OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
Funny that last week a bunch of ppl were saying they couldn’t see **** in the battle and now they somehow are spotting lil *** cups to ***** about.

But seriously I’ve seen a ton of complaints from fans bc this or that hasn’t played out how they hoped or predicted. It amazes me that so many ppl watch a show that they apparently don’t like bc I saw a bunch of the same type of whining during season 7. If you don’t like it, you could just stop watching, but instead you will be right in front of your tv the next 2 Sunday’s at 9 to watch more.

Maybe I’m weird but I don’t watch shows that I don’t like. Too many options for quality entertainment to do that.

And no leaks/spoilers from future episodes please, some of us just want to enjoy the show as it airs.
People want to see how it ends because they've invested so much time into the show.

I won't be watching the spin offs and I'm glad there's only two episodes left.

I am enjoying the episodes but I agree that the writing has been a little lazy. There have been so many huge character reunions and they last about 5 seconds.

Last night when Jon let his sisters know his true origin and they just cut away without their reaction is a perfect example.
Yeah, that irritated me to no end. I wanted to see Sansa and Arya reaction to the news.

I've read the leaks, so I know how it all ends, but I can't see how Daenerys can win.

Those ballistas are war winning weapons. She can't use her last remaining dragon and they can punch clean through a ship from half a mile away. The walls of Kings Landing were literally lined with those things.

It's ovah. GG no RE.

Advertisement
A lot of the blame falls at George's feet, but Weiss and Benioff are absolute hacks who I hope don't find work again.
They're writing a new Star Wars series. Ugh.

I wonder if HBO dropped a bag at Martin's feet and told him to hold off on the books. I know his output was slowing anyway, but I can't help but think he's gonna come out with his own end of the series a year or so after the TV show ends.

funny that you guys read the leaks and don't like the ending. you have to admit the writers have an impossible task. pleasing all the fans of the show is virtually impossible and by the way if the leaks are true its largely the way i would have written it save for the one that actually wins in the end. that person would have never been on my list.

Advertisement
I enjoy it for what it is, i just get frustrated with non sense battle strategy and how the ending of last nights episode went down.. I’ve said earlier that this show is great but due to lazy writing it’s turning into an ehhh show.

To give an example of my frustration.. imagine if they continued making Harry Potter movies after like the 3rd one without any books to go off of.. and they scratched HP from being the prophecy child and made like Ron Weasley or some ish the hero of the final battle for “shock value” along with having characters dong a complete 180 of how they were being represented in previous seasons.

It’s not as simple as all that obviously but it’s pretty **** close lol. They just need to relax with the shock value aspect, of everything has shock value then it’s no longer shocking

I can understand some of that and even agree to an extent but I disagree with the notion that these characters have been doing 180s. Maybe you’ve already discussed in it in this thread but I’m too lazy to go back and read it all lol so would you care to elaborate on which characters you’re talking about? I see that being said a lot about Dany but I feel like what’s happening with her is in very much in character from what we’ve seen but maybe you are talking about others as well?

I just think that the picking apart of every scene on this show is getting out of hand. I know that comes with the territory with a show that popular but ****. If you just read critics reviews and comment sections you would think this show is awful. They’ve definitely rushed some things the past 2 seasons but I still thinks it’s 1 of the best shows on tv and very entertaining. People let a couple of things that they don’t like color their entire opinion of an episode.

I can understand some of that and even agree to an extent but I disagree with the notion that these characters have been doing 180s. Maybe you’ve already discussed in it in this thread but I’m too lazy to go back and read it all lol so would you care to elaborate on which characters you’re talking about? I see that being said a lot about Dany but I feel like what’s happening with her is in very much in character from what we’ve seen but maybe you are talking about others as well?

I just think that the picking apart of every scene on this show is getting out of hand. I know that comes with the territory with a show that popular but ****. If you just read critics reviews and comment sections you would think this show is awful. They’ve definitely rushed some things the past 2 seasons but I still thinks it’s 1 of the best shows on tv and very entertaining. People let a couple of things that they don’t like color their entire opinion of an episode.

People wanted to believe Daenerys is one way but in fact, this is who she is a power hungry brat. She has not skills or qualifications other than being a Targaryean. If it wasn’t for dragons she’d be useless. I think she realizes this and with the news of Jon she is losing her **** lol

Advertisement
A lot of the blame falls at George's feet, but Weiss and Benioff are absolute hacks who I hope don't find work again.
Hate to break the news to you, but Weiss and Benioff are working on a trilogy of star wars movies.

I said it at the beginning of this thread and I'll say it again. People are only watching now to see how it ends.

People wanted to believe Daenerys is one way but in fact, this is who she is a power hungry brat. She has not skills or qualifications other than being a Targaryean. If it wasn’t for dragons she’d be useless. I think she realizes this and with the news of Jon she is losing her **** lol

I mostly agree lol I never really had a problem with her but a lot of fans have this romanticized view of her bc she was freeing slaves and **** but chose to ignore the ppl that she burnt, crucified etc because they didn’t like them lol. She’s always been impulsive, irrational and power hungry. What would be out of character would be her ending up as some great, perfect and peaceful queen when she’s clearly not lol she’s def losing her **** and heading towards Mad Queen territory.

Advertisement
I mostly agree lol I never really had a problem with her but a lot of fans have this romanticized view of her bc she was freeing slaves and **** but chose to ignore the ppl that she burnt, crucified etc because they didn’t like them lol. She’s always been impulsive, irrational and power hungry. What would be out of character would be her ending up as some great, perfect and peaceful queen when she’s clearly not lol she’s def losing her **** and heading towards Mad Queen territory.

Right, she’s pretty much a softer Cersei. I want Cersei to die but I respect that balls she has and how she doesn’t hide who she is

How you can be surprised when you command the air is beyond me. Especially by wooden ships with canvas sails. Why she wouldn't have flown around and attacked from the rear is puzzling.

Dany should have attacked Euron from the rear like Khal Drogo attacked her from the rear.

plus the books aren't caught up to the show. i think a lot of people need to just go with the flow. the writers are trying to tie things up in 6 episodes. this happens with every show in the last season. you have to end somewhere and most people aren't going to like how it ends up.
Exception=Breaking Bad

Advertisement
Back