yeah, Tyson just didn’t fight any greats. White or black.

Best opponent ? Old , fat , washed up Holmes ? Michael Spinks ?

Lmao. Then all the hairy back white guys.

Yeah, Tyson just didn’t fight any greats. White or black.

Spinks, Tucker, and Ruddock were all great fighters. Tyson single handedly ended their careers. You could say the same thing for most fighters after the mid 70s. The only recent situation that could be compared to what the old school guys did was the super 6 tournament in which Andre Ward dominated.

Advertisement
Back