OT Fields at OSU

And being introduced to a system that is completely alien to him. That is certainly true for Perry and Williams as well. I doubt any of these three took a real snap under center since youth ball. For Perry, it was taking a snap out of I-formation and handing it off to Choc about a half dozen times.

Perry and Williams at least had to take some snaps from under center in richts offense.

Martell needs to rise to the occasion just like perry and Williams have.

Advertisement
I hope you're right because I didn't see him throw a single spiral in the scrimmage. Doesn't seem like just a confidence/timing/chemistry thing. Time will tell.

There is film of him throwing spirals and throwing with accuracy in an actual game setting. People are acting like he is not capable but there is actual proof he is.

Actually yes they do. If you're not comfortable u won't be confident. If you're not confident it will throw every aspect of your game off. Same thing with a shooter in basketball. Once they get hot and their confidence builds it's hard to miss. It's like Curry turning his back before the ball is even in the rim. He is confident it's going in.

Yes all 3 are learning a new offense but the other two has chemistry with their teammates. Idk if you've ever played a sport but u have to earn the respect of your teammates. If u earn their respect and become their leader the lineman will block harder for u, WR will run a route harder over the middle bc he knows u wont set him up to get layed out.

The battle will be won this summer. The other two QBs have shown they have character issues in the past.
If moving to a new city affects his confidence and makes him uncomfortable then he lacks the necessary mental make up to play QB @ Miami. The other 2 did NOT have enough playing time to develop any chemistry advantage over Tate. Him lacking confidence will not earn him respect from teammates, showing leadership will. I disagree that he lacks confidence I thinks it's more a result of him being asked to do many things that are not his strengths as a QB. I DO AGREE the battle will be won this summer and he may very well end up coming out number 1 as it is way too early to pick a leader at this point.

Martell has to get better, I'm sure he knows that. We all know that this is going to be decided in the summer when these guys are organizing workouts on their own.
I agree. I started this thread not to say "Fields sucks" but to give another example of a highly touted transfer who has to step his game up.

Bruh UGA would of did all to keep him, they would of moved mountains to keep him. My guess is they saw him at practice and saw enough and maybe the game was to fast for him. UGA practices are almost bama level by now already and no one lets savages walk away especially at QB, its rare. Chances r the kid sucks its highly probable hes all camp warrior. Not saying your wrong u could be right as well but this is usually the case with these schools/athletes
Interesting point. A lot of people (myself included) were surprised at how little Fields played last year at UGA. I figured they would have at least designed a couple of packages for the nation's consensus top quarterback recruit but he rarely saw the field. Maybe Kirby and the UGA staff saw something that left them underwhelmed.

I agree. I started this thread not to say "Fields sucks" but to give another example of a highly touted transfer who has to step his game up.

Interesting point. A lot of people (myself included) were surprised at how little Fields played last year at UGA. I figured they would have at least designed a couple of packages for the nation's consensus top quarterback recruit but he rarely saw the field. Maybe Kirby and the UGA staff saw something that left them underwhelmed.
Yeah, I was a little surprised myself at how little he got into games. Perhaps it was that he was just not ready vs him lacking ability but never the less it was surprising.

Advertisement
Bruh UGA would of did all to keep him, they would of moved mountains to keep him. My guess is they saw him at practice and saw enough and maybe the game was to fast for him. UGA practices are almost bama level by now already and no one lets savages walk away especially at QB, its rare. Chances r the kid sucks its highly probable hes all camp warrior. Not saying your wrong u could be right as well but this is usually the case with these schools/athletes

We have a winner.

Kid doesn't have it between the ears.

If moving to a new city affects his confidence and makes him uncomfortable then he lacks the necessary mental make up to play QB @ Miami. The other 2 did have enough playing time to develop any chemistry advantage over Tate. Him lacking confidence will not earn him respect from teammates, showing leadership will. I disagree that he lacks confidence I thinks it's more a result of him being asked to do many things that are not his strengths as a QB. I DO AGREE the battle will be won this summer and he may very well end up coming out number 1 as it is way too early to pick a leader at this point.

Chemistry with your teammates is not only built on the field. It is built by being with them everyday, knowing a players personality, which the other two have been doing for two years. I disagree that if his confidence is shaken by moving to a new city then he doesn't have the mental makeup to play QB at Miami. No one is as confident and as comfortable in a new city as they were where they came from. There is a significant difference between Columbus and Miami. The people are different, the places are different, the way of life is different. Do u think Baker Mayfield had that level of confidence he did his Heisman year when he was 4 months into his time in Norman? Highly unlikely. Enos said himself Tate is going through an adjustment period.

Advertisement
Just saw the numbers from Ohio State's spring game. Justin Fields: 4-14 131 yards. 98 of those came on one bomb to Binjamin Victor who was being covered by a walk-on corner. Maybe struggling learning a new offense at a new school isn't just limited to Tate Martell.
I knowwwwwww you're not trying to conflate the QB issue ...

Advertisement

I think it was more of a case of them having so much talent, they thought the safer bet would be Fromm. All he was asked to do is just not make mistakes. He was never asked to go out there, throw for 5 TD and win them the game. Starting a true freshman QB would have been a lot riskier idc what he was rated coming out of high school. If Georgia didn't have as much talent as they did Fields would have started. He is the type of athlete that is more capable of taking over a game with his arm and legs.

Advertisement
Chemistry with your teammates is not only built on the field. It is built by being with them everyday, knowing a players personality, which the other two have been doing for two years. I disagree that if his confidence is shaken by moving to a new city then he doesn't have the mental makeup to play QB at Miami. No one is as confident and as comfortable in a new city as they were where they came from. There is a significant difference between Columbus and Miami. The people are different, the places are different, the way of life is different. Do u think Baker Mayfield had that level of confidence he did his Heisman year when he was 4 months into his time in Norman? Highly unlikely. Enos said himself Tate is going through an adjustment period.
IMO I think it's him adjusting to playing under center and the new offense, Diaz has made mention before that he has blended in well with the team. Again, I just think the youngster just needs more time to adapt to what Enos is teaching vs what he's used to, but we can agree to disagree no biggie.

One thing I have seen said about Fields on both UGA and OSU boards is he is a one read QB. Hasn't gotten the reading the field down.

Who gives a **** about Fields...

Who cares about Fields. Rationalizing that Fields bad at osu does not discount fact that Martell has not looked good during spring practice. As of now Martell number 3 in our qb rotation. Final selection of starting qb will be a few weeks before August 24th.

You guys both opened a Fields thread, read it and responded to it. Clearly, despite your claims, you care about Fields.

Advertisement
Back