OT - Game of Thrones S8

Anybody got one of these for it?

Link_Portrait.png

(I'd search the thread but I dont wanna see any spoilers)

Advertisement
Either way they all are very good shows and must watch tv.

Also power is decent. Concept is good, but acting is atrocious. Angie looks like a fun time though. Ha!

I’m gonna keep it real about Power. If you’ve watched the shows I listed above, then you CANNOT watch a show like Power and not immediately notice that it is not of the same cloth at all. Writing, plots, characters, character development, themes, and story not being solely dependent upon any individual character(s). Anyone can die on GOT and the show goes on. Breaking Bad’s writing is some of the best work in the history of storytelling despite the show being character dependent. The Wire showed during its last season but especially its last episode that the characters and their stories never end but instead just transfer onto other characters in a cycle. If you pay atttention to the last episode the creators showed how on characters transitioned but then they just showed scenes and sounds from the city of Baltimore for the final 5 minutes.

The city of Baltimore was The Wire’s lead character the whole time. The story could go on and on and on...it doesn’t have an ending.

My younger cousins and nephews love Power and beg me to watch it so I did watching one episode early in a season and then another towards the end of that same season. They were getting on me for watching out of order because I missed soooo much, but to their dismay I paused the episode we were watching and then told them exactly what happened and what was gonna happen before the season ended. They were ****ed but laughing. Power’s writing is subpar and predictable. They are caught up in the women, clothes, money, and flashy fast life storyline. It’s an extended rap video IMO.

Advertisement
CGI is hella expensive. And they spent a lot of money on that dragon joy ride. It was ******* awesome, but Ghost hasn't been in any episodes in forever
Yeah early in the show I remember people asking for more Direwolves. It was like even mega movies make CGI wolves look like complete ****.

Still. More Ghost.

Ghost made the Jon scene (no spoilers for Brock) from a few seasons ago all the more epic

My younger cousins and nephews love Power and beg me to watch it so I did watching one episode early in a season and then another towards the end of that same season. They were getting on me for watching out of order because I missed soooo much, but to their dismay I paused the episode we were watching and then told them exactly what happened and what was gonna happen before the season ended. They were ****ed but laughing. Power’s writing is subpar and predictable. They are caught up in the women, clothes, money, and flashy fast life storyline. It’s an extended rap video IMO.
We tried to watch Power. Made it one episode.

Thoughts? I was surprised how quick it was, not even an hour. Wish more would’ve happened with a bigger ending than what happened. But it looks like next episode is going to be full of action. I guess they had to set it all up this first episode but I believe there are only 6 episodes ‘this season? It’s go time from here on out
I mean, they’ve already posted the episode runtimes. First couple are an hour or less and then it ramps up in length

Advertisement
I like this list I have The Wire and GOT as 1a and 1b. I was also a huge fan of Lost. All great shows though
Bruh I Loved LOST but it never went anywhere. It was like the writers got writers block or bit off more than they could chew and were stuck not knowing how to end the show. I stopped watching LOST after several die hard seasons and never looked back.

Bruh...

Wtf happened??

😂

I’m gonna keep it real about Power. If you’ve watched the shows I listed above, then you CANNOT watch a show like Power and not immediately notice that it is not of the same cloth at all. Writing, plots, characters, character development, themes, and story not being solely dependent upon any individual character(s). Anyone can die on GOT and the show goes on. Breaking Bad’s writing is some of the best work in the history of storytelling despite the show being character dependent. The Wire showed during its last season but especially its last episode that the characters and their stories never end but instead just transfer onto other characters in a cycle. If you pay atttention to the last episode the creators showed how on characters transitioned but then they just showed scenes and sounds from the city of Baltimore for the final 5 minutes.

The city of Baltimore was The Wire’s lead character the whole time. The story could go on and on and on...it doesn’t have an ending.

The wire is very good. Def a top 5 for me

Advertisement
Advertisement
They offered my moms 6gs to film in her apartment and my dad said no. Dumb *** ni99@......i told him hes retarded af.

So I guess your dads the type of dude that wouldn't be taking bags either. LMAO. Just playing bro

But foreal that would have been dope af. Free money plus you could show your kids the episodes the apartment was in.

Advertisement
Back