OT Fields at OSU

Advertisement
they dont but if a kid is elite and wants to leave the staff will tell boosters he needs to stay and then they will get his *** to stay

Edit
Saban convince that monster DE to stay who was a frsh last year. He was going to transfer 100......how u think they convinced him? Dude is prolly the best DE they ever recruited kid is a first round type.

They tried to get him to stay. Once he transferred, fromm was the only scholarship qb. Other than the upcoming frosh

When Fields was at GA, his throws were very late .... part of this comes with reps or maybe he was over rated

Eason is a solid QB --- watch

Advertisement
Then maybe he needs his own package, different from the other QBs. That was always Coley's intention with Rosier but Malik had to become the full-time starter.
Thats definitely an option, however it still way too early to count him out, he still has time to win the job.

epic-golf-cart-fail.gif

Transfer qbs rarely pan out, if UGA knew the kid was a monster they wouldnt have let him leave

Not necessarily true. Depends on the student and the school they transfer to. I mean you just Baker Mayfield, K Murray, Minshew, Brady White, Joe Burrow, Shea Patterson, Stindham, Marcus McMarrion, even Russel Wilson. Most of the names I listed was from last year alone.

Advertisement
so whats the percentage? how many times does that work out
I agree. I started this thread not to say "Fields sucks" but to give another example of a highly touted transfer who has to step his game up.

Interesting point. A lot of people (myself included) were surprised at how little Fields played last year at UGA. I figured they would have at least designed a couple of packages for the nation's consensus top quarterback recruit but he rarely saw the field. Maybe Kirby and the UGA staff saw something that left them underwhelmed.

Or is Fromm just that good? Jacob Eason who was 5* recruit in 2016 & played in 13 games as a True Freshman wound up transferring to Washington in 2018. Eason got injured in the 1st game (9/2/17) of 2017 vs. App. St. (1-3 4yds) and it wasn't a major injury. He came back 4 weeks later to throw 1 pass vs. Tennessee (0-1), & in the next game vs. Vanderbilt he went (3-3 24 yds) and never saw the field again.
So, is it that Fromm is just that Good or did the Coaches make a mistake on both Fields & Eason?

So what do you guys think the chances of Fields being the starter in week 1 are? Is he just a bum? Is he better suited for OSU's spread offense than UGA's pro style?

I'm well aware that none of this matter to Miami so please spare me the "who cares" replies. It's the off season and there's literally not too much else to discuss that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum.

Not necessarily true. Depends on the student and the school they transfer to. I mean you just Baker Mayfield, K Murray, Minshew, Brady White, Joe Burrow, Shea Patterson, Stindham, Marcus McMarrion, even Russel Wilson. Most of the names I listed was from last year alone.
Im pretty sure the percentages favor my view.....im not going to go look but im sure theres more fail on transfers alone then non transfers.

Advertisement
Unexpected development at OSU - backup QB entering the portal. Another one leaves because of Fields? He hasn't even shown that much

Advertisement
This just shows that there isn't a QB competition at OSU. Fields was getting the job from the start. Tate saw that earlier than this guy

Ironically, there were many people who thought Baldwin was better than Fields in many ways in their spring "game". They have a VIP board that has a few notes on Fields. Someone from UGA with connections in OSU told them that he struggled in the pro style system Kirby runs and that he will struggle with Day's system at OSU. It will take time for him to get adjusted. He is a one read guy and if the read isn't there or the pocket collapses, his first instinct is to run. Sound familiar.......

Trevor Lawrence was the consensus top QB, but Fields wasn't far behind. Everything I've read from GA fans says he didn't play because he couldn't read defenses. He was limited to 1 read & run.
If theres anything you should learn from our fan base it's not to pay any mind to them and their expertise. You really believe that fanbase is any different in that regard...

place is on Fire I would imagine. Tell Cavazos we still good.

oh, yeah. Their board is Pretty surprised. Fields has really struggled. Neither looked great. But sure seems like Baldwin realizes he won't be more than the backup. It leaves them with basically walk on caliber Qbs.

Advertisement
Back