OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
Did Tony die or what? I just finished it last week so everything is still fresh on my mind.
I say he's dead.

Early on in the last season his brother in law tells him you never see it coming and it just goes black.

In the final scene every time someone in his family comes in, the camera switches to Tony's POV watching them walk in.

When Meadow finally enters it switches once again to his POV, which is just blackness in this instance bc hes just been killed.

I can't understand the calls for GoT being the best show of all time.

Seasons 1-4 were excellent.
Season 5 was choppy.
Season 6+ has just been popcorn schlock (but **** it if I'm not in it until the end).

I can't really blame the show creators either - they're excellent editors, but they're not writers. George has let us all down.

Advertisement
For my fellow anime lovin’, basement dwelling, virgins....

George R.R Martin is working with From Software (Dark Souls) to come out with a Thrones style game.

I’m sorry but after watching this the last friggin decade, Danny and the overt and obnoxious feminist theme is nauseating, I’ve actually grown to want to see her get her dome split. Still want the “good guys” to win tho, Jon and the Stark kids.

I'm ridin this boat as well. Ready for her to be gone. I think Snow does her in.

Tier One:
GOT
The Wire
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire
**** on Wheels
Black Sails

Tier Two:
Power
Flash
ATL
Gotham
Queen of the South
Daredevil
The Punisher
Good lists but it’s extremely difficult to see a list that doesn’t include Breaking Bad, it’s like blasphemy 😂. Y’all dudes gotta watch it and check back to make the guaranteed edit to your lists.

Advertisement
I say he's dead.

Early on in the last season his brother in law tells him you never see it coming and it just goes black.

In the final scene every time someone in his family comes in, the camera switches to Tony's POV watching them walk in.

When Meadow finally enters it switches once again to his POV, which is just blackness in this instance bc hes just been killed.

Nailed it 🎯🎯 he got smoked.

I literally just finished the sopranos for the first time last week. It’s definitely in my top 3.

Soooooo did Tony die? He also should have popped Paulie when he had the chance.

**** ya bro. Its dope AF. I don't think he died. The writer did an interview about it and it made me think he didn't die. He 100% should have wacked paulie though. No question.

Advertisement
Exactly.

You can't have 73 episodes of battles. Or 73 episodes of blowing something up or killing a major character.

Just re-watched the 67 episodes (again), and even when there were "slow" episodes, stuff was happening.

I'm the first to admit that Daenerys' travels through Essos and Arya's adventures in Braavos did tend to drag, but the entire series is still amazing.
No doubt there were times that dragged along. Some only seemed that way at the time, but down the road it made more sense.

Re-watching the series definitely made me appreciate certain aspects of the show a bit more

Good lists but it’s extremely difficult to see a list that doesn’t include Breaking Bad, it’s like blasphemy 😂. Y’all dudes gotta watch it and check back to make the guaranteed edit to your lists.
I forgot BB. It’s definitely in my top tier along with Vikings. The last kingdom, and Spartacus should be added to my second tier.

Last edited:
I forgot BB. It’s definitely in my top tier along with Vikings. The last kingdom, and Spartacus should be added to my second tier.

If you haven't seen it already check out the wire. It loses points with me because it has so many episodes from the cops perspective and it makes McNulty out to be the main charactar/ good guy, but it was still mad good.

Advertisement
If you haven't seen it already check out the wire. It loses points with me because it has so many episodes from the cops perspective and it makes McNulty out to be the main charactar/ good guy, but it was still mad good.
I put up my list earlier in thread...The Wire...Breaking Bad...Sopranos....interchangeable

I put up my list earlier in thread...The Wire...Breaking Bad...Sopranos....interchangeable

Yup I agree with that. Sopranos, Wire, and breaking bad are my 3 favorite shows all time. I generally would give the nod to Sopranos, but depending on my mood they are all interchangeable. I just looked up your list Oz is dope and office is fvckin hilarious. I gotta check out Xfiles and Madmen. You talking about the xfiles from 1993?

Yup I agree with that. Sopranos, Wire, and breaking bad are my 3 favorite shows all time. I generally would give the nod to Sopranos, but depending on my mood they are all interchangeable. I just looked up your list Oz is dope and office is fvckin hilarious. I gotta check out Xfiles and Madmen. You talking about the xfiles from 1993?
Yes sir!! Mulder and Scully bringing out the conspiracies....

Advertisement
Back