OT Fields at OSU

IMO I think it's him adjusting to playing under center and the new offense, Diaz has made mention before that he has blended in well with the team. Again, I just think the youngster just needs more time to adapt to what Enos is teaching vs what he's used to, but we can agree to disagree no biggie.

It's not just one thing like him adjusting to being under center. It's a multitude of things combined. He probably has blended in well but I'm sure not as well as the other two QBs have blended in the 730 days they've been there prior to Tate joining the team.

Advertisement
Really? So Joe Burrow didn't work out for LSU or Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield for Oklahoma. Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Jake Coker, Jacoby Brissett? Or how about Troy Aikman
so whats the percentage? how many times does that work out

So is it the same for both starting QB's of the 2018 College playoff semi-final game between Bama & Clemson? Both Kelly Bryant & Jalen Hurts were replaced the following year and have since transferred. Also Fromm beat out Jacob Eason the previous year and he transferred out as well.

Bruh UGA would of did all to keep him, they would of moved mountains to keep him. My guess is they saw him at practice and saw enough and maybe the game was to fast for him. UGA practices are almost bama level by now already and no one lets savages walk away especially at QB, its rare. Chances r the kid sucks its highly probable hes all camp warrior. Not saying your wrong u could be right as well but this is usually the case with these schools/athletes

Just saw the numbers from Ohio State's spring game. Justin Fields: 4-14 131 yards. 98 of those came on one bomb to Binjamin Victor who was being covered by a walk-on corner. Maybe struggling learning a new offense at a new school isn't just limited to Tate Martell.
All our QBs are learning this new offense

I agree. I started this thread not to say "Fields sucks" but to give another example of a highly touted transfer who has to step his game up.

Interesting point. A lot of people (myself included) were surprised at how little Fields played last year at UGA. I figured they would have at least designed a couple of packages for the nation's consensus top quarterback recruit but he rarely saw the field. Maybe Kirby and the UGA staff saw something that left them underwhelmed.
Trevor Lawrence was the consensus top QB, but Fields wasn't far behind. Everything I've read from GA fans says he didn't play because he couldn't read defenses. He was limited to 1 read & run.

Advertisement
You guys both opened a Fields thread, read it and responded to it. Clearly, despite your claims, you care about Fields.
Don’t care 1 iota about Fields. Only concerned about who our qb will be during 2019 season. Posted previous message to advise Martell groupies do not defend your guy based on Fields perceived performance in osu spring game. Probably difficult for you to dissect content of my post. Understandable based on the iq of most of our esteemed members.

Listen your point about transfer needing some time to settle in is valid. I believe Enos said as much yesterday.

At the end of the day even if Martell doesn’t win the job he lit the fire to push Williams and Perry to push harder and fight for the job.

Not sure why folks are enamored with martell vs our returning players, who were highly rated as well. However they were led by one of the worst QB coaches in college football.
We needed a major upgrade in that room. Especially the coaching but we also needed a talent upgrade. Martell may not be the most talented of the three. If he put them on notice that it was go time.

Advertisement
Not sure why folks are enamored with martell vs our returning players, who were highly rated as well. However they were led by one of the worst QB coaches in college football.

And Perry was awful the last few weeks of the season.

Former 5 Star, All World, SEC Starting True Freshman Jacob Eason...

Is apparently really struggling up at Washington as well and appears to be losing out to a 3* Freshman.

The QB position is a crap shoot and stars, height and arm strength look good on paper, but you never know if you are getting a Gardner Minshew or a Malik Zaire until they step on the field for real. The coaches might know, but the fans sure as **** aren't going to know in the spring.

Be patient.

Struggles can happen in the spring game and it’s not the end all be all. Even **** tua from bama struggled in the spring game 19 of 37 with 1 td 1 int 267yards . Sh*t just happens

Advertisement
He DEFINITELY had a spiral on that throw to Osborne. In fact it might have been one of the best balls any of the qbs threw that day

It was obvious hyperbole, Brock. He makes some splash plays like we saw in the OSU highlights but we don't need flashes or lightning in a bottle, we need consistency. You can find throws Kosi made last year, chop em up into a tape, and he would look like a Heisman candidate.

Nothing I've seen from Martell live, with my eyes, told me he can be the every down guy.

Perry and Williams at least had to take some snaps from under center in richts offense.

Martell needs to rise to the occasion just like perry and Williams have.

Handing the ball off to Choc doesn't count. It really was a joke last fall. Like running wildcat. Deejay power right, Deejay power left. A series is more than one to two plays.

Advertisement
It was obvious hyperbole, Brock. He makes some splash plays like we saw in the OSU highlights but we don't need flashes or lightning in a bottle, we need consistency. You can find throws Kosi made last year, chop em up into a tape, and he would look like a Heisman candidate.

Nothing I've seen from Martell live, with my eyes, told me he can be the every down guy.
Nah man lol

Fromm was better than Eason in his first spring game as a true freshman, after just a few weeks with the playbook. That's why Eason transferred. Eason was also prone to partying... a lot, in Athens. There was a reason when Field came in the games for UGA, he was almost always running. He was change of pace and basically used as a running back. He hadn't picked up the offense. Martell was told the job was Field's from what I read, explaining why he went from competing to transferring.

Really? So Joe Burrow didn't work out for LSU or Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield for Oklahoma. Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Jake Coker, Jacoby Brissett? Or how about Troy Aikman
You can also probably add to that list Nick Marshall, Brock Berlin, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Jeff Hostetler, Jeff George, Scott Frost, Colt Brennan, Ryan Mallet.

As for Fields, I think it was more of a situation where UGA made him and his father some promises (ie: you will start/ play significant minutes) and they ended up not delivering on those promises. He may absolutely be trash (jury is still out on that), but no program is content to let the #1 recruit (one the boosters paid handsomely for) just walk out the door. In UGA's case, this will be CONSECUTIVE years in which a #1 ranked 5 Star QB recruit chucked the deuce to Kirb Your Enthusiam.

They let him go bc they didn't have much of a choice and also bc they didn't want the situation to get ugly.

Advertisement
Back