OT - Game of Thrones S8

I love Game of Thrones. I hate GRRM. That fat, Berl Ives wannabe should’ve finished those books a long ****** time ago. Expecting show runners -who are doing a fantastic job, btw- to be as good writing without the source material is unrealistic. Now he’s just lapping up the fame...working on other projects...those books will never be finished. I think … that these “loose ends” they’re not tying up are on purpose; they’re JUST spin off opportunities for HBO.

I dont get into the weeds about battle plans and Varys’ seeming time travel, I take it for what it is. I just watch. Arya snuck up on Jon in the godswood and she snuck up on the Night King’s *** walking like he had his **** slung over his shoulder and wrapped around his neck like a scarf. Makes sense to me. Jon had a horrible battle plan for BotB, and was part of this one too (why would he learn?). Makes sense to me. Wights couldn’t kill Tormond beyond the Wall and can’t kill Jamie, Brienne, et.al. at the BoW. Makes sense to me. (Fast as **** wights could have run on top of water and the show could have been a mini-series, but what’s the fun of that?) I was hoping Jon’s stupid, wannabe the hero all the time woulda got the Blue flame from Viserion but Arya killed the Night King, screaming “Snow Cones for everyone!”

That said, it was never just about the violence and ***. Joffrey was an incredible character and the young actor who played him killed it. Tywin and Lady Olenna stole the screen whenever they were on. Arya recounting her names. Ygritte (****, she reminded me of this crazy chick I knew...ok, maybe two; I didn’t learn the first time), Oberyn Martell, Littlefinger … excellent characters; they moved the story more than the shock scenes - even though the 9th episodes of the first 5 seasons normally were shocking.

The transformations, the redemptions, the murder … imma miss this show in 3 weeks. Until then, some of y’all need to stop ******* it up for the rest us. LOL.

I agree with your whole post, but the bolded part had me dying laughing bro because its so true.

Advertisement
Tbh Cersei deserves the throne but Jon would make a better leader and Dany is making the biggest mistake any person could make... reacting out of emotion. That is the number one sign of a weak person.

Hopefully Dany orders the 48 principles of power and reads that ASAP to turn his life around before he ends up getting whacked!

I give up. HBO has sold out to the casual fan. The level of incompetence on display tn was absolutely painful to watch. So many things that they’ve been building up to for YEARS thrown away with nothing to show for it. Not showing the sisters reaction to learning their brother is not really a stark, Jamie finally “falling” for brianne only to walk out after a one night stand, missande not making it to shore but Tyrion does even after having a mast fall on him, John walking away from his best friend who is bound to him for life like it’s a horse he borrowed, danaerys not seeing a fleet of ships from several thousand feet in the air, it’s all just too much. Too many plot holes. They’ve turned a series built on excellent story telling to a castles and knights version of survivor. I guess missande was voted off the island this week, tune in next week to see how her boyfriend reacts!

So Euron's fleet is transporting Cersei's mercenaries in wooden ships. That doesn't seem like a great idea when your opponent has dragons.
You're already a better hand than Tyrion

Advertisement
Watch E-60 ESPN "STRONG MAN" the story the man who plays the huge monster guard who protects the evil queen , very impressive story.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Y’all still expecting these writers to stick to these books lol. Very rarely do books and the tv shows stick 100%. **** let alone 80%
plus the books aren't caught up to the show. i think a lot of people need to just go with the flow. the writers are trying to tie things up in 6 episodes. this happens with every show in the last season. you have to end somewhere and most people aren't going to like how it ends up.

This is how u know the show is being rushed

Advertisement
I give up. HBO has sold out to the casual fan. The level of incompetence on display tn was absolutely painful to watch. So many things that they’ve been building up to for YEARS thrown away with nothing to show for it. Not showing the sisters reaction to learning their brother is not really a stark, Jamie finally “falling” for brianne only to walk out after a one night stand, missande not making it to shore but Tyrion does even after having a mast fall on him, John walking away from his best friend who is bound to him for life like it’s a horse he borrowed, danaerys not seeing a fleet of ships from several thousand feet in the air, it’s all just too much. Too many plot holes. They’ve turned a series built on excellent story telling to a castles and knights version of survivor. I guess missande was voted off the island this week, tune in next week to see how her boyfriend reacts!
Accurate af, HBO butchered this show so **** bad

Funny that last week a bunch of ppl were saying they couldn’t see **** in the battle and now they somehow are spotting lil *** cups to ***** about.

But seriously I’ve seen a ton of complaints from fans bc this or that hasn’t played out how they hoped or predicted. It amazes me that so many ppl watch a show that they apparently don’t like bc I saw a bunch of the same type of whining during season 7. If you don’t like it, you could just stop watching, but instead you will be right in front of your tv the next 2 Sunday’s at 9 to watch more.

Maybe I’m weird but I don’t watch shows that I don’t like. Too many options for quality entertainment to do that.

And no leaks/spoilers from future episodes please, some of us just want to enjoy the show as it airs.

Advertisement
I legit thought this was the worst episode in this show's history. I almost turned it off after 30 minutes.

It's not even the plot holes (which there are plentyyyyyy). The writing and the character portrayal is just awful this season.

8 years of this show, 7 strong seasons, and they're ruining it all with the last season. This felt like a network television drama, maybe on the CW. Not an HBO juggernaut.

I'm a very critical person by nature so I may be tougher than the average viewer but this was just trash.

Before this season I would have told anyone who had never seen GOT to set aside a week and watch it to catch up. Now, I almost envy them. It's not worth it just to lead up to this disappointment.

It will take a miracle for the last two episodes to save it. I hope they do somehow.

Funny that last week a bunch of ppl were saying they couldn’t see **** in the battle and now they somehow are spotting lil *** cups to ***** about.

But seriously I’ve seen a ton of complaints from fans bc this or that hasn’t played out how they hoped or predicted. It amazes me that so many ppl watch a show that they apparently don’t like bc I saw a bunch of the same type of whining during season 7. If you don’t like it, you could just stop watching, but instead you will be right in front of your tv the next 2 Sunday’s at 9 to watch more.

Maybe I’m weird but I don’t watch shows that I don’t like. Too many options for quality entertainment to do that.

And no leaks/spoilers from future episodes please, some of us just want to enjoy the show as it airs.
I enjoy it for what it is, i just get frustrated with non sense battle strategy and how the ending of last nights episode went down.. I’ve said earlier that this show is great but due to lazy writing it’s turning into an ehhh show.

To give an example of my frustration.. imagine if they continued making Harry Potter movies after like the 3rd one without any books to go off of.. and they scratched HP from being the prophecy child and made like Ron Weasley or some ish the hero of the final battle for “shock value” along with having characters dong a complete 180 of how they were being represented in previous seasons.

It’s not as simple as all that obviously but it’s pretty **** close lol. They just need to relax with the shock value aspect, of everything has shock value then it’s no longer shocking

I am enjoying the episodes but I agree that the writing has been a little lazy. There have been so many huge character reunions and they last about 5 seconds.

Last night when Jon let his sisters know his true origin and they just cut away without their reaction is a perfect example.

Advertisement
Back