OT - Game of Thrones S8

Yes she was broken for sure. I'm not saying I didn't see it coming. How many times did they discuss whether she was like her father or nit. We didn't know 100% either way. I'm just saying it was weird showing her composed and only killing soliders for the battle and then once they surrendered, her going ape ****. If she had come out from the very beginning of the battle burning everything and everyone then it would have played better to her having snapped already in the previous episode.
I feel what you are saying, but I must have missed her composure. She was fighting and slaying hard like everyone else. She had to kill those able to kill her before she could move onto those who couldn’t. I don’t believe that she fully intended to massacre them, but that bell backfired and triggered the complete opposite of what Tyrion intended. He betrayed her and she betrayed him.

Advertisement
I think a lot of what is happening with Dany is now just retcon'ing and trying to make the square peg fit the round hole. Her destroying the scorpions, Iron Fleet, Golden Company, Kings Landing Guard...all perfectly fine. Inch-by-inch destroying Kings Landing and all of its innocent civilians flies in the face of her character for the entire series up to that point where she says fvck it and makes a move on the Red Keep. Her killing treasonists, masters, and dissenters has a place in this universe...the innocent...you're right, it doesn't make a ton of sense.

The end of Varys seems very silly and was a microcosm of the plot issues the writers face. Varys is a nuanced character driven by dialogue...you don't really get that by the end.
Dany told Varys she would burn him alive if he ever betrayed her, why is this so silly to you that he was burned alive? Littlefinger and Varys started the whole game of thrones. The Stark girls got their justice against Littlefinger and the Targaryen girl got her justice with Varys. Varys wasn't a loyal good person. He was a leach that hid behind the "for the good of the realm" BS. He deserved to burn and any other Queen or King would have executed him as well. Nothing silly about it at all. The Red Women told him he would die in this country.

-Jon took revenge on a dude by chopping off his head, as the guy begged for mercy.
-He also hung an 11 year old boy from a noose for betraying him.
-By the show's logic, as a Targaryen, Jon is one case of blue balls from slaughtering millions of innocent people.
HaHa big reach here. Jon executed others as well for not only betraying.........but murdering him. Stop reaching

I thought the same w/ Varys initially, but it makes sense when you look at it from the perspective that he knew she was burning KL down in a couple of days, and he didn't have time to plot and play games. His whole "for the realm" bit forced his hand, and he knew it could/would cost him his life if Jon and T didn't go along.
Interesting. Thanks for that perspective.

Advertisement
Original idea, turn Danny to the same story as one Annakin Skywalker. Im a casual watcher and it was pretty apparent what direction she was going, that's killing them all, including younglings.

Bran's ending up on the throne.

That's my pick lmao. This season has just completely turned me off and judging by their quotes about the series finale, the writers put someone on the throne that no one has a connection to.

This season is a disappointment, but that should have been expected by all who watched the last couple seasons since they ran out of source material.

I’ve been ****ed that Martin is taking so much time for the last 2 books. But now that the ending has already been spoiled. And so apathetically of course. I’m fine if Martin takes another 6 years to release this book, then another 10 for the last. (Which he probably will.) Just end it right and I’ll wait.

It’s just a shame the audiobook reader has actually died waiting for him to finish.

It will not be Dany or Jon on the throne. One has to die. My guess is Tyrion. That’s who Sansa will be pushing for and with a Dany going nuts Jon will lean away from her. Don’t forget, Baratheon anointed Eddard to be on the throne until Joffrey came to age so with his last word there should be a Stark on the throne. Bran is the 3 eyed raven and will not want it as much as Jon doesn’t want it.

Advertisement
It was very obvious from episode 1 of season 8 Dany was coming off her rocker like her family does it seems.

Advertisement
I actually don’t think there will be an iron throne in the end after the Dragon Queen dies. Sansa will rule the north while Jon goes off and lives with the wildlings....

I actually don’t think there will be an iron throne in the end after the Dragon Queen dies. Sansa will rule the north while Jon goes off and lives with the wildlings....
Unless they want to pull it out of the rubble and fix it up, there already is no iron throne. A whole castle fell on it.

Vegas has Bran on the throne.

I’m looking forward to the unsullied munic throwing hands with Snow. I think Aria takes out Dany. Although I could see Snow killing her with her own Dragon. So likely events IMO are Snow dies, Dany Dies and only Aria and Bran live.

Advertisement
This season is a disappointment, but that should have been expected by all who watched the last couple seasons since they ran out of source material.

I’ve been ****ed that Martin is taking so much time for the last 2 books. But now that the ending has already been spoiled. And so apathetically of course. I’m fine if Martin takes another 6 years to release this book, then another 10 for the last. (Which he probably will.) Just end it right and I’ll wait.

It’s just a shame the audiobook reader has actually died waiting for him to finish.
Martin will never finish the books - he'll die before then.

Advertisement
Back