OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
You realize those guns rotated completely around right? It was an upgraded model of what Bron used that was destroyed.

Also they were on their way to Dragon Stone, not King's Landing like someone else stated which is why they got caught off guard. Someone must have leaked their plans. Guessing Varys.
I get they rotated around but Im sure the dragon flies much faster then the guns rotate.

I get they rotated around but Im sure the dragon flies much faster then the guns rotate.

This. On top of it, do you know how long it would take to reload one giant arrow like that? Somehow they were able to keep reloading and firing those giant crossbows like they were shooting a bolt action rifle. You'd probably be able to get one round off and then be roasted before you could get another one ready to fire.

Who on here said they couldn't see anything during the battle last week?

Wasn’t talking about on here in general. I haven’t read the majority of this thread so idk fr, but if you didn’t hear about like a million ppl whining that they couldn’t see **** during the Battle of Winterfell then you haven’t been paying attention. Wasn’t an issue for me though.

Advertisement
Here's a thought for the "I want scientific explanations for everything" crowd.

How do we know that the 3 dragons haven't laid eggs somewhere.

If we are going to get an "out-of-left-field" plot development, and given that the previews showed someone looking up into the sky (but not showing us what they were looking at), it might not be so crazy to imagine that the war will be won by a whole squadron of dragons.

Or not. I'm patient. I'll roll with whatever happens.

Here's a thought for the "I want scientific explanations for everything" crowd.

How do we know that the 3 dragons haven't laid eggs somewhere.

If we are going to get an "out-of-left-field" plot development, and given that the previews showed someone looking up into the sky (but not showing us what they were looking at), it might not be so crazy to imagine that the war will be won by a whole squadron of dragons.

Or not. I'm patient. I'll roll with whatever happens.

Well I think the dragons are male....

Euron is looking up because Daenery's figured out maybe it would be intelligent to use clouds as coverage

Euron is looking up because Daenery's figured out maybe it would be intelligent to use clouds as coverage

Historians, like Septon Barth, Grand Maester Munkun, and Maester Thomax, disagree on the mating habits of dragons.[26] Dragons lay large, scaled eggs to reproduce.[27] According to Archmaester Gyldayn, and agreed upon by Maester Yandel, the ability of a dragon to lay eggs is proof that said dragon is female. When a dragon is never observed to have laid eggs, this is taking as proof that it must have been male.[28] However, according to Barth and Maester Aemon, dragons have no fixed gender, but are “now one and now the other, as changeable as flame”.[27] Barth believed that dragons can change *** at need,[28][27] but Maester Anson believes this to be erroneous, and states in his Truth that Barth's statement is simply a misunderstood esoteric metaphor.[28]

Euron is a Miami Hurricane.

Upset the natural order of thangggs

Advertisement
I know next to nothing about the series except for a more or less x-rated compilation I saw a few years ago. That's enough for me. I enjoyed that walk of shame where that chick had to walk through the whole city nude. Who hasn't at some time been so ****ed at a woman....

Euron is a Miami Hurricane.

Upset the natural order of thangggs
Dudes a straight beast, while Tyrion was talking on the boat I said watch out for Euron he owns those seas boy. I tell u what no show does it better making u hate a character man lol

as someone said above they think dragons are gender neutral. the problem with the egg theory is it took three seasons for the dragons to mature. thats going to be a great magic trick if they somehow manage to produce a couple of more fully grown dragons.

Advertisement
as someone said above they think dragons are gender neutral. the problem with the egg theory is it took three seasons for the dragons to mature. thats going to be a great magic trick if they somehow manage to produce a couple of more fully grown dragons.

Sure, but there was a time when they were in Essos a few seasons ago when the dragons disappeared for a while.

There is no way Dany is coming with new dragons.

C'mon now, guys.

Drogon might come with the power of numerous dragons, but she isn't bringing new ones. Rhaegal is definitely dead. Big Vis is definitely dead. They didn't have any babies. But Dany is mad offline and she gonna go scorched earth.

D+D might be bad at this writing thing, but they aren't bad enough they end up using some trash plot developments like that.

Personally I liked this last episode. I am a politics/scheme/dialogue guy. Give me more Tyrion and Varys and I am good. The dragons and white walkers never did it for me.

Overall, the series fell short of expectations, IMO. It might crack the top 5 (more likely between 5-10), but before I started watching (before start of season 5, I believe), I was led to believe it was the best show ever. It isn't. But it is entertaining nonetheless.

Ever try to scroll through netflix to find a movie to watch? Spend 3 hours looking, then end up putting the regular season NBA game back on. GOT at least gets me to tune in every week. I will take it at face value.

Advertisement
Personally I liked this last episode. I am a politics/scheme/dialogue guy. Give me more Tyrion and Varys and I am good. The dragons and white walkers never did it for me.

Overall, the series fell short of expectations, IMO. It might crack the top 5 (more likely between 5-10), but before I started watching (before start of season 5, I believe), I was led to believe it was the best show ever. It isn't. But it is entertaining nonetheless.

Ever try to scroll through netflix to find a movie to watch? Spend 3 hours looking, then end up putting the regular season NBA game back on. GOT at least gets me to tune in every week. I will take it at face value.

Back when they put a focus on the underlying catalysts of all this (Varys and Littlefinger)...they had more of a command of the story, the writing, etc. They got away from these guys as the subtlety of writing went out the window. Now, in the end, they are doubling back on Varys...who was/is THE chief supporter of Dany in the books and through the first few seasons all of a sudden turning on her because he finds out about Jon? Reads like nonsense, to me.

Back when they put a focus on the underlying catalysts of all this (Varys and Littlefinger)...they had more of a command of the story, the writing, etc. They got away from these guys as the subtlety of writing went out the window. Now, in the end, they are doubling back on Varys...who was/is THE chief supporter of Dany in the books and through the first few seasons all of a sudden turning on her because he finds out about Jon? Reads like nonsense, to me.
Luckily I didn't read the books, so I have no starting point. But as to Varys, are you surprised? As Dany said in season 7, he has flipped allegiances multiple times over. I think the writing went out the window on the politics side bc they had to deal with the white walkers **** for the last 2 seasons. That has taken up a ton of time, and guy that don't battle like Varys and Tyrion get lost in the mix. Haven't seen a ton of my guy Bronn either.

I made the mistake of looking at oddsshark yesterday, who has a bunch of props up on who lives, who rules, first start to die, etc. Have to assume they are based on the leaks, cause some of the prices were odd, to say the least. Hoping for the best though - they had 2 years to get this figured out, better be worth the wait or there is gonna be a lot of backlash.

They went away from the political side of the story because the writers can’t write for ****

Beat seasons were the ones that were adapted from the book

Advertisement
Back