OT: Golovkin or Canelo on Saturday?

The bold portion is spot on. I've pretty much given up boxing since Paquiao's age and weight caught up to him. That dude fought everybody. He didn't pad his record against a bunch of nobodies. He took on the best of the best in eight weight divisions and sent many other greats to the retirement home. M.A. Barerro, Eric Morales, Oscar, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Hatton...

That said...Julio Caesar Chavez is the best P4P there ever was. You want to see a real fight? Look up JC Chavez vs. Meldric Taylor. Quite possibly the greatest fight I've ever watched. Chavez the puncher at 68-0 (55 KO) vs Meldric Taylor the boxer at 24-0 (14 KO) in a title unification bout.

He is 100% not the best of all time. I would probably put him in the top 15-20, but definetly not in the top 10. Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest. Leonard is also above JCC. Greb, Armstrong, Duran, pep, Lanford, Whitaker, Ezzard Charles, Ali, Louis and there are more who I can't think of off the top of my head.

Advertisement
He is 100% not the best of all time. I would probably put him in the top 15-20, but definetly not in the top 10. Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest. Leonard is also above JCC. Greb, Armstrong, Duran, pep, Lanford, Whitaker, Ezzard Charles, Ali, Louis and there are more who I can't think of off the top of my head.

Sugar Ray Rob or Jack # 1 spot they are 1/2
Ali #3
then
Hearns man FK Sugar Ray Leonard. Hearns was 10 times the fighter and got shafted. Of course full homer I trained with a few dudes that sparred with him, dude was a freak. They both sparred with SRL too, said no comparison. I believe them yo..

Sugar Ray Rob or Jack # 1 spot they are 1/2
Ali #3
then
Hearns man FK Sugar Ray Leonard. Hearns was 10 times the fighter and got shafted. Of course full homer I trained with a few dudes that sparred with him, dude was a freak. They both sparred with SRL too, said no comparison. I believe them yo..

Hearns is a great too, but I mean he literally lost to Leonard that is why I put Leonard above him. They trained at Kronk?

Leonard hugged his *** to death. Motor city cobra

Lol that is a legit strategy though. If it works it works. The thing is we also are talking about P4P rankings. Leonard was a much more natural welterweight then Hearns. If the whole moving up in class to win as many belts as possible thing never existed Leonard would be smaller then Hearns. Since he was able to beat him in addition to being a smaller framed guy I give him the edge. Like I said though. Hearns is also an ATG, but I just put him lower than Leonard.

Advertisement
Lol that is a legit strategy though. If it works it works. The thing is we also are talking about P4P rankings. Leonard was a much more natural welterweight then Hearns. If the whole moving up in class to win as many belts as possible thing never existed Leonard would be smaller then Hearns. Since he was able to beat him in addition to being a smaller framed guy I give him the edge. Like I said though. Hearns is also an ATG, but I just put him lower than Leonard.
Dude Hearns was all over that is why he is a baller. Maybe best fight history all time. Welterweight to Light Heavweight/

Dude Hearns was all over that is why he is a baller. Maybe best fight history all time. Welterweight to Light Heavweight/

That is only one more weight class than Leonard and that is because he was cutting a ton of weight to make Welterweight to begin with. Otherwise you would have to put Pacquiao in the top because he has so many belts in different weight classes. The fab 4 was great for the sport of boxing and all 4 of them where ATGs, but I just think Duran and Leonard where the best p4p of the 4.

That is only one more weight class than Leonard and that is because he was cutting a ton of weight to make Welterweight to begin with. Otherwise you would have to put Pacquiao in the top because he has so many belts in different weight classes. The fab 4 was great for the sport of boxing and all 4 of them where ATGs, but I just think Duran and Leonard where the best p4p of the 4.
Leonard was way bigger man, they gave him a few pounds at weigh in. I'm a full on SRL hater. LMAO

Leonard was way bigger man, they gave him a few pounds at weigh in. I'm a full on SRL hater. LMAO

The thing about that though is weight isn't as important as your frame. For example lets say mayweather bulked up to 254. Would he be stronger then Anthony Joshua? Absolutley not because his frame isn't built to fight at that weight(lets not even get into the cardio aspect). Leonard may have weighted more then Hearns during their fight, but he wasn't built for that weight class. When I think p4p I imagine if we had a machine that could shrink everyone down to the same size who would win. Leonard in the p4p discussion fought best as a welterweight. Hearns looked best as a middleweight. That is a big weight difference. Add in the fact that Leonard won(even if he did clinch a lot) he still beat the larger framed opponent which gives him more clout in the p4p rankings.

Advertisement
The thing about that though is weight isn't as important as your frame. For example lets say mayweather bulked up to 254. Would he be stronger then Anthony Joshua? Absolutley not because his frame isn't built to fight at that weight(lets not even get into the cardio aspect). Leonard may have weighted more then Hearns during their fight, but he wasn't built for that weight class. When I think p4p I imagine if we had a machine that could shrink everyone down to the same size who would win. Leonard in the p4p discussion fought best as a welterweight. Hearns looked best as a middleweight. That is a big weight difference. Add in the fact that Leonard won(even if he did clinch a lot) he still beat the larger framed opponent which gives him more clout in the p4p rankings.
Hearns was a stick I was around then, in some what of the same circles. Dude was like 130 couldn't gain weight, SRL was broad.

Hearns was a stick I was around then, in some what of the same circles. Dude was like 130 couldn't gain weight, SRL was broad.

But he had 3 inches on him. If you watch every SRL and Hearns fight SRL just is his fastest and slickest at WW where as Hearns looked his best when he was fighting at MW.

But he had 3 inches on him. If you watch every SRL and Hearns fight SRL just is his fastest and slickest at WW where as Hearns looked his best when he was fighting at MW.
Look being long is a MMA thing, it don't help unless you can jab the fk out of a dude. That is why SRL was his kryptonite, his movement, short compact punches, inside, always holding, push off extend. Tyson was same way man.

Advertisement
Look being long is a MMA thing, it don't help unless you can jab the fk out of a dude. That is why SRL was his kryptonite, his movement, short compact punches, inside, always holding, push off extend. Tyson was same way man.

No its not. MMA being tall is even less important then boxing because it makes it easier for takedowns. I agree that as a short fighter you have an advantage if you can get to the inside, but that wasn't what I was getting at. I am saying that it would make sense that Hearns would be thinner than Robinson because he is 3 inches taller.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back