OT - Game of Thrones S8

RIGHT! How do they eliminate her & her enti

RIGHT! like how do you eliminate her & her whole crew/story... guess they saw it as a potential conflict for the night king
Time is the issue. and early on, money was too.

The showrunners don't want to spend 15 years doing the show, which is what it would require to actually stay more inline with the books. I mean I think what they have done is great for the show, but I also would have been more satisfied if this was a 15 year plan rather than a 8 year plan. Plus all the actors definitely were going to be basically impossible to keep that long. Look at how big these peoples careers have gotten due to the show!

But yeah I've been waiting for Winds of Winter for a min too. Though I only read the books after I began watching the show. I'm hoping GRRM is just waiting to drop the book until after the show ends, which makes sense from his perspective I guess...

Did Tony die or what? I just finished it last week so everything is still fresh on my mind.
I say he's dead.

Early on in the last season his brother in law tells him you never see it coming and it just goes black.

In the final scene every time someone in his family comes in, the camera switches to Tony's POV watching them walk in.

When Meadow finally enters it switches once again to his POV, which is just blackness in this instance bc hes just been killed.

OldhamA

Senior
I can't understand the calls for GoT being the best show of all time.

Seasons 1-4 were excellent.
Season 5 was choppy.
Season 6+ has just been popcorn schlock (but damn it if I'm not in it until the end).

I can't really blame the show creators either - they're excellent editors, but they're not writers. George has let us all down.

J_E_F_F

Freshman
For my fellow anime lovin’, basement dwelling, virgins....

George R.R Martin is working with From Software (Dark Souls) to come out with a Thrones style game.

Plzwork4

Worldbeater
I’m sorry but after watching this the last friggin decade, Danny and the overt and obnoxious feminist theme is nauseating, I’ve actually grown to want to see her get her dome split. Still want the “good guys” to win tho, Jon and the Stark kids.
I'm ridin this boat as well. Ready for her to be gone. I think Snow does her in.

HarrietTubmanCane

Sophomore
Tier One:
GOT
The Wire
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire
Hell on Wheels
Black Sails

Tier Two:
Power
Flash
ATL
Gotham
Queen of the South
Daredevil
The Punisher
Good lists but it’s extremely difficult to see a list that doesn’t include Breaking Bad, it’s like blasphemy 😂. Y’all dudes gotta watch it and check back to make the guaranteed edit to your lists.

HarrietTubmanCane

Sophomore
Daenerys is boring to me. Tyrion literally fucks up every decision he makes. For supposedly being so smart I he is easily the worst adviser on the show.
Tyrion just became a liability, he was a beast the first 6 seasons. Stall him out bro, I still have love for him.

HarrietTubmanCane

Sophomore
I say he's dead.

Early on in the last season his brother in law tells him you never see it coming and it just goes black.

In the final scene every time someone in his family comes in, the camera switches to Tony's POV watching them walk in.

When Meadow finally enters it switches once again to his POV, which is just blackness in this instance bc hes just been killed.
Nailed it 🎯🎯 he got smoked.

OriginalGatorHater

Sophomore
I literally just finished the sopranos for the first time last week. It’s definitely in my top 3.

Soooooo did Tony die? He also should have popped Paulie when he had the chance.
Hell ya bro. Its dope AF. I don't think he died. The writer did an interview about it and it made me think he didn't die. He 100% should have wacked paulie though. No question.

JHallCanes

#TNM
Exactly.

You can't have 73 episodes of battles. Or 73 episodes of blowing something up or killing a major character.

Just re-watched the 67 episodes (again), and even when there were "slow" episodes, stuff was happening.

I'm the first to admit that Daenerys' travels through Essos and Arya's adventures in Braavos did tend to drag, but the entire series is still amazing.
No doubt there were times that dragged along. Some only seemed that way at the time, but down the road it made more sense.

Re-watching the series definitely made me appreciate certain aspects of the show a bit more

plantcity3

Senior
Good lists but it’s extremely difficult to see a list that doesn’t include Breaking Bad, it’s like blasphemy 😂. Y’all dudes gotta watch it and check back to make the guaranteed edit to your lists.
I forgot BB. It’s definitely in my top tier along with Vikings. The last kingdom, and Spartacus should be added to my second tier.

Last edited:

OriginalGatorHater

Sophomore
I forgot BB. It’s definitely in my top tier along with Vikings. The last kingdom, and Spartacus should be added to my second tier.
If you haven't seen it already check out the wire. It loses points with me because it has so many episodes from the cops perspective and it makes McNulty out to be the main charactar/ good guy, but it was still mad good.

If you haven't seen it already check out the wire. It loses points with me because it has so many episodes from the cops perspective and it makes McNulty out to be the main charactar/ good guy, but it was still mad good.
I put up my list earlier in thread...The Wire...Breaking Bad...Sopranos....interchangeable