OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
I understand your position. But the dialogue in the earlier episodes, sets up everything. So it's a necessary evil.

It does. I think episode 2 will be the filler episode b/c I believe ep02 will end with the battle about to start. episodes 3 and 4 will be the battle. and final 2/2.5 episodes will be about who sits on the throne.

Not a waste, just felt rushed, 6 episodes is just not enough to give this show the ending it deserves. Last season was the same way, characters were teleporting around Westeros last season to get it all in
I read all the books when I was in college. For me this show was so long in the making that at times it disappoints me. I loved the books. I thought movies would be a better format for this. But at the end of the day I fvck with it.

It does. I think episode 2 will be the filler episode b/c I believe ep02 will end with the battle about to start. episodes 3 and 4 will be the battle. and final 2/2.5 episodes will be about who sits on the throne.
Not so sure about episode 2 being filler. Did you watch the preview at the end of last night's episode? Looks to have some action in it.

Advertisement
I read all the books when I was in college. For me this show was so long in the making that at times it disappoints me. I loved the books. I thought movies would be a better format for this. But at the end of the day I fvck with it.
Unfortunately, this is an all too common theme. No matter how good the movie/show is, it can never compare with the original story. I was disappointed the first time I watched "The Shinning" because I had read the book first and the movie, despite being considered a cinematic classic, just doesn't do what the book does. It's one of the main reasons I never got into the GOT books or even the Walking Dead comics. I felt like it would ruin the show for me.

It does but I think they're gearing up the battle scene for ep 3.

I agree. I think the last scene of Episode 2 will be them all lined up on the battlefield....they like to do those bridge scene things at the end of each episode, like Jamie seeing Bran last night.

My uncle convinced me to dive into the books yesterday after I told him my favorite story arc was Theon/Reek vs. Ramsay. He says the books go deep into that sh*t and how much of a psycho he is.

Advertisement
This is why I dont have got as as the best of all time.

Theres ALOT of filler episodes. ****, you could skip most of season 2 save for Blackwater and not really be lost at all.

Not bad episodes. Just filler.
I don’t agree at all.

This was the episode that brought literally everyone, scattered from all corners of the world, back together.

Maybe it lacked it bright shiny objects for some people but it was a critical episode

I don’t agree at all.

This was the episode that brought literally everyone, scattered from all corners of the world, back together.

Maybe it lacked it bright shiny objects for some people but it was a critical episode
Well, I should've been more clear I actually thought the premiere was brilliant w some great laugh out loud moments as well.

I was speaking in general more so.

I wanna know what role the red woman and her people play. If every red priest/priestess doesn't drop what they're doing to join in the fight.. wtf did they even bother showing us scenes of them for? They have their own army with flaming swords. The war against the great other is what they've been waiting for. They cannot just.. sit it out.

Advertisement
- Last night’s episode was easily the weakest episode ever.
- @gruntking GOT is soft-****. Scenes like the one you described were toned down due to “complaints” in the earlier seasons.
- “Rains of the Castemere” was an excellent episode, but “Baelor” was my first “WTF?!” which told me that this show was different.
- And, “The Door”? Whew! I’m still ****ed at Bran for that.
- I’ve been throwing up in my mouth for coveting the Red woman … after watching “The Red Woman”
- “The Mountain and the Viper” … that’s all I’ll say.
- And the best episode is the “The Winds of Winter” thanks to Cersei Corleone.

I’m hoping Tormund will make it to the end … which means he won’t. Because … GOT.

Has Sansa turned into Cersei or what? I bet she won’t cry for poor Ned Umber.

1. GOT
2. The Wire
3. … everything else, I guess.

* I watch Power … but it’s really just not that good to attempt to OC pare to The Wire or GOT. Blasphemy.
I respect your opinion and have been waiting on your take on the first episode.
Those episodes you named are great!
Have you ever watched the series Breaking Bad? Or Boardwalk Empire?

- Last night’s episode was easily the weakest episode ever.
- @gruntking GOT is soft-****. Scenes like the one you described were toned down due to “complaints” in the earlier seasons.
- “Rains of the Castemere” was an excellent episode, but “Baelor” was my first “WTF?!” which told me that this show was different.
- And, “The Door”? Whew! I’m still ****ed at Bran for that.
- I’ve been throwing up in my mouth for coveting the Red woman … after watching “The Red Woman”
- “The Mountain and the Viper” … that’s all I’ll say.
- And the best episode is the “The Winds of Winter” thanks to Cersei Corleone.

I’m hoping Tormund will make it to the end … which means he won’t. Because … GOT.

Has Sansa turned into Cersei or what? I bet she won’t cry for poor Ned Umber.

1. GOT
2. The Wire
3. … everything else, I guess.

* I watch Power … but it’s really just not that good to attempt to OC pare to The Wire or GOT. Blasphemy.
Good stuff. I got Hardhome as the best episode. That was an event that was only spoken of in the books, and they expanded it for the show. It was also a real holy **** episode in terms of scope and budget.

Up until that episode they kinda took the cheap route w the epic stuff, including Blackwater. This was the episode where HBO said we ain't playing.

Advertisement
My uncle convinced me to dive into the books yesterday after I told him my favorite story arc was Theon/Reek vs. Ramsay. He says the books go deep into that sh*t and how much of a psycho he is.
So many pivotal characters that were minimized by the show. They even completely changed several story lines that were relatively important to the overall story.

I don’t agree at all.

Exactly.

You can't have 73 episodes of battles. Or 73 episodes of blowing something up or killing a major character.

Just re-watched the 67 episodes (again), and even when there were "slow" episodes, stuff was happening.

I'm the first to admit that Daenerys' travels through Essos and Arya's adventures in Braavos did tend to drag, but the entire series is still amazing.

I'm not sure that some people understand how drama works. The reason why we actually care about, and are devastated by, the deaths of certain characters comes directly from the emotional investment we make in those characters during "the slow parts". Who would have cared about Ned Stark's death if we hadn't seen how honorable he was towards his friends and family?

You don't get a "big guy crushes a guy's head" scene every week. You have to build to those.

Advertisement
Back